What's new

DARKSEID LEAKED for Injustice 2 via Playstation Store

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Im not sure I completely follow your back and forth here... but I will insert that shinnok was 100% not a completed character on release.

Also, what is with the superman in this pre order image? Almost looks like bizarro
Bizzarro Superman could be a gear-thing.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
I buy a lot of games every year. This is a recipe for disaster. So many games come out unlike what was promised, even games with good track records, and even games from WB (check Arkham series for an example of all three points).

That's great news, for anyone who is willing to take that risk! But your stance is that people deserve to have content cut from their game, if they aren't willing to risk the same on a game developed by a company with a less than stellar track record, being published by a company NOTORIOUS for it's poor quality releases? As much as I love NRS games, this is ridiculous. Waiting a day to be an informed customer should not be an issue - if there is no problem with the game, then why is this a problem? I WANT to play this game at the end of the day, I just want to make sure I'm not being scammed - as has literally happened to me before by the same guys - is that too much to ask? Cutting content to dissuade me from making an informed decision, is absolutely consumer unfriendly, there is no other description for it, and it's the reason why people hate pre-ordering, and why it's such a big problem in gaming right now, and why the backlash was so strong against Square Enix for the Deus Ex shenanigans and other shit like that - people just want to buy their game and know it works. That should never be an issue.

The underlying point you are making here is extremely bad logic. They are still putting out that product, and if it was on PC, the fact that they are often fucked is exactly WHY people want to wait to see before purchasing. Just because it's something you don't fuck with don't change that. But regardless that's all irrelevant for this release, because for the first time they haven't announced a PC release, so if something gets rushed out unfinished and unoptimized, this time it will be the console version, so just because you've dodged the bullet so far, doesn't mean diddly squat. You don't know anything about the state of the game. WB will rush it out the doors finished or not, regardless of what platform.

On a positive note, a part of me hopes that the reason there is no PC release announced is exactly for this reason - hopefully they are doing this so that nothing does get rushed out, and if it does come they will have had more time to ensure quality. But we'll just have to wait and see if it works like this. I'm hoping it is, but I don't KNOW, so I shouldn't have to gamble on it to get the full game.

What's shadier than that? Promising something, taking your money, and then not delivering it, is something game companies do all the time, often not on their own choice either, and it's about the shadiest thing I can think of, and it's exactly what NRS did with MKX.
Pre-order exclusive content here gives you two choices:
1.) take a chance on NRS's track record, and risk getting screwed because you couldn't wait until reviews were out
2.) make the safe purchase, but be punished for it by not being able to play Darkseid

You've been given a pretty good explanation already of why people don't like pre-order exclusives, it's fine if you want to pre-order, nobody is telling you what to do with your money. But if you can't see why other people may have an issue with having to do it themselves to get the full game, then you are being deliberately obtuse. Believe it or not, your personal faith and confidence in the product does absolutely nothing to mitigate the risk of being burned for everyone else, especially if they don't share that confidence.
I'm not sure why you're making such a big deal about this. Most people who want this game already know they want it. Waiting for reviews is completely unnecessary. For my money, NRS has a perfect track record. For PC gamers (which it sounds like you may be), perhaps not.

But beyond that... is a pre-order really so bad? Say you pre-order it, then see reviews that somehow convince you that you won't like this game (extremely unlikely, given the fact that NRS is very transparent before release, showing almost the entirety of the game). Now what do you do? Simply cancel or return the game. Not a big deal.

Pre-order incentives are more for pushing people over the fence who might otherwise wait a couple months for a sale. Not this huge deception conspiracy that you're making it out to be.

NRS have explained their DLC development when MKX/Goro was releasing. They're developed on different timelines. So once Injustice 2 goes "gold" and starts production, they have until release date to work on and finish Darkseid. That is not the equivalent of "cutting content" from a finished game.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
I'm not sure why you're making such a big deal about this. Most people who want this game already know they want it. Waiting for reviews is completely unnecessary.
I'm one of those people who wants the game - which is exactly why I want to wait for reviews. What is the issue with wanting to be an informed customer? What I don't understand is why people like you make a big deal about wanting to still have the full game and still be able to verify that the game is of good quality before purchasing? If the game turns out to be fine, why is that problem?

For my money, NRS has a perfect track record. For PC gamers (which it sounds like you may be), perhaps not.

They don't have a perfect record, in fact they have a downright terrible record - what you are saying is so far, you PERSONALLY have not been affected by their fuck ups. That doesn't change the fact that other people have, and should not have to gamble on it. And if you were a smart shopper, neither would you, just because it's been mostly PC targeted so far absolutely does NOT mean it can never happen to consoles as well, especially if this time around development happens to be particularly, to say, capitalise on DC movie hype. There is no PC release this time around - if something gets rushed out in a shit state its the console version. Maybe it won't be. Neither of us know for sure, hence why I want to be informed before making a purchase. Developers with perfect records come out with stinkers all the time. Dishonored 2 just this year for example - 4th game from the studio, great track record, lot of consumer trust - but this time it was a bug ridden mess.

But beyond that... is a pre-order really so bad? Say you pre-order it, then see reviews that somehow convince you that you won't like this game (extremely unlikely, given the fact that NRS is very transparent before release, showing almost the entirety of the game). Now what do you do? Simply cancel or return the game. Not a big deal.
I'm sorry, but this just exposes that you clearly have a very weak understanding of how the video game industry works.

