What's new

Tech Cyborg Technology Development Thread

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Cyborgs, stop doing grapple j2 linked into f3 in the corner. It's unsafe on block and you can't confirm the j2, when you could take out any risk and just hit confirm a string. Food for thought.

Ram

Buluc Chabtan
Cyborgs, stop doing grapple j2 linked into f3 in the corner. It's unsafe on block and you can't confirm the j2, when you could take out any risk and just hit confirm a string. Food for thought.
Although you speak the truth, this is my response (see from 2:55 to 2:58):

Kinetic Balding1

Day 1 Phenomenal Cyborg
Quote="Phosferrax, post: 1538871, member: 8554"]Cyborgs, stop doing grapple j2 linked into f3 in the corner. It's unsafe on block and you can't confirm the j2, when you could take out any risk and just hit confirm a string. Food for thought.[/quote]
The j2 gives you some time to link a f3 so it actually easy to confirm.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
I usually go for f22 after the j2 if you block the j2
But you can't confirm the j2 into f3, so you either do the f3 and risk getting combo'd if I block the j2, or you do f22 and loses your combo.

But if you just do with 113 or b213 then it gets rid of that problem.

Kinetic Balding1

Day 1 Phenomenal Cyborg
="Phosferrax, post: 1539270, member: 8554"]But you can't confirm the j2 into f3, so you either do the f3 and risk getting combo'd if I block the j2, or you do f22 and loses your combo.

It has enough hit advantage for you to wait a little before the f3 and still link the f3.

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
A couple things:

1. I will probably repurpose this thread to be General Discussion and Technology Development thread since it seems to have become the Cyborg hangout spot. Great job being so active guys!!!

2. Now that I am between tournaments, I am going back to the borg for a bit and plan on making a new guide for the new year with the help of @Kinetic Balding1 . If any other Cyborgs want to help/put in input you are not only welcomed, but encouraged!

I still think Cyboprg is terrible lol. But he is a lot fun to use, and I know there is quite a bit more that can be developed to improve the way he is played in the current meta.

Ram

Buluc Chabtan
But you can't confirm the j2 into f3, so you either do the f3 and risk getting combo'd if I block the j2, or you do f22 and loses your combo.

The problem with 113 is that the first hit is high, and so can be ducked and punished before the second hit comes out. Similar problem with b231, where the second and/or third hits can whiff as well.