What's new

Tech Cyborg Technology Development Thread

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
Also mid screen techno tackle MB can set up TA it's strict timing though. And a little trick I'm testing is off of his b123 xx TA on block mid screen. If my opp tries to attack I push block him into bombs and if he blocks it I dash in and do j2 or j3 MB nova blast. MB nova (air) is plus 12 then I have time to dash in and do f2 or d1 to punish. Once that is respected I do b12xx MB nova. On block it's plus 9.

Ram

Buluc Chabtan
Who are you guys planning to use in MKX? I have my sights sets on:
Erron Black (gunslinger & marksman), Kano (cybernetic), Kitana (mournful), Kung Lao (tempest), and Quan Chi (warlock)

Last edited:

just_2swift

Kotal: sun/war God

Raiden: all 3

Subzero: grand master/ cryomancer

Davorah: venomous

ERRON BLACK: all 3

At this point the game looks solid it's hard to find a main. Anyone still going to play injustice? I'm not going to lie I enjoy the game and will still play it but mkx will be played waaay more.

Ram

Buluc Chabtan
Kotal: sun/war God

Raiden: all 3

Subzero: grand master/ cryomancer

Davorah: venomous

ERRON BLACK: all 3

At this point the game looks solid it's hard to find a main. Anyone still going to play injustice? I'm not going to lie I enjoy the game and will still play it but mkx will be played waaay more.
Nice list you got there! Ya, I think I will still play IGAU.

P.S. Erron Black's rifle smack special (in Marksman) reminds me of Cyborg's power fist (even the meter-burn versions are similar!)

just_2swift

Nice list you got there! Ya, I think I will still play IGAU.

P.S. Erron Black's rifle smack special (in Marksman) reminds me of Cyborg's power fist (even the meter-burn versions are similar!)
I know! :) are you on ps4?

Ram

Buluc Chabtan
high-damage meterless midscreen combo (off of grapple):
grapple j2 b3 j3 j2 2xxBGB j3 2xxPF ...48%

(BGB = background bounce, PF = power fist)

This is me just exploring Cyborgs post-b3 and post d1 game. A more detailed description is below:

---------------------------------------------------------------
After a blocked b3 (range specific) cyborg can walk back (depending on the character) and cause d1 to whiff. This is me just exploring some of the options from it.

b3 (walkback) d1*exPF
- A great option select to catch an opponent that is pressing buttons. If they press nothing, only a d1 comes out so it's an option select.

b3 (walkback) f22
- Good block string also f22 is +3 on block allowing a free d1 check again

b3 (walkback) standing 2
-A very weak option. Does not combo into any special except super, and whiff recovery on standing 2 is bad

----------------------------------------------------------------
Cybrog's d1 is +2 on block and depending on the opponent, put's him just outside throw range. This leads to some interesting shimmy and whiff punish options, that I'm still exploring. Mind you, this is extremely character specific:

d1 (walkback)
-causes some characters with a short range d1 to whiff.

d1 (walkback) d1xEX Powerfist
- causes the opponent's d1 to whiff for a punish. If they press nothing only d1 comes out so it's an option select (buffer).

d1 (walkback, walkforward) throw
-causes the d1 to whiff, then punish with throw option

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I plan to try this on more characters tomorrow. Shazam and Supes first since they have short d1s

This is some footage trying the same scenarios on Superman, evaluating the post-(mb)b3 and post-d1 game of Cyborg. A more detailed description is below:

-----------------------------------------------------------
After (mb)b3, Cyborg is spaced just outside d1 range (in fact he doesn't even have to walk back, he can stand still and d1 still whiffs). This means if Superman decides to poke with d1 (for whatever reason), Cyborg can counterpoke with d1*EXPF. In the corner, this can lead up to 40%+ damage.

Cyborg can also walkup grab superman as well. Gifs are below

If Superman does f2 it's a different story however. Cyborg cannot walk back since he will still be tagged, and f2 has more active frames than d1. A d1 immediately after Cyborg's (mb)b3 counterpokes this option.

Also, if the Cyborg reads f2 is coming, they can also backdash causing f2 to whiff and can punish from there.
-----------------------------------------------------
After a d1, Cyborg can walk back causing Superman's d1 to whiff. This leads to some very interesting shimmy and whiff punish options. For example, Cyborg can quickly walkback and walk forward throw, or walkback d1 into EX power fist.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Last edited: