What's new

Match Footage Cyborg Video Thread

Sabin, maxter and I played a koth for like 3 hrs last night, archive on his twitch acct some good matches in there
Hel probably upload to YouTube as well

Espio

Kokomo
I used my Cyborg a couple times in a set with Compbros a week or so ago, my Cyborg is kind of meh lol. I still don't use missle set ups and stuff like that, I play very basic.

Cyborg starts at 43:43-52:24

Feedback is welcome!

Jun_Dp101

Don't mess with the bess
Here's footage of a local tournament I attended recently in Dublin, I'll post more vids as soon as they are uploaded. Cyborg vs the world

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
Here is my EVO Top 25 match against EGP Tyrant Superman.
Probably an even match-up although Cyborg cannot just shoot fireballs as fast and as low as he wants since super man has good mobility. You need to read when he will air dash, where he will stop if he goes for air laser, or if he will ground dash. He is good at avoiding them, and once he is in...it hurts haha

I also have my EVO pool matches against Ronnie Bass. He beat me on stream but I ran through losers, adjusted with better execution, more push blocking, and well timed grapples, than 2-0 him in losers final. http://www.twitch.tv/srkevo2/b/429925318 @4:42:00

Need to tighten up my execution a little bit and he will be monsterous, but there you go

Jun_Dp101

Don't mess with the bess
good stuff state! superman doesnt really need to get in on cyborg he can actually zone, I'll be posting soon the superman who beat me twice to knock me out. Straight lasers at full screen wreck cyborg when he gets the knock down, forces cyborg to go midscreen to zone which makes navigating vs cyborg much easier. I don't think tyrant knows the mu that well or at all.

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
good stuff state! superman doesnt really need to get in on cyborg he can actually zone, I'll be posting soon the superman who beat me twice to knock me out. Straight lasers at full screen wreck cyborg when he gets the knock down, forces cyborg to go midscreen to zone which makes navigating vs cyborg much easier. I don't think tyrant knows the mu that well or at all.
Thanks mate!
I used to think superman could just blast Cyborg apart like that (used to own me too). But Supermans zoning game falls apart when you know how to counter it. Duck and dash under full screen lasers then fire a ground or IANB to hit him out of the next one. (The lasers stop short if you hit him out of it). Then you can shoot IANB and duck the laser for the trade on the next one. (need good execution here). Also, you can time a good jump over the laser then MB to make the laser wiff and get the second downward NB to hit him. You get a free IANB, or ground NB check on every previous hit, which will give you priority in zoning. Before long they will realize that they HAVE to get in on you. At this point you need to be able to read where they will be since his air mobility is so good. A good zoning Superman used to kick my teeth in until I ground out the MU.

Post up the matches and I'll help you though it! Definitely manageable, but Cyborg does infact zone-out Superman.

Derocus

'The Cage Mage'
Man. In all honesty, I'm disappointed with the videos in this thread. I think you guys are playing Cyborg all wrong. Playing the zoning game is sigh-boring... That was terrible.
When I learn the guy, I'll make a little online series with him like I did with Lobo. But I'll be playing Cyborg all rush down like. :cool:

PressBackToBlock

Always back the underdog
Man. In all honesty, I'm disappointed with the videos in this thread. I think you guys are playing Cyborg all wrong. Playing the zoning game is sigh-boring... That was terrible.
When I learn the guy, I'll make a little online series with him like I did with Lobo. But I'll be playing Cyborg all rush down like. :cool:
You seem to be all over my characters bro! Haha. Hit me up and we can play some mirrors if you fancy? Play some Lobo and Cyborg feats. (Xbox live - Bobbyxton)

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
I think ground nova blast is the primary projectile you want to be using instead of machine gun IANB.

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
I think ground nova blast is the primary projectile you want to be using instead of machine gun IANB.
It is entirely MU dependent. You should only ground fireball from an exact position (mid-dash range and jumo range for MB version) and only then when your opponent respects your ability to IAFB (this keeps them from jumping and allows you to chip them out.) Trust me, if the opponent knows the MU then they will easily avoid ground FB. They can be wiffed on certain charecters d3. Punished by some characters teleports. Universally dash blocked and jump-over punished once they know the MB arc and timing.

Slips did well with ground fireballs. But he won because of d1 (7 frames +2 on block) and f2 2 (+3 on block) abuse.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Slips won because he spaced himself properly, instead of mindlessly machine gunning IANB.

Which characters can make them whiff with d3? I doubt too many. Ground fireballs are definitely more effective than IANB.

PressBackToBlock

Always back the underdog
Slips won because he spaced himself properly, instead of mindlessly machine gunning IANB.

Which characters can make them whiff with d3? I doubt too many. Ground fireballs are definitely more effective than IANB.
Any character that's hurt-box is small enough can avoid them... I know GL can b1 them, and Cyborg can probably d3 them.