What's new

Match Footage Cyborg Video Thread

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
Slips won because he spaced himself properly, instead of mindlessly machine gunning IANB.

Which characters can make them whiff with d3? I doubt too many. Ground fireballs are definitely more effective than IANB.
Zatanna for one lol. So can WW, Zod, Scorpion, Batgirl, Flash and Catwoman have like a million ways to make it wiff. Others too. It is over -150 on wiff and -21 on block. People get a free dash, and many characters can punish from full screen or even mid-screen, and everyone from point blank.

It is very MU dependent on how effective his ground-fireball will be. Generally it is absolutely necessary to use GNB every match because the chip is great (and meter building). But it is not better than IANB, thats ludicrous! Mindless IANB will get you no where (and will never win you a game even if you do them perfect), but make the opponent respect the fact you CAN do them. Then they start to move and play different which allows Cyborg to play his footsies. Then you can use his good spacing and footsie tools. IE read their dashes in, jumps in, use d1, f2 frame traps. I do use groundfireball all the time though when I can get away with it. It charge potential makes it great for beating jumps, and dash canceling it makes it a great way to bait certain character moves.

I have actually been working on some new tech involving ground fireball. The MB version gives +5 on block. Although it can be ducked, it can be delayed, and has really good uses in the corner. I get people all the time with f2 2, 2xxNB MB in the corner. 2NBxxMB is actully a combo launcher

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
There is a little bit Cyborg gameplay from me. Watch from 04:30 till 27:00.
P.S. I was tired a little, i guess i could play better against WW, but shit happens :)

I m playing on the keyboard, my opponent is Kingusha :REO.

Guys I would be grateful if you write me my mistakes this part, really. NY_Jailhouse, Relaxedstate... and others...

http://www.twitch.tv/fightingopera/b/467915518
You have a really nice Cyborg! I only got to watch a few matches, so I will try and get some more feed back later. But so far looked pretty tight.
Maybe to many MBB3 and jumping in. I would try and implement more ground fireballs, and use charged ones also to fuck up his timing, especially since he respects your IAFB so well and you will get a lot of chip and build tons of meter.

When you end combos in 2xxTA you should bait the wake up more. If they wake up then they get blown up by missiles, if they get up and block you have tons of frame advantage.

Srryimwhte

RM PTH
You have a really nice Cyborg! I only got to watch a few matches, so I will try and get some more feed back later. But so far looked pretty tight.
Maybe to many MBB3 and jumping in. I would try and implement more ground fireballs, and use charged ones also to fuck up his timing, especially since he respects your IAFB so well and you will get a lot of chip and build tons of meter.

When you end combos in 2xxTA you should bait the wake up more. If they wake up then they get blown up by missiles, if they get up and block you have tons of frame advantage.
i wish our game didnt get deleted damn you Blackula

There is a little bit Cyborg gameplay from me. Watch from 04:30 till 27:00.
P.S. I was tired a little, i guess i could play better against WW, but shit happens :)

I m playing on the keyboard, my opponent is Kingusha :REO.

Guys I would be grateful if you write me my mistakes this part, really. NY_Jailhouse, Relaxedstate... and others...

http://www.twitch.tv/fightingopera/b/467915518

nice. that wonderwoman looks good too lol and i respect the choice of using keyboard for cyborg. is this in russia?

you should be able to basically prevent her from getting in on you at all if you play your cards right and read his approach since she has no antizoning tactics at all
my advice is to mix your iafbs more in with ground fireballs and read her jumps with jump back air fireball to knock her down. follow up with the missles whenever she gets knocked down out of the air. you should really try to incorporate missles more. a good way to do this is to jump back delayed mb fireball at the right spacing and immediately follow up with the missles

an example of when you should have done missles imo - 13:22 when she gets knocked out of the air with the second part of air mb fireball. that was a free missles right there

jump back delay mb fireball is vital

and i actually respect the amount you use mbb3 its really one of the only ways cyborg can get reliable combo damage

ggs

Galactic Geek

Losing is learning; winning is succeeding.
How are you using a keyboard? To me that's cheating... You should NOT be able to shoot fireballs that fast or accurately mid-jump! No player with a standard controller would be able to do that...

Galactic Geek

..perfectly legal. hitbox is legal. pad is legal. arcade stick is legal.
Legal in what exactly? PS3? Hmf... Xbox doesn't allow for keyboards as far as I know & that's the way I prefer it. With a keyboard, you effectively have a modded controller...

Aris_adapted

Aristotle
Thanks guys!!! I answer to all of you and also ask some questions to Relaxedstate and NY_Jailhouse as soon as possible. I write a big post...

Yes It's in Russia, Moscow.
Keyboard is not a cheat device. Keyboard is a better choise to facilitate execution, because some different things ( for example: cancels, scripts, speed of push the buttons etc.) are difficult to execute. this is it :).

Galactic Geek

Thanks guys!!! I answer to all of you and also ask some questions to Relaxedstate and NY_Jailhouse as soon as possible. I write a big post...

Yes It's in Russia, Moscow.
Keyboard is not a cheat device. Keyboard is a better choise to facilitate execution, because some different things ( for example: cancels, scripts, speed of push the buttons etc.) are difficult to execute. this is it :).
It may not be cheating, but I definitely consider it cheap. It automatically puts anyone using a controller (such as myself) at an immediate disadvantage. I believe in a fair fight - using a keyboard against a player who uses a controller does NOT provide that.

