What's new

DBF input in MK11

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
Yeah that's the thing tho, ppl who are used to command grab inputs being 360 or fdb find it difficult to execute dbf motion because it goes against their muscle memory. command grabs have always had a fluid single direction motion, but as usual, NRS find it necessary to be innovative in basic universal stuff when they don't really have to.

It's stuff like this is why Anton Yelchin died an agonizing death.
Just... make new muscle memory? Do you expect to pick up a character and immediately be able to perform all their optimal combos, or play them in the right way? This isn't that different.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I've always felt D, B, F or F, B, D or full circle, half circle moves etc were always dumb and annoying af no matter the game be it MK, SF or whatever. I even miss Scorp's B, B, punch for his spear. I understand why they made it B, F for Injustice cause Back is block but not a fan of the change kept in MK.

Darth-Nero

Come Thunder! Come Lightning!
Just... make new muscle memory? Do you expect to pick up a character and immediately be able to perform all their optimal combos, or play them in the right way? This isn't that different.
Yeah but why tho? why throw years of muscle memory out of the window and invent a different way to do the exact same shit ppl being doing since the beginning of time?

It's just like when Fiat Chrysler manufactured cars, between 2014 and 2015, installed with this new shifter which returns to a set position no matter what gear it is in. The result is that it caused countless of accidents, including Anton Yelchin death, because it went against the drivers muscle memory developed over countless of years and made them mistakenly keep shifting to neutral when they thought they were shifting to park.

That is called misplaced innovation. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. If ppl being doing it one way all their lives, don't force them to do it in a different way just for the sake of being original. If you bring something new to the table, that's fine, you get to decide how it's done. But command grabs are nothing new, there is no reason to make their input that bizarre just cuz you can.

FBF (or BFB) inputs should also go. Or if they intend to keep those in (like, say, for Liu's bycicle kicks) - at least make the game properly recognize the initial directional tap followed by a half-circle.

I would personally prefer if the game completely adopted quarter and half-circles, however

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
Yeah but why tho? why throw years of muscle memory out of the window and invent a different way to do the exact same shit ppl being doing since the beginning of time?

It's just like when Fiat Chrysler manufactured cars, between 2014 and 2015, installed with this new shifter which returns to a set position no matter what gear it is in. The result is that it caused countless of accidents, including Anton Yelchin death, because it went against the drivers muscle memory developed over countless of years and made them mistakenly keep shifting to neutral when they thought they were shifting to park.

That is called misplaced innovation. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. If ppl being doing it one way all their lives, don't force them to do it in a different way just for the sake of being original. If you bring something new to the table, that's fine, you get to decide how it's done. But command grabs are nothing new, there is no reason to make their input that bizarre just cuz you can.
A bit of an overdramatic analogy for a button input in a video game. It's not throwing anything out the window, its just different muscle memory. It's also literally the exact same input as an instant air special. Should ia specials just be performed with a 'normal' input then? Lets make cancels just a different input!

Its just not that hard an input, if you spent 5 minutes in the lab you'd have it.

it really feels like a stick or hitbox command and i would probably would enjoy that but on a pad its trash even more on ps4 . and if you do it too quick only the db will come out ,,,

Are the typical DBF input moves in MK11? I´ve heard that they will dissapear.... is that true? Will it be helpful for grappler char players?
What do you think?
jesus... just make special moves one button. how far can we tilt the damn table for casuals? i never saw white boi or bio miss command grabs. i realize you are asking a question but i hope to god this isn't true

@General M2Dave

chrisofrays

Fish can hear you thinkin just before you sneeze
jesus... just make special moves one button. how far can we tilt the damn table for casuals? i never saw white boi or bio miss command grabs. i realize you are asking a question but i hope to god this isn't true

@General M2Dave
Maybe Fatal blows should just be done with the shoulder buttons? :p

How about all fighting games revert to the original street fighter arcade controlls where it was part fighting game part whack a mole because any change making things easier can only be catering to the filthy casuals and in no way could a change be about fine tuning controlls to some thing that works better.

@DaigoUmehara

DBFs took a little getting used to but once you put in the practice and time, it wasn't that bad.

Same way with King's Giant Swing in Tekken which is a forward and halfcircle forward motion. It's cumbersome at first sure but you put enough practice with it and you can do 12 Giant Swing with ease.

Same way with d1 Bear Hug for Ferra/Torr or Goro's Shokan Grab being used as a combo ender

Oh god what's Raven's throw in Tag 2, it has a goofy notation for it.

I'm gonna go look it up...

Edit: Aw I must have confused it for something else, Undertaker is HCB f12. I could have sworn theres a grab in Tekken thats a full circle.

Now Ivy's Summon Suffering and Calamity Symphony grab notation, that's a weird one: df, ub, f, d, df, db Grab or df, ub, b, f , uf, db, f Grab

Also do them Fast for Extra Damage, lol.

Last edited: