What's new

Match-up Discussion Deathstroke Struggling??!

Breaker

~AKUMA~
Hawkgirl does not beat Deathstroke, at worst it's probably even. Aerial gun shots alone messes with her flight too much.
Keyy! Thanks for confirming, I did say at high level this Match-Up is even but a lot of people just don't wanna hear it lol.

Honestly I'm gonna call you out and say this MU chart is full of shit, because stage interactables play to big of a factor to create a tier list at all.

However, if you are turning stages off, then we can use this MU chart.

Espio

Kokomo
Keyy! Thanks for confirming, I did say at high level this Match-Up is even but a lot of people just don't wanna hear it lol.

I actually think it's highly likely she loses to Deathstroke, I'm being conservative for now though.

The only thing I'm saying is that she doesn't beat him because if anybody wins that match up, it's him.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I actually think it's highly likely she loses to Deathstroke, I'm being conservative for now though.

The only thing I'm saying is that she doesn't beat him because if anybody wins that match up, it's him.
He wins all the bird hunting money

Okay guys so I noticed Killer Frost pretty much rapes Deathstroke if you as much as hesitate for a moment or stay in one position for more than a second. I have yet to figure something out in that MU and for the most part I'm still trying to find a way to deal with that god damn slide (seems completely safe on block)

Thanks for your findings so far even though the game hasn't been out for a month yet. Deathstroke needs to be buffed up if anything. Once the gaming community has explored other characters in this game in 6 months Deathstroke's entire will be cooked. The game's way to young still for people to be crying out about who needs nerfing. Mark my words, you can count on NRS nerfing the characters who DO NOT need to be nerfed and buffing up the characters who NEED nerfing.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
So lessons here:

1) It's way too early for matchup numbers. Some characters don't even have solid flowcharts yet, matchups tools and stups are not fully explored.

2) If you're going to post matchup opinions, back them up with detailed explanations and solid facts. Don't just say 'well everybody knows' because everyone has different opinons and experiences.

3) Right now the most helpful thing is to discuss the ins and outs of particular matchups, to evolve the knowledge; so if you make a matchup thread but scoff at people who disagree or want to further discuss the reasoning, prepare to to be roasted.

It has nothing to do with being REO or CD Jr., and everything to do with backing up premature assertions in the 1st month of a game's release.

Okay no dude. I know it's way too early to be pinning down match up charts at all, but believe me when I say Deathstroke goes at least even with the whole cast save for possibly two or three 4-6s

I feel like its almost impossible to win vs doomsday?
Does anyone got some high lvl footage of this MU?
what you gonna do when he does the fly in special move from full screen?
dash forward doesnt seem to work ?
also I cant block that?

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I feel like its almost impossible to win vs doomsday?
Does anyone got some high lvl footage of this MU?
what you gonna do when he does the fly in special move from full screen?
dash forward doesnt seem to work ?
also I cant block that?
Absorb EX d,b+2 with EX b+3 and then combo with j.3 3,2,3 f+2,3 xx d,f+3.

Shoulder ram (d,f+3) is punishable by 1,3,2 j.2 3,2,3 f+2,3 xx d,f+2.

EX shoulder ram is +6 on block and should be push backed.

Earthquake (d,f+2) has to be blocked high and then low. Practice the timing. Probably close to impossible to block the follow up low online.

j.3 is very difficult to AA. The hitbox is huge.

I am very convinced that Doomsday is the Mileena of this game. He has lots of tricks and gimmicks that you have to learn to block and punish. Once you do, the match up should not be too bad. The trait is arguably the most legitimate threat about him in this match up since he can activate it and get in for free.

Breaker

~AKUMA~
m2dave so you're saying those are possible things that DS can do against Doomsday for now right, do you feel as of now this MU stands at 2-8 because that's how it feels to me.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
m2dave so you're saying those are possible things that DS can do against Doomsday for now right, do you feel as of now this MU stands at 2-8 because that's how it feels to me.
I disagree with 8:2.

Doomsday reminds me of Mileena in terms of tricks and gimmicks. I remember when nobody knew how to block and punish roll and EX telekicks and everyone thought that she was a top five character, including me. I perceive Doomsday to be in a similar situation right now. However, when the community learns how to block earthquake, block and punish the shoulder ram, avoid the super nova, and find a way around j.3, I highly doubt Doomsday will win any match 8:2.

His gameplay is only designed in such a way that casual gamers can select the character and get instant results versus other casual gamers. At a higher level, players will learn how to deal with his shenanigans. That is why REO thinks Doomsday will become worse as time goes on.