What's new

Cyrax and Cyblax

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
I was using this in some match vids that i recorded last night. i dont think there is much frame advantage, im pretty sure they can jab you out of anything you try once landing from the air grab..
Yep...i was going to say the same thing but i wasn't 100% sure

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
The tech worked while you tested it? What is that tech?
F2 (w/o saw) to airgrab puts you right next to them for frame advantage. Forces them to block if you immediately follow with 3,3 (into further comboing)... or if they block, you can throw or command grab. Basically it's trial and error but Cyrax has frame advantage regardless. I'll fudge around some more after work tomorrow.

I'm just going to make a separate thread so I don't take anything away from this one. I'm really interested to see what comes of Cyblax though.

new thread here

TONY-T

Mad scientist
When you land from the air grab, it looks like Cyrax definitely can do 3,3. =) Your opponent HAS to block as far as I can tell. It will hit even if they jump, but I'm not sure how it would affect smaller characters like Jade.
I just tested with the practise dummy set to jump and you maybe right! i was able to connect the 3,3 before they could jump. Im still a bit skeptical though, they might be able to d+1 out of it before the 3,3 hits and any EXmove with armour on startup would definetly beat it.

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
Can't D1 out of it. Don't know about EX moves. There would be no wakeup attacks though because the opponent never fell down.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Can't D1 out of it. Don't know about EX moves. There would be no wakeup attacks though because the opponent never fell down.
100% certain they can EX or x-ray out of it. But it wouldnt be worth the risk for them to want to EX out of it. so its basically free frame advantage.

I just tested it further and you can get a free 1,2,1~saw, before they can jump or duck out of the way. Great find!

Creepy00

Noob
Is it only me but doesnt Cyblax has a bit hard time hitting low hitbox character and his u3 will go through sub ex slide and reptile ex dash like nothing.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
I have something to add.

Cyblax recovers quicker after throwing out a net. Its just slow on startup. also the majority of his pokes have better range then robo.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Yes I abuse net at certain distances that I know people won't jump. When they try to punish they are usuaglly like "OMG WTF I CANT PUNISH THAT? " for the most part his moves have slighter delayed startups and quicker recovery. Same amount of time out on screen as well

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using Tapatalk

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Great analysis, it's like Cyblax behaves differently in some moves/situations, that's for sure. I think this opens a new door for Match Ups choices, I mean, now, with this kind of info, Cyrax players can choose if they want use Cyber or Human version of Cyrax, depending of the character opponent they gonna face ..... maybe Cyblax works better against some characters, than Cyber Cyrax.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Sooooooo i tried playing robo and it just felt shitty. He may have more damaging resets in 1 or 2 more situations but his meta game is ass compared to humans. i cant play him anymore, once you go blax you never go back **no homo**

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Sooooooo i tried playing robo and it just felt shitty. He may have more damaging resets in 1 or 2 more situations but his meta game is ass compared to humans. i cant play him anymore, once you go blax you never go back **no homo**
+1.

I still cant figure out his resets, but I have enough BnB's down to make up for it.
His speed + Telepoof + Saw combo enders + ??? = PROFIT!

There ain't no turnin' back now...

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
i just mainly love the fact that i have safe jump ins all the time, who else can bait an anti air and be able to punish? FROM THE AIR?!

d1, d1, d1 ,d1 JUMP KICK TELEPORT CANCEL= LMAO OP

i just mainly love the fact that i have safe jump ins all the time, who else can bait an anti air and be able to punish? FROM THE AIR?!

don't forget neutral jump punch~teleport cancel

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
don't forget neutral jump punch~teleport cancel

hahaha of course i forgot about the ROFL WOULD YOU LIKE WINE WITH THAT CHEESE?!. His anti air game is retarted. Jump punch teleport cancel is a true option select.

Cyber Sub Zero. Or have you forgotten about your roots with Senor Blue Robot? Can't believe you J, posting on the yellow forums...