What's new

Deadshot = Deathstroke 2.0

Was Deadshot balanced properly?

• Total voters
So DS was keeping you from playing Fate?
Part of the reason. Had real issues with input errors but somewhat fixed that. And I am a character loyalist. There are too many great players that would only need a two day old deadshot to beat fate. It was that bad. Look what white boy did to bdon.

I don’t have the time to travel to all the early events and don’t really want to. The game is so new and a bit random until you flesh out all the match ups and are prepared. Some of these young guys and sponsored guys can do it bc of time and where responsibilities reside. For me, don’t want to waste my time until I have a full understanding of the game and nothing surprises me. Fortunately online can give you that level of preparedness these days.

I hv enough exp to keep tournament nerves in check. Most young guys that are good online struggle offline for this very reason

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
Part of the reason. Had real issues with input errors but somewhat fixed that. And I am a character loyalist. There are too many great players that would only need a two day old deadshot to beat fate. It was that bad. Look what white boy did to bdon.

I don’t have the time to travel to all the early events and don’t really want to. The game is so new and a bit random until you flesh out all the match ups and are prepared. Some of these young guys and sponsored guys can do it bc of time and where responsibilities reside. For me, don’t want to waste my time until I have a full understanding of the game and nothing surprises me. Fortunately online can give you that level of preparedness these days.

I hv enough exp to keep tournament nerves in check. Most young guys that are good online struggle offline for this very reason
DS was keeping me apprehensive about picking up Fate, I've loved his design every since his trailer pre-launch. He's the only character I actually think is cool af in this game. I'm gonna go learn some Fate as soon as I get home, I've not been this buzzed for Injustice for months.

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
Deadshot players act like their character is useless now, while us joker players are celebrating over a 21 frame overhead and a semi invincible wake up LMAO. Why did I even bother to come back on this website.

@PLAYING TO WIN exactly. Deadshot was the only thing holding Fate back, Dr Fate still has the opportunity to outplay his other harder MUs(even though there’s very few)
@PLAYING TO WIN exactly. Deadshot was the only thing holding Fate back, Dr Fate still has the opportunity to outplay his other harder MUs(even though there’s very few)
Beetle, cheetah, supergirl, superman and Maybe black Adam. Of those cheetah is prob only 7-3

Deadshot players act like their character is useless now, while us joker players are celebrating over a 21 frame overhead and a semi invincible wake up LMAO. Why did I even bother to come back on this website.
Clearly you don’t know the power of even a slow overhead as long as u have a fast low or Other way around. Darkseid OH is very slow but insta stomp is fast enough to make flash go wtf was that. As long as one option is fast it doesn’t matter the other is slow. You can prey on fuzzy guarding.

Not to mention joker may have mkx sub zero pressure in the corner.

Either you dont understand what I said, or you do and you are downplaying.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
I think he's going to be pretty solid, though I did vote they balanced him poorly. Mid tier easily.

From a purely tournament perspective, maybe he is "dead", because most likely some of the other zoners will just do what he does a little bit better.. but for almost everyone else, he's going to be thoroughly playable.. He's just not an I Win button vs some characters.

Foxy mentioned it earlier in saying his design was bad. I agree. I also agree with Crazy when he said he was cancer to the game.. he was. He was single-handedly responsible for who knows how many people quitting the game entirely or never trying it to begin with, and we can be elitist about it and scream GIT GUD at the wall all we want, but that is still extremely bad design. It sucks for DS players, but I do think, if you genuinely played the character because you LIKED the character and not because he was a win button, after some adjustment to how he's played, he will do just fine. I dont like to say this, but it means DS players have to deal with the game most of the rest of us have been playing this whole time, ie meter management, some bad MUs, MU specific playstyles etc. I know that statement will piss off some DS players and Im sorry - I dont mean it in a snotty, pissy HAHAHA kinda way at all, but it is true. All I personally wanted to see happen to DS was a large meter gain nerf.

