What's new

Darkseid - General Strategies and Discussion

E

Eldriken

This is a top 5 downplaying community ever since Knicks stopped upplaying. He's not top tier but jesus dude stop talking about buffs like holy sheet.
Sure, we'll just stop having this particular discussion about our character because you don't agree with it. -_-

It's not like we're plaguing the site with "BUFF DARKSEID" threads, status updates, etc.

Besides, we all know the shit will never happen. But that doesn't mean we're unable to at least pitch shit around.

Tweedy

Noob
Sure, we'll just stop having this particular discussion about our character because you don't agree with it. -_-

It's not like we're plaguing the site with "BUFF DARKSEID" threads, status updates, etc.

Besides, we all know the shit will never happen. But that doesn't mean we're unable to at least pitch shit around.
It's not a matter of agreeing or disagreeing. Darkseid is not where a character who needs buffs would be at. It's like saying that Superman is chinese, it's just not true.

This is a top 5 downplaying community ever since Knicks stopped upplaying. He's not top tier but jesus dude stop talking about buffs like holy sheet.
No it's not, you should stop talking as a Supes downplayer and crying about zoning in your previous post.

It's not a matter of agreeing or disagreeing. Darkseid is not where a character who needs buffs would be at. It's like saying that Superman is chinese, it's just not true.
This is an interesting argument do you believe his mix makes up for his lack of neutral?

Tweedy

Noob
This is an interesting argument do you believe his mix makes up for his lack of neutral?
How does he have lack of neutral? He definitely doesn't play great if you're trying to throw normals from sweep range, but besides that he has some of the best neutral imo.

How does he have lack of neutral? He definitely doesn't play great if you're trying to throw normals from sweep range, but besides that he has some of the best neutral imo.
sure darkseid has things to do in the neutral but the point is nothing he does can do anything to his opponent in the neutral unless he has trait.

when people say 'no neutral' they usually mean no footsie buttons etc.

take flash for less extreme example. he can do a bunch of things in the neutral but he doesnt have the best footsie tools and only has one main way of playing so people say 'no neutral'. its not really true but you kinda just accept it.

Two things: 1. Was Firestorm where a character who needs buffs would be? Was Supergirl there? I mean if we see that characters get stupidly buffed or nerfed just to change stuff and not to balance the game why talk about meta and balance?! If Darkseid community sees that buffs can be achieved by crying like the Supergirl community , why not do the same shit?
2. You do realize There is now a Chinese Superman in canon DC comics)?!

Tweedy

Noob
I don't understand wanting a character to play like another character. It seems like you guys just want Darkseid to play like Superman, when he could literally be playing in any other way. I love Black Manta and would like to use a 6 frame d1 when I play Inj 2, but i'm not gonna cry about how he should have a 6 frame button. It's not his design.

Darkseid's design is not to have strong sweep range footsies.

E

Eldriken

I don't understand wanting a character to play like another character. It seems like you guys just want Darkseid to play like Superman, when he could literally be playing in any other way. I love Black Manta and would like to use a 6 frame d1 when I play Inj 2, but i'm not gonna cry about how he should have a 6 frame button. It's not his design.

Darkseid's design is not to have strong sweep range footsies.
I don't want him to play like Superman.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I personally am not, but what is wrong with asking for buffs? Firestorm, who was as good as, if not better, than Darkseid in the previous patch, received buffs. I mean, I understand why a competitor such as yourself would want no buffs for the character because you would have to worry about one more difficult match up. However, analyzing all the buffs NRS has given to characters of an identical or similar tier (i.e., Firestorm, Scarecrow, and Supergirl to name a few), is asking for Darkseid buffs really unreasonable if you disregard obvious agendas?

Also, the propaganda about Darkseid having anything else but one of the worst footsies in the game must stop. Almost all players who have used and quit Darkseid have done so because they prefer not to use a character with no footsies in a footsies oriented game.

I mistakenly used to believe Darkseid was top 10, but the writing is on the wall now. Everyone has quit him. Nobody uses him. Knicks has stopped up playing him. You are a competitor and very good player. If you intend to prove a point, join one of the War of the Gods tournaments, use Darkseid exclusively, and show the community that the character is able to win against the likes of Black Adam, Catwoman, Firestorm, Supergirl, etc.

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
Dank lord buffs

Faster f2 for whiff punishing or keep it the same and make it a mid.

112 to have no gap

22 to be -6 and no gap

Make df2 a mid that comes out on block and -6 MB is +3 on block.

D3 to be +2

123 the laser ender for this string to be faster so he can use it for combo ender as it whiffs mid screen in his bnbs

big j gleez

Mains: Not Sure Right Now ...
Darkseid is a difficult character to peg honestly. When the opponent knows how to get out of set ups and does it well, Darkseid really has almost nothing. If you can get someone in 2-3 set ups a match though, he can win. It is a weird dynamic because Darkseid gets out played by a lot of the cast. 75% of the match your opponent can outplay you but that 25% of the match where the Darkseid player is successful, the opponent is almost dead. His damage negates a lot.

I feel like that is what makes it difficult to place him on the tier list. A few buffs may throw him over the top. I am not saying he shouldn't get any buffs... but I feel like it could be risky.

I also at times consider picking up another character because the high risk, high reward playstyle at times is a bit annoying. I feel like I can do better with another character and just out play my opponent rather than go for high risk, high reward mix ups. I feel like sometimes it hurts more than it helps. But those are my own evils lol.

