What's new

Video/Tutorial - Cyber Sub-Zero Defending against CSZ B3D4 Ice Bomb hard to blockable after a corner knockdown

Sunny_D

Green Arrows personal Shooty guy
Thank you tom for actually labbing and finding ways out instead of calling for nerfs! Although I think they should make ex low bomb a mid that is plus and give him cool down on ice bombs with a mid divekick to balance him out. Normal bomb staying low OFCOARSE ex is just so much near impossible to block with my lab time. If there's a way to PLEASE let me know :)

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
So, nerf ex low bomb, nerf ice bombs by adding cooldown, make divekick a mid, that's balancing him out? Into what, Sheeva tier?

The divekick is only a problem for people who have no ideea how to play the game.
The actual problem is in the ACTUAL THREAD TITLE IN WHICH YOU ARE POSTING.

Bender

Product Manager. xBone tag: I3end3r.
I posted this in a separate thread, but this is probably the better place for it.

If you delay wakeup to receive extra block frames, the bomb at the end of b3d4 grants plus frames, making the setup safe. If you don't delay wakeup, the bomb does not grant the plus frames and you can get an 11 frame punish off.

In video, I recorded CS0 to do the corner setup into block one time, so that the setup is identical. I'm using KL and use delay wakeup the first time and normal wakeup the second time.

This adds an incentive to blocking the mixup in full so that you may punish after.

Last edited:

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
I posted this in a separate thread, but this is probably the better place for it.

If you delay wakeup to receive extra block frames, the bomb at the end of b3d4 grants plus frames, so you must block a 50/50, backlash, or armor. If you don't delay wakeup, the bomb does not grant the plus frames and you can get an 11 frame punish off.

In video, I recorded CS0 to do the corner setup into block one time, so that the setup is identical. I'm using KL and use delay wakeup the first time and normal wakeup the second time.

This adds an incentive to blocking the mixup in full so that you may punish after.

he doesnt look like hes forced to take a 50/50, are you sure about that

Bender

Product Manager. xBone tag: I3end3r.
he doesnt look like hes forced to take a 50/50, are you sure about that
Not 100% sure - I've done other setups where you end in ice bomb and b1 was beating out sub zero reversal slide. I'll test for it later if I have time.

Edit: my mistake - it makes it safe but slightly minus. Ill change it in the description.

Last edited: