What's new

DBF input in MK11

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
I don't think they'll disappear. At least I've heard nothing about their removal, and see no reason why NRS would remove them. That being said, hopefully one grappler will have a db/df command grab like Kotal in MKX. I have trouble ticking into dbf lol.

Edit: Well apparently Geras is that character lol

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
With the addition of enhanced moves requiring another input instead of just R2 then it would make a lot of sense if they take out DBF inputs.

Imagine having to do like DBF then another quick D1 just to enhance a move that would be a bit ridiculous.

Krankk

Smoke & Noob & Rain
I think Ketchup and Mustard stated that none of the characters in the event reveal build had DBF motions. Now that doesn't necessarily mean that no other character will have that horrible motion either, but at the same time it could be the case.
Geras' Command Grab doesn't have that input motion and I remember Scarecrow and Sub-Zero having that motion for their Command Grabs. Was there any other character in MKX / Injustice 2, who had a Command Grab without a DBF motion?

I think Ketchup and Mustard stated that none of the characters in the event reveal build had DBF motions. Now that doesn't necessarily mean that no other character will have that horrible motion either, but at the same time it could be the case.
Geras' Command Grab doesn't have that input motion and I remember Scarecrow and Sub-Zero having that motion for their Command Grabs. Was there any other character in MKX / Injustice 2, who had a Command Grab without a DBF motion?
Kotal Kahn has a command grab that uses qcb and Swamp Thing has a qcf, but I can’t recall any others.

trufenix

bye felicia
Was there any other character in MKX / Injustice 2, who had a Command Grab without a DBF motion?
Sun God Kotal in MKX, Commando if you count the Choke. Everyone else (including Commando) had DBFs. I2 had a lot of "hit" grabs with df/db inputs, but it also had dbfs.

Everyone has forgotten but that input was also used for Shang’s Soul Steal in MK9 (dbf 3), when he comes back, I hope it is something more convenient this time around)

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
If you do DBF input in combo it´s easier because you can buff it in the middle of the inputs, but if you block and then you want to use it as a punisher it´s so hard.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
I've never understood why DBF inputs are so hard in MK games. I can do Giant Swings and Muscle Busters just fine in Tekken, but I have a difficult time consistently doing DBFs in MK.

Actually, I'm fairly certain that Shang's Soul Steal move was FDB 3 which was WAY easier than DBF.
Not really. Shang Tsung's Soul Steal in MK9 was fdb3, way easier.
You’re right actually. That input was fine, I’d take HCB over DBF any day.
Oh yeah. You Guys are correct, I just remembered it wrong because I used to fail to execute fdb3 consistently even though it is much easier)))

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
I've never understood why DBF inputs are so hard in MK games. I can do Giant Swings and Muscle Busters just fine in Tekken, but I have a difficult time consistently doing DBFs in MK.
Because with a DBF, you have 3 spots that can get messed up vs. literally any other game where it's just the one motion. Pad's aren't going to help that any more, with the B in your DBF possibly getting read as UB.

JDM

Noob
yea its a very very annoying input. I stopped practicing MKX for awhile and when I went back to it late last year I barely could do the input anymore lol.