What's new

Video/Tutorial - Cyber Sub-Zero Defending against CSZ B3D4 Ice Bomb hard to blockable after a corner knockdown

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
FYI I'm Jotting down all names of people saying "bro it ain't bad just lab and block it" and got something coming

His name rhymes w sonic fox and I'm looking forward to the naysayers blocking these setups after labbing
I know I am on that list. I am about to be exposed.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
of course, but only to a certain degree. you will never outrun a plane no matter how much you learn and master running. what im saying is that there are moves which are more powerful than the rest and their advantage doesnt vanish by figuring out one counter strategy. imagine there is a tournament who has the most pancakes, and your mom gave you two but the other kid has 5. youre like "fuck it im gonna level up my game", go to the supermarket and buy three more, but when you return the other kid did the same and has now eight, or even ten because he gets them for free in dads pancake factory. thats imo how adapting to cyber sub COULD end up. well its early and things might play out differently but NRS experience tells me they probably wont.
I'll agree with the concept. People tend to go "overboard" on expectations of themselves and others to a degree. But that's besides the point.

It's tough to block that. Period. But Tom did. So... It's possible.

Amazing execution. Very difficult blocking.

I'll try to learn & avoid being in that situation. That's what I want to keep in mind.

Great video.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Also he has the same 1112 corner bomb stuff.
It's because nobody made a video+thread about him, that's all.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
FYI I'm Jotting down all names of people saying "bro it ain't bad just lab and block it" and got something coming

His name rhymes w sonic fox and I'm looking forward to the naysayers blocking these setups after labbing
When did anyone actually say the setups were easy to block?

What people have actually been saying is that the pitchforks came out before people attempted to learn... not afterward. People actually thought Sub's B2 was an actual backdash canceled into and overhead, and there were many calls for nerfs. It wasn't until my thread yesterday that people actually started to learn. So you can see how some of us are irked by the witch hunt brigade.

I myself have said I'll wait to see it in tournament. And that's a fact.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
When did anyone actually say the setups were easy to block?

What people have actually been saying is that the pitchforks came out before people attempted to learn... not afterward. People actually thought Sub's B2 was an actual backdash canceled into and overhead, and there were many calls for nerfs. It wasn't until my thread yesterday that people actually started to learn. So you can see how some of us are irked by the witch hunt brigade.

I myself have said I'll wait to see it in tournament. And that's a fact.
Many people have nominated you as lead contender for worst poster 2016

Keep up the good work

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
Make dive kick mid and make ex dive kick an overhead and both punishable on block.

Close thread.

Pig Of The Hut

While I don't mind bombs being mid, can someone explain why CSZ is the only one being looked at when Cyrax can do the exact same thing on knockdown and during a net restand?
But people are

Especially on Twitter and Reo tech thread

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
If you guess right vs Summoner Quan, you still get hit anyways more then half the time. BIG difference from this where you actually can block/escape it when you guess the mix up.
Makes sense.

And don't get my wrong I'll be playing the Robot Ninjas, I'm just waiting for them to be fixed so I don't have to suffer another lost like I did with summoner.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Make dive kick mid and make ex dive kick an overhead and both punishable on block.

Close thread.
Man do you even play Triborg?

What about the actual resets from 1112 into b3d4 ?
That's the problem being discussed, what in'tarnations has the divekick anything to do with it?

Samsara

Resident Cynic
Many people have nominated you as lead contender for worst poster 2016

Keep up the good work
You can whine as much as you want. None of the observations I've made have been false concerning this release.

I've always spoken my mind and will continue to. If you don't want to hear it that's fine. I'll keep posting both discussion and tech/guide threads as normal.

Pig Of The Hut

You can whine as much as you want. None of the observations I've made have been false concerning this release.

I've always spoken my mind and will continue to. If you don't want to hear it that's fine. I'll keep posting both discussion and tech/guide threads as normal.
Keep up the good work

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
Man do you even play Triborg?

What about the actual resets from 1112 into b3d4 ?
That's the problem being discussed, what in'tarnations has the divekick anything to do with it?
It can be blocked by taking different actions upon getting up. It's dirty but possible as the OP illustrates.

What about when they time the string so that the overhead kick comes at the exact same time as the bomb exploding?

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Thing is ... has Quan ever even won a major? I mean he dosn't even have a super record for getting into top 8 right? Not saying CSZ is not super strong or w/e ... but I hope NRS gives the community time to play this rather than nurffing it into the ground...

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
Slow down b3d4's animation so the OH hits after the bomb, greatly reducing the reward. This would prompt players to go for more honest 50/50's or require more creative, escapable funblockables.