What's new

Deadshot = Deathstroke 2.0

Was Deadshot balanced properly?

• Total voters

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Man, a lot of you guys are straight clowns. First you bitch because you find him OP and then you bitch because you think he was over nerfed. Make up your damn minds.
There is a compromise between what Deadshot is right now and what he has become. This comprise is called balancing the character instead of leaving him the same or over-normalizing him, but NRS had no interest in this process.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
There is a compromise between what Deadshot is right now and what he has become. This comprise is called balancing the character instead of leaving him the same or over-normalizing him, but NRS had no interest in this process.
Show your work.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
I have 0 bias or emotion because IDC about any DC characters, I'm just playing the game for what it is, and what Deadshot is after the patch, is a punching bag.

The only way he wins currently is through a chip war of attrition, his damage is too low to keep up and his frames are all bad. His design was stupid, and thats what is his biggest issue, it either makes him really good or really bad. He's now just bad.

It doesnt really change anything in terms of how the meta works either.
Batman/CW and Supergirl will all still be dumb as a rock.
Deadshot gets nerfed so badly that fate gets buffed indirectly into being the best zoner in the game, and he will be just as, if not more oppressive than Deadshot was. He just isnt played like that yet, wait and you'll see.
You most definitely do have bias. I see your personal outcomes influence your opinions all the time, you were much more critical of Lao's flaws than anyone else in the competitive scene and then Mileena too but only after you picked her up, and much more generous about the strength of other people's characters in your scene like Sub-Zero, simply because you played Madzin all the time. Don't think that because you got results behind you that your opinions are above being looked at critically, there's other players at your level who don't share your opinions on things, so it's ridiculous and impossible to think people should just have to accept opinions just because they are from high level players - you are all human and capable of being wrong and there's also plenty of bias at high level, and not a single one of you would ever admit any bias so giving yourself the all clear doesn't exactly mean anything.

Parasurama

Dragon
What is silly is that they first nerfed his mixes and some buttons, not wanting to nerf the zoning and then they nerfed his zoning but not changing his mix/stagger game.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Honestly, I feel that they should return his meter gain back to the way it was but keep the recovery if they plan on changing him again.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
In all seriousness, he was probably deliberately tanked. Him being as effective as he was was detrimental to the game, and, more specifically, viewership of the game.

Nobody at a casual level wants to put up with what he was while playing, and he was hype poison on stream. The game was just about unwatchable with him having such strong representation early on.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
In all seriousness, he was probably deliberately tanked. Him being as effective as he was was detrimental to the game, and, more specifically, viewership of the game.

Nobody at a casual level wants to put up with what he was while playing, and he was hype poison on stream. The game was just about unwatchable with him having such strong representation early on.
sorry but this sort of justification is unacceptable for him being nerfed as hard as he was. idc if you feel he was boring to watch, at least he worked and did what he was supposed to do. now as it stands he does nothing good really. he's got good mix but thats about it, everything else about him is meh now. so yeah, he shouldnt be left as is.

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
Yeah ,also they could think when they designed him that the way he is designed will be "boring" to watch and make him differently .

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
sorry but this sort of justification is unacceptable for him being nerfed as hard as he was. idc if you feel he was boring to watch, at least he worked and did what he was supposed to do. now as it stands he does nothing good really. he's got good mix but thats about it, everything else about him is meh now. so yeah, he shouldnt be left as is.
It's just a theory. Still, if I was in charge, I 100% would have killed him if I was NRS, and if it were true, It's not a justification; it's a business decision.

A single characters competitive play potential isn't worth the damage he was doing to the game. He was turning people off of the game, both as players and as viewers. They made this huge push to try and spotlight the competitive scene with IJ2, and viewership just isn't as strong as MKX. That's not all DS fault, but DS crawling all over top 8's sure wasn't helping me stay interested. I've been a pretty rabid FG viewer over the past two or three years, and he made for some of the most painfully, uninteresting and strait up frustrating viewing in the entirety of FG streaming.

There is a show being put on, and DS has zero star power or screen presence. Contrast that to Dr. Fate who is actually fun to watch, and start thinking who is better of being in the top 10 (all other things being equal) if you are trying to promote viewership and long term interest in the game.

Does that mean they couldn't try to normalize him a bit more if he was bottom 1? No. But if his core design demands he be really really good or really really bad, then I don't think the game or scene is improved by buffing him. I understand that's a radical viewpoint, but it's where I'm at.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
It's just a theory. Still, if I was in charge, I 100% would have killed him if I was NRS, and if it were true, It's not a justification; it's a business decision.

A single characters competitive play potential isn't worth the damage he was doing to the game. He was turning people off of the game, both as players and as viewers. They made this huge push to try and spotlight the competitive scene with IJ2, and viewership just isn't as strong as MKX. That's not all DS fault, but DS crawling all over top 8's sure wasn't helping me stay interested. I've been a pretty rabid FG viewer over the past two or three years, and he made for some of the most painfully, uninteresting and strait up frustrating viewing in the entirety of FG streaming.

There is a show being put on, and DS has zero star power or screen presence. Contrast that to Dr. Fate who is actually fun to watch, and start thinking who is better of being in the top 10 (all other things being equal) if you are trying to promote viewership and long term interest in the game.

Does that mean they couldn't try to normalize him a bit more if he was bottom 1? No. But if his core design demands he be really really good or really really bad, then I don't think the game or scene is improved by buffing him. I understand that's a radical viewpoint, but it's where I'm at.
if i was in charge i wouldnt have cared how many people complained about his play style, would have kept him relatively the same, giving him a much lighter nerf than what was done. I wouldnt cave in to money or the legions of players crying about him.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
if i was in charge i wouldnt have cared how many people complained about his play style, would have kept him relatively the same, giving him a much lighter nerf than what was done. I wouldnt cave in to money or the legions of players crying about him.
You're painting it like it is some sort of moral fail. Normally I'm on board with questioning business decisions at the expense of something or someone else, I'm not sure shuffling the tier placement of character in a VG is a symptom of some sort of moral cave in. If you see it see it differently, then I guess I can respect that well enough.

Kotal_Wannabe

AKA AndyPandy
I wouldnt cave in to money or the legions of players crying about him.
You would if your market value, share holders, future credibility & personal bonus depended on it. I do understand your point though, deadshot nerfs were total overkill, but NRS are a money making company. They'll happily shutdown/nerf or buff a character if it means profit. I don't blame them, I just dislike what business does to communities.