What's new

Dealing With the Runaway Problem, and Growing Our Sport

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Am I the only European player to have crossed the pond and made a good impression on the guys I met?

(Plenty of US players still hate me but they're mostly overweight virgins and will continue to be so for a long, long time)
were europeans

americans lust for our juicy sexiness

Flagg

Noob
zaf A F0xy Grampa

Take it to pm. 10 bucks says your issue gets resolved within 3 posts.

This is exactly what I am talking about.

Instead of this eye rolling moronic bitchery (because lets face it...the argument is fucking stupid) take it to PM and deal with it there. Then, pride is eliminated and a serious discussion can be had.
You're mostly right about people probably resolving issues within 2 or 3 posts. The problem with forums is that people like an audience when they are "calling someone out", because its an attempt to drag others onto a bandwagon. It's just a form of bear baiting and no different than watching something like Jerry Springer or Jeremy Kyle.

16 Bit clearly has an issue with any other Kitana players getting near his level, so im sure that community wont miss him.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Another message from Clawed:

I can't control what people think of 16 bit , myself, or anyone else for that matter. I think the whole thing is ridiculous and because of the way it was presented 16 bit is being crucified for it and myself. I got a LOT of shit for it, people demanding I be banned, etc. Also there are other adverse affects which I won't go into here but the point is there are members of this community who want NOTHING more than to see people brought down. I can understand why people like CD jr, pig or whoever it is.. don't want to be a part of this online community anymore.
This is a problem that, unfortunately, exists not only in this community, but everywhere else in life, too. :/

It's fucking stupid, and I don't think anyone would ever deny that but the people who said it.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Pros Vs Casuals : The pros pay their dues by travelling all over the country/North America. They play what is considered the absolute highest competition. Casuals play over 5000 matches a year, but their experience is deemed inferior to those that play the top level players. Opinons of the casuals are often scrutinized/ rebuked.
I don't want to just harp on this; but I still don't understand how playing 5000 pickup games a year allows you to tell Kobe Bryant that he's wrong about how to win basketball games.

I think it's people's fixation with wanting to feel like their experience is equivalent.. But to be honest, regardless of how good your theory is, there are just some things you don't learn until you try them consistently at a high level and see what happens.

Like I said before, it's ok to disagree -- but anyone who thinks their litany of online casuals is enough to tell a bunch of top players that they're wrong about things that are winning them matches vs. other top players, is part of the problem imo rather than the solution.

Like coolwhip said, experienced opinions add value to the site; and if people can't accept their theories as theories and have to constantly tell every great player who shares information that they're 100% wrong, no one at that level is going to want to stick around and share info.

"I have a theory that you might be wrong.. But I don't have the high level experience to back it up. Just a theory"

is different from:

"You're totally wrong and you're going to get blown up for using that.. And I'll argue with you to the death even though I have no high-level evidence/experience to back it up".

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
The issue at hand is far more oftem the reverse tho crimson. There are far more instances of top players bashing those that have not gone to tournamemts than the other way around. I hardly ever see any casual player saying the particular things that pros are doing when winning do not work...i far more often see casuals defending their ability to play when higher ups tell them they would get blown up if they played the highest rep of a character or higher level players.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
The issue at hand is far more oftem the reverse tho crimson. There are for more nstances of top players bashing those that have not gone to tournamemts than the other way around. I hardly ever see any casual player saying the particular things that pros are doing when winning do not work...i far more often see casuals defending their ability to play when higher ups tell them they would get blown up if theyplayed the highest rep of a character or higher level players.
I hear you.. But I just think it's ludicrous for someone who's never made a top8 in a decent tournament w/ Scorpion to tell Slips that the way he's playing a character is completely wrong, etc. It's cool to have theories, but people need to draw the line before you go blowing someone up that consistently accomplishes what no one else has been able to do.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinions; but the way you express them can make the difference in whether people feel it's worthwhile to stick around and share info.