What's new

Match-up Discussion Deathstroke Struggling??!

Breaker

~AKUMA~
Okay guys so I noticed Killer Frost pretty much rapes Deathstroke if you as much as hesitate for a moment or stay in one position for more than a second. I have yet to figure something out in that MU and for the most part I'm still trying to find a way to deal with that god damn slide (seems completely safe on block)

When it comes down to it Killer Frost has an answer for everything DS could do. I say it's 7-3 KF.

Other characters that I notice that give him somewhat of a hard time are listed below and what I feel is the current Match Up. I must add that my MU analysis is based on playing with high-level players offline/online.

Killer Frost: 7-3
-Slide's in fearlessly, can out-zone DS if possess 3 or more meters, up-close game over.

Ares: 5.5-4.5
-Counter zoner, Tele beats gun at the right timing and creates huge punish opportunities.

Green Lantern: 5-5
-Full screen DS, Mid screen GL, up-close anyone's game.

Superman: 5-5
-Anywhere on the screen these two are the most perfect match for each other, may the best man win.

Aquaman: 6-4 (Maybe even 7-3, it's win-able but really difficult)
-Parry, great zoner, can't jump at him, have to approach with extreme caution, rely on bating Aquaman all the time.

Raven: 5-5
-Raven will lose a full-screen zone war and up-close ass kicking, Mid-screen is where the game is in her favor.

Cyborg: 6-4
-Most powerful zoner in the game, forces Deathstroke to get in on him for a change, it is not easy getting in on Cyborg..at all.

WonderWoman: 6-4 (maybe 5-5 not really sure on this one)
-She get's in pretty easy on DS, once in she is a complete bitch to deal with, must zone the shit out of her and than rush her down.

DoomsDay: 6-4
-Trait is great advantage, MB can create tons of opportunities to get in or rush down, this MU will make the "pure zoners" extremely salty, must know how to rushdown with DS to win this MU

Hawkgirl: 5-5
-This one is as even as the Superman MU.

So yeah what was all the hype about Deathstroke being S+ Tier...absolutely not!! Now I can further explain and justify why I feel the way I do regarding each MU and the way it is but seems like this game has been out for less than a month and Deathstroke is already slipping to maybe #6 or #7 on the Top Ten list.

Sorry about the quick explanation but I don't want to go into a full breakdown on every single character right now, more the point of this thread was to get you guys to comment on how you feel about what I've shared and if you have any inputs (negative or positive) to add to it.

Let me know what you guys think and how you currently feel about those particular Match-Ups or feel free to include Match-Ups that I might've overlooked or haven't mentioned. Cheers!

Breaker

~AKUMA~
Lol. MU charts.
What do you mean "LOL" do you think I'm an arrogant idiot here who just randomly decided to come up with one. You have no idea how hard I have studied this, don't just undermine all my hard work because my tag name isn't REO or CDjr. Not to mention that this is good for the community, thinking Deathstroke is this unbeatable OP broken creature that this game found in it's toxic wasteland.
Not to mention I have yet to meet a Deathstroke that knows the character as well as I do and that can actually beat my Deathstroke.

Now please don't blow me up thinking I'm not angry or anything cause I noticed people think that I'm angry or pissed off everytime I respond, and that is not the case AT ALL :) :) :)

Komatose

The Prettiest
You do sound very angry and pissed off and I was going to just post "lol" again to piss you off more but since you stated your case that you are not and that is just the way you might come off to some people, I will acknowledge you as a mature and respectful person. And if REO made a MU chart, I would lol at him too. Do not feel bad. I just think it's still too early. A lot of people do.

cyke_out

Noob
The match up vs DS is easy. does the person have good mobility? Fast dashes to move between gun shot, good jump arc, good walk speed, air dashes, teleports.

I know that DS is not completely free at close range, but having someone able to get around or neutralize his gun game shuts down a lot of DS options.

Breaker

~AKUMA~
The match up vs DS is easy. does the person have good mobility? Fast dashes to move between gun shot, good jump arc, good walk speed, air dashes, teleports.

I know that DS is not completely free at close range, but having someone able to get around or neutralize his gun game shuts down a lot of DS options.
That's not the case I'm sorry dude you have yet to play a Deathstroke that is more dangerous up-close than they are at full screen.
When DS gets in its a constant guessing game, "is he gonna go low or is it overhead?" "should I block or wake-up?" "Is he gonna armor or armor-cancel?"
Deathstroke can put you in multiple guessing scenarios depending on what the set-up is, so to think "just because you get in you're gonna make it tough on Deathstroke" is the type of thinking I feed on cause I know I already won the match.

Even the characters special trait in comic books or animated movies have been, mind-games. Slade Wilson is know as one of the most dangerous because he can manipulate your thoughts and probe you with what he wants you to do.

cyke_out

Noob
That's not the case I'm sorry dude you have yet to play a Deathstroke that is more dangerous up-close than they are at full screen.
When DS gets in its a constant guessing game, "is he gonna go low or is it overhead?" "should I block or wake-up?" "Is he gonna armor or armor-cancel?"
Deathstroke can put you in multiple guessing scenarios depending on what the set-up is, so to think "just because you get in you're gonna make it tough on Deathstroke" is the type of thinking I feed on cause I know I already won the match.
I'm not debating that DS is good up-close. But when you take away a large part of his game- his gun and space control- he is not at his best. There are some character simply thrive on close range, it's their whole game, and while DS can hold his own, he is not the best.

