What's new

Cyrax and Cyblax

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Cyber Sub Zero. Or have you forgotten about your roots with Senor Blue Robot? Can't believe you J, posting on the yellow forums...
I am against the cyber initiative. I feel for cyber and I will find a way to save him. I have been training in secret with the blue robot don't worry.....

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using Tapatalk

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
I am against the cyber initiative. I feel for cyber and I will find a way to save him. I have been training in secret with the blue robot don't worry.....

..not very secret now, is it

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
It is because I have a secret new tech that will dominate at evo 2013

It is because I have a secret new tech that will dominate at evo 2013

OMFWINSAUCEDELGRANDEHOLDTHEMAYO! J, I promise to swear myself to secrecy until Evo 2013 if you show me your super-broken-"God-is-afraid-of-its-power"-leet-skeet-tech! I'll make 2, maybe 3 overly hyped threads about it at most, promise.

And seriously, we need to get in some matches. This actual tech Glue showed me is going to freeze your socks off...I know that doesn't make any sense but...maybe it'll freeze your socks, and then when it gets warm, the ice melts, and your socks will be wet, thus slipping/and-or taken off.

EDIT: I used Glue's tech to come up with a 100% combo with Cyber.

Alice

Haaave you met Sektor?
Does it involves two bars and a close bomb?

About the Cyrax thingy:
- i played some with Cyblax but felt him slower than robo. And I do that too now. Maybe 2-4 frames difference on startups for most of his attacks,
But shit that safe teleport just seems so good...too bad that I feel like Cyrax is more stable than Cyblax, somewhat tighter and more able to pressure.
However only one thing can settle this: Cyrax Vs Cyblax

Buffalo

Bison of Beat Downs
Which one would you recommend using for someone new to Cyrax? I've been considering using him as my alt and I'm not sure which I should use. I'm thinking of using Cyrax just because of his MK3 costume, but Cyblax looks like he's got a lot more going for him. Thoughts, recommendations?

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
Which one would you recommend using for someone new to Cyrax? I've been considering using him as my alt and I'm not sure which I should use. I'm thinking of using Cyrax just because of his MK3 costume, but Cyblax looks like he's got a lot more going for him. Thoughts, recommendations?
I'd say Cyrax, if this is your first time using him, he's better in terms of getting to know the character(as in both of em). But in case you wanna go with Cyblax, i'd suggest you strictly play him, that way you don't have to make that transition of timing from cyrax to cyblax, which is kinda irritating at times.

That's the technical aspect of it, in terms of aesthetics, Cyrax hands down, cyber-initiative ftw brah!

Ok, wtf, my bro just showed me some 70% combo, along with is invincible teleport, im starting to think hes better than robo versoin

Creepy00

Noob
Ok, wtf, my bro just showed me some 70% combo, along with is invincible teleport, im starting to think hes better than robo versoin
Cyblax teleport isnt safe. As to the %70 cyblax combo, well it has a tighter window of exception compare to cyrax IMO

Creepy00

Noob
His teleport has invincibility on reappearing. its 100% safe
You can hit of it through. jip d1 or a combo can beat it, learned through playing a rushdown sonya. Even 16bit said it, after testing cyblax teleport. invisibility might be only after start up, i guess.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Its not invincible on startup. You cannot punish him once he reappears. Its only punishable on startup up. We tested it with xrays and he can even reappear into an ice clone and break it. Test it out

Creepy00

Noob
Its not invincible on startup. You cannot punish him once he reappears. Its only punishable on startup up. We tested it with xrays and he can even reappear into an ice clone and break it. Test it out

That is what i meant at the beginning. Unless, you referring on the frames of reappearing then yes. I was referring the move as a whole, not the reappearing frames only. :p Maybe safe, but easy punishable on start up if opponent chooses to rush at the right time.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
That is what i meant at the beginning. Unless, you referring on the frames of reappearing then yes. I was referring the move as a whole, not the reappearing frames only. :p Maybe safe, but easy punishable on start up if opponent chooses to rush at the right time.

Oh OK lol. Well that doesn't matter because you can cancel a jump kick to put some one into block so you can teleport safely. Canceling from normals makes it safe all around and easily abusable

NariTuba

disMember
A "safe" move is a move that cannot be punished. To punish something by definition is to see a mistake from your opponent and attack while they are vulnerable. You can INTERRUPT the startup of a safe move, but you cannot punish it. You interrupt on a read while you punish on reaction. Pretty much all moves in the game can be interrupted, yet some of them are safe and some of them are not.

Seapeople

This one's for you
I just saw something sweet for Cyblax in a match by J360

After a net he did 2 ex bombs, mid bomb, uppercut. REO broke the uppercut and still got launched by the bomb. I'm not sure if that combo is consistent/character specific/etc but it looked awesome.

EDIT: Nevermind, I see this is old info. It's still amazing though lol

So it is true... Cyblax's teleport is invincible on reappearing frames. That explains a lot of bullshit I've witnessed.

Fuck Cyblax. Seriously.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
So it is true... Cyblax's teleport is invincible on reappearing frames. That explains a lot of bullshit I've witnessed.

Fuck Cyblax. Seriously.
It isn't, no. I've d1'ed it online, I don't know how punishable it is but I know you can at least d1 it.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
IniquityDM you cannot punish it, the only way you get a hit is if you snuff the persons attempted attack. Test it out, just place an ice clone down and have him teleport into it. IT IS 100% INVINCIBLE

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
IniquityDM you cannot punish it, the only way you get a hit is if you snuff the persons attempted attack. Test it out, just place an ice clone down and have him teleport into it. IT IS 100% INVINCIBLE
I'll have to look into that, the d1'ing it was attempted online so it likely has different properties offline as pretty much everything else does; I'll try to test that offline when I have the chance. If it's 100% invincible that's pretty BS though.

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
This has been addressed already its completely invincible. If you do a special attack that consists of the character being airborne (as in sektor's TU) the opponent will bounce off like if the move was blocked, the window is kinda short though.