I feel like if they intended to nerf WC like they did, and in an all around health-of-the-game sense, it was a smart nerf (just probably not the correct one), it should have been accompanied by a small damage buff to his combos.. Very small, but something.

But honestly though, he still has absolutely everything else he's always had, and WC isn't some ultra slow and unusable garbage.

Man Deadshot was boring to play boring to play against and boring to watch. I'll take Dr Fate all day. Bdon games actually kicked ass to watch and he had some crazy execution and set ups. I'll take that all day over pew pew man.

I also think Dr Fate requires more skill and has more options for counter play.

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
Clearly you don’t know the power of even a slow overhead as long as u have a fast low or Other way around. Darkseid OH is very slow but insta stomp is fast enough to make flash go wtf was that. As long as one option is fast it doesn’t matter the other is slow. You can prey on fuzzy guarding.

Not to mention joker may have mkx sub zero pressure in the corner.

Either you dont understand what I said, or you do and you are downplaying.
I'm not downplaying and I do understand what we got which is why I said we are rejoicing. I'm just laughing at how deadshot players need to work a little bit more and it's the end of the world to them. They don't know what a struggle is.
I thought they said it was fully invincible.
No they said almost full invincible.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
I dont like to say this, but it means DS players have to deal with the game most of the rest of us have been playing this whole time, ie meter management, some bad MUs, MU specific playstyles etc. I
His entire game was already around meter management, it still couldve been to a degree if they didnt nerf WC, but that kills him imo.

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
I can't think of a more ringing endorsement that we did the right thing than having Dave freak out over it. :cool:
Destroying a character is right thing ? Meter build nerf and chip dmg on low rifle or pushback would be enough to make him fair but he still would be PLAYABLE . Now he will be trash and no one will use him . At least buff his combo dmg or give him something upclose to play with .

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
His entire game was already around meter management, it still couldve been to a degree if they didnt nerf WC, but that kills him imo.
Like I said, for YOU, tournament players, yeah. I worry he's dead a s doornail. I just dont think he's entirely killed to death for most others is all. Weaker absolutely, just not dead. Tournament consideration is significantly different than every day play consideration is what I mean I guess.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
If this is the direction they wanna go with Deadshot and make it to where he can’t win from pure zoning..... (cant believe I’m about to say it) they may as well buff his up close game and make him a legitimate hybrid character because he’s no longer a hard zoner. Even if it’s Deafshot I’d hate to see him completely die

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
Like I said, for YOU, tournament players, yeah. I worry he's dead a s doornail. I just dont think he's entirely killed to death for most others is all. Weaker absolutely, just not dead. Tournament consideration is significantly different than every day play consideration is what I mean I guess.
I mean, we heard the changes, but have they been implemented and experimented on? Everyone is complaining and they haven't even thoroughly seen what it's done to the character yet. They literally said a bit more recovery on wc and he builds a bit less meter. He built an insane amount of meter to begin with. Nobody knows the extend of the meter build nerf. For example, they were clear with how much they nerfed batmans batarangs. That was a big nerf and they said it. They said deadshot builds a little less now, not half as much.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
I'm not downplaying and I do understand what we got which is why I said we are rejoicing. I'm just laughing at how deadshot players need to work a little bit more and it's the end of the world to them. They don't know what a struggle is.

No they said almost full invincible.
Reo tested it, it's effectively fully invincible.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
I mean, we heard the changes, but have they been implemented and experimented on? Everyone is complaining and they haven't even thoroughly seen what it's done to the character yet. They literally said a bit more recovery on wc and he builds a bit less meter. He built an insane amount of meter to begin with. Nobody knows the extend of the meter build nerf. For example, they were clear with how much they nerfed batmans batarangs. That was a big nerf and they said it. They said deadshot builds a little less now, not half as much.
Also we do know the extent of the changes, Xbox has the patch. He got neutered to high hell.

Levaranoia

War God
Man, a lot of you guys are straight clowns. First you bitch because you find him OP and then you bitch because you think he was over nerfed. Make up your damn minds.

Reactions: JDE