And by looking at the match-ups you said gave him trouble, you can see the same pattern of mobility and the ability to close the distance in the majority of all the characters you picked. You even said Wonder woman gets in easy and Ares has a teleport. so you agree with my assumption.

Breaker

~AKUMA~
Yeah when you put it like that I agree. However there are still certain characters that depend on getting close to DS but still lose that battle as well, making this character to secure a spot in the Top Ten. I completely believe this to be true.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
I think Grundy beats Death Stroke.

-Fast Dashes
-Bigger Damage Output
-Defense Trait makes chip damage laughable
-Armor

Breaker

~AKUMA~
I think Grundy beats Death Stroke.

-Fast Dashes
-Bigger Damage Output
-Defense Trait makes chip damage laughable
-Armor
Yeah this is one of those that looks good on paper but in actuality plays out differently. Grundy does not beat DS regardless of how awesome he sounds on paper. Just like Bane, Grundy also gets raped by Deathstroke.

What do you mean "LOL" do you think I'm an arrogant idiot here who just randomly decided to come up with one. You have no idea how hard I have studied this, don't just undermine all my hard work because my tag name isn't REO or CDjr. Not to mention that this is good for the community, thinking Deathstroke is this unbeatable OP broken creature that this game found in it's toxic wasteland.
Not to mention I have yet to meet a Deathstroke that knows the character as well as I do and that can actually beat my Deathstroke.

Now please don't blow me up thinking I'm not angry or anything cause I noticed people think that I'm angry or pissed off everytime I respond, and that is not the case AT ALL :) :) :)
What do you play on because id LOVE to trash your DS :)

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Breaker it doesn't matter what your tag is. A mu chart or tier list at this point is going to be laughed at unless you say specifically why you think what you do.

For instance, you say Grundy gets owned by DS. Why? I haven't seen any reasons besides your opinion, which I have no way to relate to because I don't know you. If you were REO and posted what you did, your reputation still wouldn't carry you very far before being asked why you think what you do.

Personally, I'm totally disregarding mu charts and tier lists because the only thing we know for certain is that anything put out now could change drastically in a month. I think it's commendable what you're trying to do, but it's too early.

My recommendation, as I try not to criticize without offering an alternative, is to simply write up character specific setups and situations and explain how (in detail) DS avoids, prevents, or counters said situations. This requires knowledge of current tech being used by those characters at the highest level you can find.

Otherwise you're just going to have a post filled with nonsense.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Breaker

~AKUMA~
Breaker it doesn't matter what your tag is. A mu chart or tier list at this point is going to be laughed at unless you say specifically why you think what you do.

For instance, you say Grundy gets owned by DS. Why? I haven't seen any reasons besides your opinion, which I have no way to relate to because I don't know you. If you were REO and posted what you did, your reputation still wouldn't carry you very far before being asked why you think what you do.

Personally, I'm totally disregarding mu charts and tier lists because the only thing we know for certain is that anything put out now could change drastically in a month. I think it's commendable what you're trying to do, but it's too early.

My recommendation, as I try not to criticize without offering an alternative, is to simply write up character specific setups and situations and explain how (in detail) DS avoids, prevents, or counters said situations. This requires knowledge of current tech being used by those characters at the highest level you can find.

Otherwise you're just going to have a post filled with nonsense.

Yeahhh and your not bias because......

This if for Deathstroke MAINS btw in case you haven't noticed so anything I expect them to know more than half the things that I mentioned in this thread, ask any Deathstroke main why DS rapes grundy and they will tell you. So I don't need to explain it to them.

anywho my thread is for those who understand it I never made this thread for the intention of educating all of TYM or Injustice players of the world, relax there bud. I really don't give a penny what you think of me or my "reputation" and quite frankly I find that attitude immature, naive and pathetic, no offence bro this is also just my opinion and how I feel.

Breaker

~AKUMA~
Damn I only have in on 360 so far. Id like to mirror match ya though maybe ill buy it

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
Why not if you can. So you main DS I'm assuming. If so I don't see how you plan on trashing me if your strategy is to stay full screen and shoot guns. If that's not your strategy than you must see why I say DS will slaughter majority of the cast up-close as well lmao

Breaker

~AKUMA~
...I was just trying to help. I don't really get why you're so aggressive.

I mean no disrespect, that's just how I talk. I'm really sorry if I offended you, that was not my intention.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
I mean no disrespect, that's just how I talk. I'm really sorry if I offended you, that was not my intention.
I'm not offended. I'm a big boy and this is an internet forum :)

I didn't think my original post warranted the response you have it. Seemed like a bit of an overreaction. All I was trying to do was explain why people may dismiss what you say or argue with you. Just wanted to save you some time and diffuse any of that before it happened.

Breaker

~AKUMA~
I'm not offended. I'm a big boy and this is an internet forum :)
Internet or not we're still two human being interacting and subconsciously expect the other person to acknowledge that, so it is completely normal to feel offended regardless of age or what form of communication it is :)

Back on the subject, I can guarantee that Killer Frost destroys Deathstroke and I'd like to hear why she DOESN'T if they feel otherwise. Those other MU I mentioned are the only ones that are either pretty equal or maybe a slight disadvantage for DS.

Breaker

~AKUMA~
Lmao

And are u seriously question frost slide safe? This has been overly discussed that it is
Do you actually have anything useful to say be it negative or positive, at least make it useful.
You sound like you know more about Deathstoke than I could've ever figured out you mind sharing some? or did you come here to troll and to remain completely useless.