What's new

Match Footage Cyborg Video Thread

Also good games @Ram the other day, love your Cyborg and Nightwing (lost whole health bars in the corner, learned a lot). I got hella bopped when I used Bane also, definitely want to get better with the character.

Reactions: Ram
I do too, do you use pad? I feel like the rolling motion is 100x easier on the right than left. This goes for my IAZBs and IAZCs too.

Got any suggestions for left side IAFBing?
I use pad, but my pad is melted from me trying to practice it all the time lol. For the left side, I just start off slow to at least get the muscle memory down then try to increase the pace.

Then I usually do 16bit's "10 in a row drill." Try to do 10 instant air fireballs in a row, if you mess up, start the count over. Then once you do that you practice different situations such as:

-dash forward into IAFB (x10 in a row)
-dash back to IAFB (X10 in a row)
-regular fireball to IAFB (X10 in a row)
-target acquired to IAFB in a row (X10 in a row)

If you keep messing up. Just take a short break and try to get the muscles memory correct since you don't want to practice bad form. Then continue the drill.

Also, practice common projectile/trade situations as well. Like for example after ducking Green laterns rocket (I'm not sure what that move is called) try doing an IAFB right after. Or testing to see which projectile trades in specific matchups are favorable or not. etc.

I use pad, but my pad is melted from me trying to practice it all the time lol. For the left side, I just start off slow to at least get the muscle memory down then try to increase the pace.

Then I usually do 16bit's "10 in a row drill." Try to do 10 instant air fireballs in a row, if you mess up, start the count over. Then once you do that you practice different situations such as:

-dash forward into IAFB (x10 in a row)
-dash back to IAFB (X10 in a row)
-regular fireball to IAFB (X10 in a row)
-target acquired to IAFB in a row (X10 in a row)

If you keep messing up. Just take a short break and try to get the muscles memory correct since you don't want to practice bad form. Then continue the drill.

Also, practice common projectile/trade situations as well. Like for example after ducking Green laterns rocket (I'm not sure what that move is called) try doing an IAFB right after. Or testing to see which projectile trades in specific matchups are favorable or not. etc.

Dang, I never thought of drilling for different scenarios like that; sounds real smart and a good way to nail the inputs.

LOL I definitely feel you on the controller wear. My pad looks like it got hit by a hammer in several places cause of repeated abuse.

"Also, practice common projectile/trade situations as well. Like for example after ducking Green laterns rocket (I'm not sure what that move is called) try doing an IAFB right after. Or testing to see which projectile trades in specific matchups are favorable or not. etc."
Definitely agree with doing this. I did this for crusty because he was getting bodied by IAZBs ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) (lol half kidding, he bodies me when I pick literally anyone else). Sinestro's options against IAZB suck though, like most characters & borg.

Thanks for the suggestions.

This is probably known about already but Cyborg can grapple to interactables. Best used when an interactable is off screen and you grapple to it:

Example of using using an interactable to bait a wakeup: (#Footsiesnotreallybutehwhatever)

And yeah, the grapple to throw animation looks hilarious; he throws it one way and it goes the other lol

Good example baiting the wakeups:

-After ex powerfist, Cyborg can dash forward 3 times safely if they don't tech roll
-Regular powerfist allows 1 free dash as long as they don't tech roll (I managed to get 2 in though)
-113 (Hardknockdown allows 2-3 dashes if done grounded)

These are a couple of AI matches and ranked matches I played during the thanksgiving break. If any cyborg players are playing in the tournament tomorrow (or are still playing injustice), please upload some footage. I've watched practically all the possible Cyborg footage I could find on past tournaments/sets.

I'm currently back home for winter break. Here are some recent match footage from playing online and trying to shake of the rust. Quite a bit of lag unfortunately so you'll notice some skipping, apologize for that. Hit me up for some games if you can (if your adding me let me know your from TYM as well)

More matches from the winter break, the first two are a set I had against a superman player. Got hella bopped haha, so I'm going to rematch the footage and see what I can do differently. Those dive-bomb setups are no joke.

Things to work on:
-Hitconfirming j2-12b2 into power fist
-Making sure I meter burn all wakeup DP's
-IAFB execution at the start of the round (kept missing the input)
-d1 tick throws, options from 113XNB cancel pressure
-punishing (ex. superman scoop, superman divebomb, superman dp)
-ducking more vs superman (since he doesn't really have overheads unless bounce cancel or risky f3)
-hitconfirming d1*sonic disrupter and d1*ex power fist
-avoiding accidental jumps in neutral
-checking dash ins with option select d1*ex pf
-practicing blocking divebomb setups (NOTE TO SELF: TECH ROLL) and becoming familiar with them
-avoid doing wakeup dp and relying on mbb3 when under pressure, play sets restricting the use of them
-punishing d2's on block in practice mode
-evaluating spacing options vs Superman, Hawkgirl matchup
-punishing whiff jump ins with 12b2 (whiffed crossup) or d1*expf (whiff jump in attack)

Last edited:
More Cyborg footage from yesterday. Went against a flash player so just jotting down some things I'll practice for tomorrow:

Things to practice:
-punishing torpedo and ex torpedo consistently
-Controlling mid screen space better vs. flash, checking torpedo with fireballs
-Knowing the flashes frame data on all cancels and how to avoid them
-Avoid wake up DP when under pressure (I got baited hard for this several times)
-Improve hit confirming jump in attacks
-Avoid use of mbb3 or f3 when under pressure, especially vs the flash (two hits....duh)
-Know max punish on wakeup dp vs. flash
-explore pressure options of 113 (grab, d1*SD, walk back d1?)
-punishing torpedo on whiff with d1XexPF

It's been a minute! Some recent Cyborg footage of my set vs. @Shiv@123_ . I'm going to post some self notes on this later today:

Self Notes:
LOBO:
-practice jumping out of d1 tick throw by lobo
-understand lobos frame data better (dive bomb, d1)
-practice IAFB (10 for 10 drill in practice mode)
-practice options vs. lobo's d1

Zodd:
-practice trade situations vs. his gun
-practice trade trade situations vs. his fireball and air fireball
-practice vs. trait block pressure
-familiarize self with gaps in his strings
-evaluate options post shoulder charge
-evaluate options post trait overhead grab

Lex Luther:
-evaluate trade situations
-options post-blocked d3

Cyborg mirror:
-trade situations (IAFB vs. regular fireball)