His neutral is his glaring weakness, this character needs a decent button either something to push back your opponent or to connect with his d1. Other than enforcing the crouch walk with your omega beams I don't see how that makes up for a lack a footsies tool. It's evident he gets mauled in the neutral by most character and most of his footsies tools gets beaten by most of the cast.

I'm certain a faster or mid F2 would not break him. He has not received any love and it is pretty obvious he gets mauled in the neutral. Nothing feels so annoying as a Darkseid main when you have to block for 15 seconds. LOL. I understand the concern people have with him, but this character suffers from the up play diagnosis from individuals that don't main him. His damage and MIX has not carried him in tournament results or made him viable in this game. The only thing that keeps him competitive in this game is his damage.

My apologies if I sound abrasive, I have the utmost respect for everyone here. I am just exhausted with this character being thrown to the side or called broken because of theory fighting.

Darkseid is a difficult character to peg honestly. When the opponent knows how to get out of set ups and does it well, Darkseid really has almost nothing. If you can get someone in 2-3 set ups a match though, he can win. It is a weird dynamic because Darkseid gets out played by a lot of the cast. 75% of the match your opponent can outplay you but that 25% of the match where the Darkseid player is successful, the opponent is almost dead. His damage negates a lot.

I feel like that is what makes it difficult to place him on the tier list. A few buffs may throw him over the top. I am not saying he shouldn't get any buffs... but I feel like it could be risky.

I also at times consider picking up another character because the high risk, high reward playstyle at times is a bit annoying. I feel like I can do better with another character and just out play my opponent rather than go for high risk, high reward mix ups. I feel like sometimes it hurts more than it helps. But those are my own evils lol.
I understand that feeling, I am a proud zoner and this character just happened to be my favorite char in this game but the YOLO playstyle definitely goes against my programming of out spacing and being patient LOL.

He most definitely can be broken if he receives way too many buffs, but I believe a conservative approach of f2 mid or MB low laser on block for pushback or combo launch on hit would be nice.

BTW nice YouTube channel!

big j gleez

Mains: Not Sure Right Now ...
I understand that feeling, I am a proud zoner and this character just happened to be my favorite char in this game but the YOLO playstyle definitely goes against my programming of out spacing and being patient LOL.

He most definitely can be broken if he receives way too many buffs, but I believe a conservative approach of f2 mid or MB low laser on block for pushback or combo launch on hit would be nice.

BTW nice YouTube channel!
Thanks so much man!

E

Eldriken

I just wish Darkseid didn't live and die by his mix. That's the main thing I'd like to see changed.

I just want him to be able to do more than shoot Omega Beams until trait is ready, go for the mix, land it (or don't) and then go back to the same thing all over again. I'd happily take a (reasonable) hit to his damage if his other aspects got some adjustments.

I personally am not, but what is wrong with asking for buffs? Firestorm, who was as good as, if not better, than Darkseid in the previous patch, received buffs. I mean, I understand why a competitor such as yourself would want no buffs for the character because you would have to worry about one more difficult match up. However, analyzing all the buffs NRS has given to characters of an identical or similar tier (i.e., Firestorm, Scarecrow, and Supergirl to name a few), is asking for Darkseid buffs really unreasonable if you disregard obvious agendas?

Also, the propaganda about Darkseid having anything else but one of the worst footsies in the game must stop. Almost all players who have used and quit Darkseid have done so because they prefer not to use a character with no footsies in a footsies oriented game.

I mistakenly used to believe Darkseid was top 10, but the writing is on the wall now. Everyone has quit him. Nobody uses him. Knicks has stopped up playing him. You are a competitor and very good player. If you intend to prove a point, join one of the War of the Gods tournaments, use Darkseid exclusively, and show the community that the character is able to win against the likes of Black Adam, Catwoman, Firestorm, Supergirl, etc.
I doubt anyone can to that with him, haha. Most of the detractors to buff him tend to theory craft and use the MIX argument. I feel the pain. I use to believe he was top ten, but the recent patch has exposed him for what he truly is in this game. Most of his tougher MUs received underserved buffs it time to give Darkseid something. He is a new God after all. I think I can imply that we would love a button or a buff to his zoning. Nothing ridiculous like batman's neutral game or Supes LOL

I just wish Darkseid didn't live and die by his mix. That's the main thing I'd like to see changed.

I just want him to be able to do more than shoot Omega Beams until trait is ready, go for the mix, land it (or don't) and then go back to the same thing all over again. I'd happily take a (reasonable) hit to his damage if his other aspects got some adjustments.
I'm pretty sure the majority of us would agree with that assessment.

EMPEROR_KNICKS

Master of Kombat(frauds)
Ok ima say a couple of things. Darkseid is pretty good where hes at. However chars like firestorm and scarecrow who were arguably were better than him previously got dumb buffs and had their main weaknesses taken away. Which is the argument for why he should recieve buffs. Personally all i want is to make the other 2 demons viable becaus as it stands most of the time ur only going green,other than that hes pretty good probs like top 11 to 15

Ok ima say a couple of things. Darkseid is pretty good where hes at. However chars like firestorm and scarecrow who were arguably were better than him previously got dumb buffs and had their main weaknesses taken away. Which is the argument for why he should recieve buffs. Personally all i want is to make the other 2 demons viable becaus as it stands most of the time ur only going green,other than that hes pretty good probs like top 11 to 15
What adjustment would you like to the red and blue demons? Also, why the demons over his zoning or lack of neutral?

E

Eldriken

Agreed on his trait. It's either send your demon running or make him fly OH. The other two are just kinda...there.