What's new

Cyrax, Rain, Reptile and Shinok deconfirmed?

Gamer68

Fujin!

At around 0:26 you can see the description for the Forceball Modifier: "A Saurian Force Ball targets your opponent when activated."

Looks like it isn't Reptile specifically, meaning his chances of being playable just went up.

Cashual

PSN: Cansuela
They're all featured as tower assists, something that historically features non playable characters in MKX and I2 (the cyborgs didn't appear as their own characters).

It might still be placeholders, but this isn't a good sign for any of these characters.

The source is this video showing a full tower:

Honestly I thought the same thing. All these people saying because he or she was in the story trailer and/or ooooh they’re in a menu or their assist is in the tower mode that they’re confirmed are nuts.

MKX had plenty of story’s characters not playable, and Injustice 2 had a ton of assists from characters not playable, so to me if anything, those things are bad signs.

I’m not saying this deconfirms them, but given recent history I’m not too optimistic about their inclusion.

Cashual

PSN: Cansuela
I'm still optimistic for Rain.

He shows up in the menu, and Sonic had him showed as main on his fight card.

As for Reptile, Cyrax and Shinnok ?
They do not seem that likely...
Sonic and tweedy both confirmed that they are just hopeful that they want rain and jade in the game. Honeybee said on his stream that people were asked who they want to main but have no clue what the roster looks like. Don’t let YouTube click bait artists like dynasty or super convince you that that was a conform.

Rice

SIRO FOR MK1
Rain has to become part of the roster in some way or it would be the same kind of fuck you at this point like with Fujin if he wouldnt make it again.

The other three missing a game wouldnt be as tragic.

Lokheit

Noob

At around 0:26 you can see the description for the Forceball Modifier: "A Saurian Force Ball targets your opponent when activated."

Looks like it isn't Reptile specifically, meaning his chances of being playable just went up.
Reptile is the last remaining saurian (removing non canon endings).

Also IIRC the effect is called Reptile assist and has his face icon, same as the others.

SenSx

Noob
It's just that Rain alwready got shafted once in MKX.

On this menu icon, he has a brand new outfit.
This means he will show up in the game, otherwise they would not have bothered.
At worst, he is story NPC.
BUT he alwready was in MKX, with the huge backlash it made from his fans.
Do you really think they would do that TWICE in a row ?
When they almost made him free DLC character after KP 2, but got cancelled ?
And he can't be paid DLC, it's base roster, or nothing.

Besides that picture on the menu has meaning.
It aims at giving the player a message, enter this menu and you'll be able to play story, towers and else...
You are put into Rain's perspective at playing all that.
It does not make sense if the guy is not playable (all others are surely playable, including Kano).

That's what makes me hopefull for him.

Maybe they entirely changed his gameplay, just like Skarlet (I think he needs it)
And just kept his old bubble for fun as a nostalgic modifier, with his MKX icon look.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
It's odd to see so many people want Rain in the game... back when MKX was in development and we saw Rain in the story trailer, I was so sure he'd be in the game, but everyone around me was like "No one likes Rain, he's just a joke character".

So seeing people requesting him for MK11 makes me happy. ^^

Gamer68

Fujin!
Reptile is the last remaining saurian (removing non canon endings).

Also IIRC the effect is called Reptile assist and has his face icon, same as the others.
Nope, it's called "Force Ball" and it's just a picture of one. No Reptile face or anything.

I know that Reptile is the last Saurian, but I don't think that these consumables are canon to lore in any way and there have been non-canon scenarios where Reptile finds more Saurians.

Also, why wouldn't they just name Reptile? The Rain, Shinnok, and Cyrax modifiers all mention them by name but the Force Ball one just says "A Saurian"

I think Reptile could be back but he won't have his Force Ball, so they moved it to a generic modifier instead.

SenSx

Noob
It's odd to see so many people want Rain in the game... back when MKX was in development and we saw Rain in the story trailer, I was so sure he'd be in the game, but everyone around me was like "No one likes Rain, he's just a joke character".

So seeing people requesting him for MK11 makes me happy. ^^
He was created as a joke, but he really isn't in the lore of the game.
He is even half god.

Same story for Noob, began as a joke, but is now much more serious in the MK universe.

Nope, it's called "Force Ball" and it's just a picture of one. No Reptile face or anything.

I know that Reptile is the last Saurian, but I don't think that these consumables are canon to lore in any way and there have been non-canon scenarios where Reptile finds more Saurians.

Also, why wouldn't they just name Reptile? The Rain, Shinnok, and Cyrax modifiers all mention them by name but the Force Ball one just says "A Saurian"

I think Reptile could be back but he won't have his Force Ball, so they moved it to a generic modifier instead.
Reptile's face is showing with Rain, Shinnok and Cyrax at the top of the tower.