To get a pre-release copy to review, you have to be on board. These developers have no obligation to hand out pre-release copies, in fact, NRS is one of the developers who don't do this. By the time reviews are readable - you can no longer get a refund.

However, to educate you on why this is bad in general, on a broader scale - the people who get pre-release copies are the people who won't trash a game no matter how bad it is. Nobody can force them to write a good review, but the second this websites/magazines get a copy of a game before release and decide to give it an honest but negative review, is the second they never get another review copy from that publisher, and often from any other publisher who notices it. Even saying something not positive about the company or even the state it's in, will get you your review copy skipped - if you come across as a potential wildcard, they will NOT take the risk. There is plenty of people willing to focus on all the positives and ignore the negatives in return for the massive click revenue that a review of a game before release will generate - these are the people who get the copies.

Trusting anything other than consumer reviews, is a recipe for disaster. The campaign for ethics in video game journalism has been a hot topic in recent years, and regardless where you stand on the movement, it's pretty well agreed that video game journalism = a running joke. 9.5/10 for the new Call of Duty you say? Right below the corner to corner banner advertisement for the new CoD? Well, must be an instant classic!

I hate linking to Kotaku, but this is a very important article that caused a lot of waves and cost them a lot of opportunities in the business - and explains some of this perfectly

http://kotaku.com/a-price-of-games-journalism-1743526293.

here's a video from Jim Sterling, discussing his blacklist and reputation among publishers as a "wildcard", for giving honest reviews and not sucking the industry D.

Pre-order incentives are more for pushing people over the fence who might otherwise wait a couple months for a sale. Not this huge deception conspiracy that you're making it out to be.
It's a marketing tactic that is consumer unfriendly in a massive way. I'm saying it pushes to take the information out of our hands when making our decision, or it costs us content from our games. It doesn't automatically mean the game is going to be shit - Bethesda did the same thing for Doom 2016, and literally put an embargo on reviews - yet it came out to great reviews. However, they also did the same for Fallout 4, which came out in a buggy glitch-ridden state on multiple platforms and is recognised as the worst entry in the franchise, even beating out that Fallout: Tactics fuckery. This happens all the time. It is done by companies with great records. I already gave the Arkham series as a good example of that, and they dropped the ball so hard that it single handedly caused refund system to be implemented into the largest game distribution platform on the planet. Also a WB game. So don't think that our publisher won't rush out content to make a release date. Because it could happen.

And once again, on a positive note, it may not! Maybe the lack of PC release is a good sign. However, why should it be a gamble? Why as a consumer, are you pushing for a more consumer unfriendly practice? Why do you think customers should have to TRUST that the company doesn't screw them over, or get a game with less content? How does this benefit you?

NRS have explained their DLC development when MKX/Goro was releasing. They're developed on different timelines. So once Injustice 2 goes "gold" and starts production, they have until release date to work on and finish Darkseid. That is not the equivalent of "cutting content" from a finished game.
wat

if the content is on the DISC on release day like Goro was, then it's obviously not made after the discs were printed. That makes absolutely zero sense.

Watch this. This is from one of the most respected names in the video gaming for his grounded opinions. Start at 2 minutes to skip the explanation of what prompted him to make the video, if you want. It's not biased, it's not a ranty, it's just an honest perspective on the impact of pre-ordering and what it means, from someone deeply involved in the video game industry. I deliberately found you something that wasn't just some angry or salty hatred of pre-ordering that you would just turn off, I genuinely recommend you take the time out to watch this if you have any sort of an opinion on pre-ordering.

Last edited:
Having a party at M2Dave's house?

Lol. The jury is still out until we see what this MB dash is all about. If it is that good, zoning will not be a huge factor. Maybe there will be projectiles it can't dash through like low gun shots but who knows.

If zoning won't work, aquaman injustice 1 style defense will have to do.

E

Eldriken

This pre-order squabbling shit needs to end. It isn't for everyone, okay? Some like it, some don't. We get it. We've heard both ends of the discussion enough. You're beating a dead horse.

There are people who are GOING to buy the game no matter what. In fact, A LOT of people are going to do this and they're gonna pre-order it. That is the main target for NRS and they're a much bigger group than those who don't like pre-order incentives.

Give it a rest.

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
I'm not playing this time either. I've been training in the mountains of Mt. Niggaragurawagurai. I have perfected my ultimate form and technique. I will unleash it upon the Earth shall crack under the weight of NRS's failure to please the Gods(Me).

The Earth has been warned.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
This pre-order squabbling shit needs to end. It isn't for everyone, okay? Some like it, some don't. We get it. We've heard both ends of the discussion enough. You're beating a dead horse.

There are people who are GOING to buy the game no matter what.
i think what eldriken is trying to say is too stop using logic against shameless nrs cucks and let them shill in peace lul

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
i think what eldriken is trying to say is too stop using logic against shameless nrs cucks and let them shill in peace lul
No. What Lord Driken is saying is that poeple need to shut the fuck up and learn that their opinions don't matter. Their wallets do. Don't like something, dont buy it. Simple as that. Anything else is bitch ass crying about bitch ass shit that doesn't help Spawn be in this game. Period.