What's new

DARKSEID LEAKED for Injustice 2 via Playstation Store

I feel like the only people who whine about pre-orders are kids or you're someone that doesn't have finances.

The reason for pre-orders is to drive sales, retailers like GameStop make a deal with WB to have their game in stores and agree to put up those fancy marketing material that WB works so hard for in their stores, otherwise, the game wouldn't be in the store for free on the behalf of kindness from GameStop.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
How is pre-ordering a problem? You don't have 10 bucks or whatever now, but by the hoary hosts of Hoggoth, you'll have $60 magically in April? Do your taxes early, brother, and get that Darkseid.
The reason pre-order bonuses is bad, is because the publisher is cutting content from a finished game, that you can only get returned to you by committing to buying a game before reviews come in, to stop you from making an informed decision. It's a definitive consumer unfriendly marketing tactic, that benefits you in absolutely no way. Just remember that this is a studio who's last game, MKX, was released on PC in an unplayable state for over a year. NRS does not get full quality control by any means, and wb WILL rush out an unfinished product if that's what makes money, this is the publisher who's quality control is single handedly responsible for Steam refunds. It will be great if Injustice is fine, I'm hyped for it, I changed my name for it, and I'm going to buy it if it's good - but at the same time, there is no harm in wanting to make an informed decision.

I feel like the only people who whine about pre-orders are kids or you're someone that doesn't have finances.

The reason for pre-orders is to drive sales, retailers like GameStop make a deal with WB to have their game in stores and agree to put up those fancy marketing material that WB works so hard for in their stores, otherwise, the game wouldn't be in the store for free on the behalf of kindness from GameStop.
Oh dear god. You actually think this is how retail works? And that GameStop is just selling everyone's game for them out the kindness of their heart? And just makes all their revenue off keychains?

Last edited:

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
The reason pre-order bonuses is bad, is because the publisher is cutting content from a finished game that you can only get returned to you by committing to buying a game before reviews come in, to stop you from making an informed decision. It's a definitive consumer unfriendly marketing tactic, that benefits you in absolutely no way. Just remember that this is a studio who's last game, MKX, was released on PC in an unplayable state for over a year. NRS does not get full quality control by any means, and wb WILL rush out an unfinished product if that's what makes money, this is the publisher who's quality control is single handedly responsible for Steam refunds. It will be great if Injustice is fine, I'm hyped for it, I changed my name for it, and I'm going to buy it if it's good - but at the same time, there is no harm in wanting to make an informed decision.

Oh dear god. You actually think this is how retail works? And that GameStop is just selling everyone's game for them out the kindness of their heart? And just makes all their revenue off keychains?
Preach brother <3

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Reveal Swampy next plz NRS ;) preferably with optional wings gear for our Lord & Savior of the Green

Please make them optional, i still don't know how i'd feel with those wings flapping around as i fight. AND DON'T MAKE IT SO HE CAN FLY LIKE HAWKGIRL I SWEAR TO GOD.

The reason pre-order bonuses is bad, is because the publisher is cutting content from a finished game, that you can only get returned to you by committing to buying a game before reviews come in, to stop you from making an informed decision. It's a definitive consumer unfriendly marketing tactic, that benefits you in absolutely no way. Just remember that this is a studio who's last game, MKX, was released on PC in an unplayable state for over a year. NRS does not get full quality control by any means, and wb WILL rush out an unfinished product if that's what makes money, this is the publisher who's quality control is single handedly responsible for Steam refunds. It will be great if Injustice is fine, I'm hyped for it, I changed my name for it, and I'm going to buy it if it's good - but at the same time, there is no harm in wanting to make an informed decision.

This is so wrong, publisher do not cut content. They stop work and finish content that's ready for shipping. There is LITERALLY a blog post by a NRS dev explaining this. Shipping and going gold usually happens 3 months prior to actual release date, so that's why there are Day 1 patches and DLC is because what you get is 3 months behind of an actual developer cycle.

This rumor needs to die.

Regarding MKX, I do not think NRS rushed the PC Release, the developer handling the port failed to meet the deadline, console launch by core team was just fine.

I didn't say GameStop is selling out of kindness, if you re-read -- more carefully, I said pre-order exists because GameStop and retailers do not want to sell it, and that's why pre-order exists.

If you're broke over $5 worth of DLC now, you're probably going to be broke come May.

Last edited:
This is so wrong, publisher do not cut content. They stop work and finish content that's ready for shipping. There is LITERALLY a blog post by a NRS dev explaining this. Shipping and going gold usually happens 3 months prior to actual release date, so that's why there are Day 1 patches and DLC is because what you get is 3 months behind of an actual developer cycle.

This rumor needs to die.

Regarding MKX, I do not think NRS rushed the PC Release, the developer handling the port failed to meet the deadline, console launch by core team was just fine.

I didn't say GameStop is selling out of kindness, if you re-read -- more carefully, I said pre-order exists because GameStop and retailers do not want to sell it, and that's why pre-order exists.

If you're broke over $5 worth of DLC now, you're probably going to be broke come May.

What

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.

This rumor needs to die.

Part of me is certain that this post doesn't even justify a response, but maybe I'm wrong. I'll see if anyone else has liked your post in a while bit to see if it's a shared sentiment

Last edited:

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
This is so wrong, publisher do not cut content. They stop work and finish content that's ready for shipping.
What do you mean here? Are you saying Goro wasn't cut from the game and was finished during the three months leading up to release date (while the rest of the finished game had been shipped already)?