I also think Reptile, Ermac and Tremor won't be in.
Baraka has Reptile's VA, and Skarlet has slow ball.
Raiden has Ermac's levitation, and I guess some other character will have more from him (Shang Tsung ?).
Geras seems very inspired by Tremor and Jax.

So Reptile, Ermac and Tremor might be replaced by Smoke, Rain and Noob Saibot.

Last edited:

Lokheit

Noob

In addition to what SenSx said, the tower says the moves are from Klassic Kombatants and that's clearly Reptile's portrait.

As I said in an earlier post some might be there to mislead, but based on NRS way of doing things, if those assists are still there on release day rather than being changed into summons, then those aren't playable. There is still time for those to become summons though but I wouldn't bet too much on it.

Gamer68

Fujin!
He was created as a joke, but he really isn't in the lore of the game.
He is even half god.

Same story for Noob, began as a joke, but is now much more serious in the MK universe.

Reptile's face is showing with Rain, Shinnok and Cyrax at the top of the tower.

I also think Reptile, Ermac and Tremor won't be in.
Baraka has Reptile's VA, and Skarlet has slow ball.
Raiden has Ermac's levitation, and I guess some other character will have more from him (Shang Tsung ?).
Geras seems very inspired by Tremor and Jax.

So Reptile, Ermac and Tremor might be replaced by Smoke, Rain and Noob Saibot.
In addition to what SenSx said, the tower says the moves are from Klassic Kombatants and that's clearly Reptile's portrait.

As I said in an earlier post some might be there to mislead, but based on NRS way of doing things, if those assists are still there on release day rather than being changed into summons, then those aren't playable. There is still time for those to become summons though but I wouldn't bet too much on it.
Oh, the video I posted and the one you guys were talking about showed different Towers. Mine showed no faces or anything which is why I was confused about where you are talking about...

With that being said, if this does deconfirm Reptile, wouldn't it deconfirm Rain as well? He's on the main menu though so that would be very weird. Unless he's somehow related to the secret 4th mode.

SenSx

Noob
Yea that's what I dont understand about Rain probabilities, but I defended his case.

As for Rain being tied to the last 4th secret mode, I doubt it.
On that picture he is clearly facing the tower, with the light above them.

Gamer68

Fujin!
Yea that's what I dont understand about Rain probabilities, but I defended his case.

As for Rain being tied to the last 4th secret mode, I doubt it.
On that picture he is clearly facing the tower, with the light above them.
The only thing I can think of is that it isn't Rain even though it looks like him. Could be a new character, or an alternate reality version of Rain where he doesn't go by that name.

It really does look like Rain, though... *shrugs*

SenSx

Noob
The only thing I can think of is that it isn't Rain even though it looks like him. Could be a new character, or an alternate reality version of Rain where he doesn't go by that name.

It really does look like Rain, though... *shrugs*
It's Rain, come on...
Purple and gold clothes, oriental design like the one he is getting since Armageddon, and the pony tail.
Why would they make new playable character looking like him, when fans want the original guy in the first place ?

Btw who do you think is fighting Baraka Behind Scorpion on the fight Icon picture ?
Looks like a dark ninja, like Noob or Smoke ?
Hard to tell...

From that video:

Last edited:

Gamer68

Fujin!
It's Rain, come on...
Purple and gold clothes, oriental design like the one he is getting since Armageddon, and the pony tail.
Why would they make new playable character looking like him, when fans want the original guy in the first place ?

Btw who do you think is fighting Baraka Behind Scorpion on the fight Icon picture ?
Looks like a dark ninja, like Noob or Smoke ?
Hard to tell...

Oh damn, I didn't even notice there were people behind them, lol.

That is definitely Noob Saibot. He has a ninja mask and loincloth, he's solid black (no grey), and it looks like he was firing something forward maybe? Could be his Ghostball.

Zaccel

Noob
No that's not the case at all. See my earlier post in the thread. It had nothing do with with such things.
I'm fairly certain the "tail" issue was the cause of his variations. The concept art also indicates he had a throat sac to "vomit" forceballs, but everything had to be left on the cutting room floor.

I think a major contributor to Reptile's "plain-jane" design in MKX was the haste to make up for lost time on a concept that didn't pan out. I consider certain attack animations (b1, the standing forceball) artifacts of this.

I hope that, with the technology there, further issues won't preclude his inclusion.

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
Rain has to become part of the roster in some way or it would be the same kind of fuck you at this point like with Fujin if he wouldnt make it again.
So what you're saying is it could definitely happen that he misses out.