What's new

Deadshot = Deathstroke 2.0

Was Deadshot balanced properly?

• Total voters

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
We'll see how he plays in the coming weeks.

I personally think he'll be quite strong still because he still has his 50/50s and the rifle was untouched and even made clashable. His MB knee is still safe too.

Trick shot may end up being what is used more for optimal meterbuild in neutral now as well.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You

I personally think he'll be quite strong still because he still has his 50/50s and the rifle was untouched and even made clashable. His MB knee is still safe too.

Trick shot may end up being what is used more for optimal meterbuild in neutral now as well.
Even made clashable? how is that a plus? unless you're not listing it as a plus and it was just poor wording.

navaroNe

Nobody's afraid of Bruce Wayne
they should have left the meter build like it was but overall sacrifices must be made to prolong the longevity of the game and I think the Deadshot nerfs will help bring in more players and viewers to the game and less people complaining about watching a first person shooter instead of a fighting game and such.

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
Deadshot - Increased combo damage scaling on Assassin Knee

wow rly nrs rly ? destroying his zoning was not enough so they make sure to nerf his combo dmg in corner too .

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way

Sure, do trick shot, give them another free dash

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
TYM and the Theory Fighting here is ridiculous. Half of you don't even play him, and half again don't even understand the matchup. NRS should stop releasing patch notes, and just award them as tourney prizes, ffs.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Even made clashable? how is that a plus? unless you're not listing it as a plus and it was just poor wording.
It is and it isn't. Because if you force them to clash while you have the meter lead then they take extra damage. At the same time it can be used to make them clash at the cost of a possible comeback factor.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
btw dave what do you think about red hood changes ?
Red Hood will no longer be top 5, but he should remain viable.

I can't think of a more ringing endorsement that we did the right thing than having Dave freak out over it. :cool:
I do not travel and have less than 50 total games with Deadshot. I have no reason to freak out. The reality is that you advertised Deadshot as a zoning character for months on stream only to obliterate the zoning in this patch, which ought to be criticized universally by all objective players in this community. This patch is reminiscent of Injustice 1 and Mortal Kombat X in which some top tier characters are over-normalized while some high mid tier characters are over-buffed in typical, reactionary NRS fashion. This patch purely agenda driven.

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
What execution ? Match starts f2 db2 , go fullscreen and spam df1,activate trait,spam more. Mix in some orbs and mb them if you feel they will jump over it. They came close ? f2 db2 or b2 anit air them if they jump into simple 11 f2 db2 combo . Here is your fate execution lmao .

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
What execution ? Match starts f2 db2 , go fullscreen and spam df1,activate trait,spam more. Mix in some orbs and mb them if you feel they will jump over it. They came close ? f2 db2 or b2 anit air them if they jump into simple 11 f2 db2 combo . Here is your fate execution lmao .
Listen. I understand youre salty about Deadshot changes. But like...chill.

Man I know you're hurting from these Deadshot nerfs but don't tell me that you watch someone like Bdon play Fate and aren't impressed with some of the shenanigans he pulls off and PLEASE don't tell me you think Deadshot has a higher execution level.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
Man I know you're hurting from these Deadshot nerfs but don't tell me that you watch someone like Bdon play Fate and aren't impressed with some of the shenanigans he pulls off and PLEASE don't tell me you think Deadshot has a higher execution level.
Wait for it....

Deadshot - Increased combo damage scaling on Assassin Knee

wow rly nrs rly ? destroying his zoning was not enough so they make sure to nerf his combo dmg in corner too .
That was a big smh moment for me too :(

It’s clear they don’t want him in top 8s doing mirrors again and I respect that. They did what they felt they had to do. Similar to the aqua man situation. Moving on...

Only we'll still see Aquaman in Top 8s as long as dragon exists lol. No one's gonna stick with Deadshot at that level when Fate exists.
its nice for me cuz darkseid beats fate but lost to deadshot. never have to deal with the zoning again err atleast as much. (im looking at you supergirl)

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
It is and it isn't. Because if you force them to clash while you have the meter lead then they take extra damage. At the same time it can be used to make them clash at the cost of a possible comeback factor.
Thinking about it, MB rifle's biggest perk is the pushback, right? Clash would still give you that, plus you don't have to worry about a clash close up. That is interesting

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Or just hit a button that's faster than 9 frames. F2 is a good tool to just throw out but let's not make it out to be Superman F2.
I like to start my matches with B1 xx DB2 because B1 has a good hit box in its own right and if they neutral jump anticipating a F2, you won’t really suffer any consequences whiffing a B1 while they neutral jump.

trufenix

bye felicia
damn, balanced properly poll before the larger half of the community even has the patch. Definitely going to be based on science and match up experience.