What's new

DBF input in MK11

Killusion

Stream addict
I have weird consistency issues with this input. I can do it 100% with stick and like 10% of the time with pad. Won't miss it if it's gone for sure.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
I believe that motion has been removed from MKX. Geras' command grab was simply B,F+2, I believe.

I would imagine that will be the case across the board. I never minded the D,B,F motions because there are a ton of special throws and moves in Tekken that have used that motion for years.

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
This is my least favorite input. So much that I generally avoid characters that have these moves.
Agreed. My second least favorite inputs are instant-air bf motions. I have no issues with IA db/df for whatever reason, but bf? I'm probably lucky to hit them 50% of the time.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
I think this input is gone now. It's the worst kind of input too as when you MB anything you might end up with a different inputs or motion all together. Dare I say it was buggy?

Besides if NRS wanted the cmd input to be so... Whatever they thought of it. Why not just put Geese's raging Storm pretzel motion instead for God's sake.

Hated that input with a passion. Still do.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Haven't seen enough moves to know if there's none whatsoever with the DBF input, but I think the frustrating thing about inputs of this nature is that the characters that usually have them, have plenty of other input vacancy to map them to. It's like NRS even conceded this when they made Sun God Kotal's command grab just a DB input in MKX.

Another example is Liu Kang's Bicycle Kick/Windmill Punch, why is the input FBF4 when BF4 isn't already occupied?

Granted, compared to some command grab inputs in other fighting games, DBF is still a pretty generous one, any 'unusual' input will take time to train yourself to get used to.

Haven't seen enough moves to know if there's none whatsoever with the DBF input, but I think the frustrating thing about inputs of this nature is that the characters that usually have them, have plenty of other input vacancy to map them to. It's like NRS even conceded this when they made Sun God Kotal's command grab just a DB input in MKX.

Another example is Liu Kang's Bicycle Kick/Windmill Punch, why is the input FBF4 when BF4 isn't already occupied?

Granted, compared to some command grab inputs in other fighting games, DBF is still a pretty generous one, any 'unusual' input will take time to train yourself to get used to.
Can't we make all command grabs one button like grundys? pls

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
Do u play on ps4? Have u tried changing the L3 button to R3? Its waaay easier to do ia bf moves with that
Wait, you're suggesting using the right stick to jump? That's actually pretty ingenious lol. I am on PS4, but unfortunately I use a Hori fighting commander. That's still badass though, I'll definitely try it on a DS4 for shits and gigs.

• A lot players stay away from NRS grapplers because they find the inputs hard to execute. I am used because of MKX Kano Commando, Ferra Tor and Jason (my mains)
  • I am down for a BF. DB. DF command grab inputs. One thing I am sure: tick throws would be much easier to execute.

RyuKazuya

Jesus is my Lord and Savior!
Well of course it is a matter of opinion but I have to say I never had any problems with that input. Good grief it is really not as hard as people are claiming it to be. Ever tried pretzel motions? Nodody complained about that. Or check out ranbu motions in kof. I think complaining about easy stuff like this is the reason MK barely takes any execution.

Yoaks

A spaceman
Well of course it is a matter of opinion but I have to say I never had any problems with that input. Good grief it is really not as hard as people are claiming it to be. Ever tried pretzel motions? Nodody complained about that. Or check out ranbu motions in kof. I think complaining about easy stuff like this is the reason MK barely takes any execution.
The motion itself never bothered me either. But like my post above. Using a certain normal like b1 into dbf can be tricky/annoying.

DoDaMuSiC

Ermac ftw
Wait, you're suggesting using the right stick to jump?
Exactly, i started to use it to do shinnok’s ia teleport, just had to press up twice in the right analog and down on the directional in between.
When i picked up Liu i tried to do his iafb normally and could do like 2/10 times and not that instantly. With that trick i get about 9/10 times

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
Exactly, i started to use it to do shinnok’s ia teleport, just had to press up twice in the right analog and down on the directional in between.
When i picked up Liu i tried to do his iafb normally and could do like 2/10 times and not that instantly. With that trick i get about 9/10 times
That's fuckin awesome, I never would have thought to use that but it makes a lot of sense. Thanks dude!

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
It may be unnecessary, sure, my execution is not that great but with enough practice I didn’t have trouble playing Bane (other than the many problems that playing Bane brings outside of grabs) or using a DBF motion in almost every single combo as Sub in I2. Its no different than learning the run cancel characters in MKX, just lots of practice

Afk Skinny

3D Krusader
It's just the way NRS does it for some reason. Idk what it is, but i don't have any problems with Potemkins over drive, or Giefs SPD. But I can only get nrs' command grabs half the time. I'd be happy if they changed the input to a half circle

hope so ..... it's crap feature ..... waiting for more simple and direct inputs to come out
The holy grail of fighting game control schemes: One, bulbous, neon-illuminated, Dragon's Lair arcade cabinet styled button, comprising all of a given game's required inputs -- all actions as on-screen button prompts -- QTE specials, supers, finishers... and all hit-sparks replaced with cupcakes, daisies and pacifiers.

I picked up MKX recently. When trying Kano and Jason I honestly thought I was doing something wrong. I've been playing fighting games since 1992 and I don't recall ever having issues with simple special move execution. Glad it turns out that the input is just stupid and I'm not the only one who thinks so.

Like @Afk Skinny said above, just change it to a half circle ffs.