Aris_adapted

Aristotle
Also allof you guys can see the stream which will be held on saturday october 19 from 12:00 a.m. till 6:00 p.m. at the http://www.twitch.tv/fightingopera

There will be on stream: Rasta48, Smoke23, Insignis, Mr. Riddler, Kingusha and perhaps some more...

I'll try to show Cyborg again in some different match-ups.
I'll consider remarks written by RelaxedState and NY_Jailhouse. Thanks guys! @ NY_Jailhouse
@ Relaxedstate

Jeffreys

Grundy think you handsome!

My online ranked series where I main Cyborg but also use Batgirl and Grundy
I saw your video, I like the video and ill probably watch more of your videos in the future- but I do have some advice I would like to give you.

1. When you use Grundy against Deathstroke you should mainly use the chip defense trait which almost nullifies zoning. Granted the Deathstroke you played against seemed like it was his first game, but regardless it is something you should keep in mind when you play a good Deathstroke.

2. You said in your video that someone used Cyborg against you and IAFB you to death and you deemed this as a bad tactic. However that kind of mentality is quite scrubby. If you aren't prepared to use every advantage your character has then you will be easy prey to players that dont have mercy and will crush you if they notice a tactic that you are either unfamiliar against, or you just ignored that tactic previously deeming it as unfair and never wanted to learn how to fight against it. Yes there are some things in fighting games that are either game breaking or unfair but Cyborg's IAFB is not one of them. I say this as a Grundy main who absolutely abhors good Cyborgs. I normally don't give this advice to people but you stated that you went to Evo and might be planning to go again. I suspect that you would not want to be knocked out early in the tournament so next time you should ensure that you use your character to the best of its abilities, and know when to do a tactic and when not to do a tactic.

Good luck!

I saw your video, I like the video and ill probably watch more of your videos in the future- but I do have some advice I would like to give you.

1. When you use Grundy against Deathstroke you should mainly use the chip defense trait which almost nullifies zoning. Granted the Deathstroke you played against seemed like it was his first game, but regardless it is something you should keep in mind when you play a good Deathstroke.

2. You said in your video that someone used Cyborg against you and IAFB you to death and you deemed this as a bad tactic. However that kind of mentality is quite scrubby. If you aren't prepared to use every advantage your character has then you will be easy prey to players that dont have mercy and will crush you if they notice a tactic that you are either unfamiliar against, or you just ignored that tactic previously deeming it as unfair and never wanted to learn how to fight against it. Yes there are some things in fighting games that are either game breaking or unfair but Cyborg's IAFB is not one of them. I say this as a Grundy main who absolutely abhors good Cyborgs. I normally don't give this advice to people but you stated that you went to Evo and might be planning to go again. I suspect that you would not want to be knocked out early in the tournament so next time you should ensure that you use your character to the best of its abilities, and know when to do a tactic and when not to do a tactic.

Good luck!
I appreciate the advice boss and feedback on my vid. I agree that my mentality is a bit off when it comes to appreciating game given advantages like IAFB, but I am a fan of fair fights, and if a tactic all but nullifies an opponents ability to move then that's not fair, not my style. Now when it comes to protecting those tournament fees... thats a different story lol.

Sami

Noob
Instead of telling me to stop posting, which doesn't explain anything, how about you explain to me why you think that it's fair.
It's not fair. It's completely legal.

Much like a pad with a better D-pad gives you a slight advantage over someone using a shit one, a basic stick (usually) gives better advantage over a pad layout as you can use all of your fingers for buttons rather than relying on your thumb to do most of the work, an expensive stick is usually more responsive (better quality stick/buttons) than a cheap one, the keyboard and hitbox (both of which are legal in tourney scenes) can provide an extra edge in terms of accurate directional inputs.

Even if we only allowed 1st party controllers (i.e. made by Microsoft or Sony themselves and not Madcatz or some other shop) MS have released several variants of their 360 pad with different D-pads - some better, some worse - so people using the ones with the really poor D-pads have a disadvantage compared to those using the good one.

NRS - and all fighting game devs - are fully aware that Hitboxes and Keyboards are used and are legal. If they don't want practically grounded instant-air moves to come out then they can easily add a minimum air-time delay before the move becomes active, which is exactly what NRS did in Injustice with a lot of this stuff.

Much like people can use converters to adapt one pad (say PS3) to another (say 360), those same converters can be used to adapt a keyboard to a particular console.

It's not fair, but it's legal. The general rule of fighting game controllers is that 1 press/motion can only correspond to a single input sent, i.e. no macros (1 button fires off a whole chain of perfectly timed inputs) or turbo (holding down a button sends the input repeatedly). Diagonal movements on a stick or pad usually send 2 inputs (up/down and left/right) but that's obviously allowed :)

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
Bro u came out so strong the beginning but started sucking in the end lol
I believe in that match it's definitely in Cyborg favors, probably one of NW's worst along with Sinestro, Zatanna, and Supes. He doesn't have to do anything that will risk him being in range of getting punished or worked by NW. If NW gets by those novablast, he has to be aware of Cyborg's armor and Cyborg's 7 frame D1 (will beat most of NW's slow normals in Escrima) that will keep him at +2 frames will beat NW's 9frame D1 in escrima which is tough for NW because from full screen he can interupt Cyborg, but his dash in staff sucks so he won't be using staff D1. Kombat and I have a lot to work on, I'm trying to learn Cyborg myself so we're going to run a lot of sets and correct our mistakes and try to post some footage for some feedback, gracias!