What's new

Cyborg General Discussion Thread

Its still very early, The improved trait and Diagonal Fireball(ground and air) are definite improvements, however the blow to his wake up game is very significant. No combo off the grapple sucks as well

Again its still early, but my early thoughts are he is still going to Struggle against the other Zoners in the game and have less options on defense/wake up now, so in the long run I can see it being like INJ1 where ppl start to ask themselves why use him at all when there are plenty of better choices available.

Time will tell tho, I will main him no matter what tho, just as I did in INJ1.

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
Its still very early, The improved trait and Diagonal Fireball(ground and air) are definite improvements, however the blow to his wake up game is very significant. No combo off the grapple sucks as well

Again its still early, but my early thoughts are he is still going to Struggle against the other Zoners in the game and have less options on defense/wake up now, so in the long run I can see it being like INJ1 where ppl start to ask themselves why use him at all when there are plenty of better choices available.

Time will tell tho, I will main him no matter what tho, just as I did in INJ1.
I would actually say his fireball was nerfed substantially. iafb is no longer plus on block/hit, it's start up is 1 frame slower (10 up from 9), and his MB fireball now only grants +2 on block if the frae data is to be believed (down from +10 I think?). It also has a smaller hurtbox. The diagonal is a cool addition, but again suffers the same problems of the opponent recovering too quickly. This is additionally compounded by the fact that TA now hits mid instead of overhead (a significant nerf) as this not only dissalows some up close mix up potential, but also allows the opponent to just duck block (where as before they would stand block and be forced to block a TA and a iafb for more chip and more meter building).

His trait is def a huge improvement but that said its still got slow startup and will not help with his tough MUs (like aquaman) of which I am already confident he will have already have several 3-7 losing MUs.

I would actually say his fireball was nerfed substantially. iafb is no longer plus on block/hit, it's start up is 1 frame slower (10 up from 9), and his MB fireball now only grants +2 on block if the frae data is to be believed (down from +10 I think?). It also has a smaller hurtbox. The diagonal is a cool addition, but again suffers the same problems of the opponent recovering too quickly. This is additionally compounded by the fact that TA now hits mid instead of overhead (a significant nerf) as this not only dissalows some up close mix up potential, but also allows the opponent to just duck block (where as before they would stand block and be forced to block a TA and a iafb for more chip and more meter building).

His trait is def a huge improvement but that said its still got slow startup and will not help with his tough MUs (like aquaman) of which I am already confident he will have already have several 3-7 losing MUs.
Yea the TA Nerf was uncalled for smh lol, dam, its not looking good honestly, but it is what it is I guess smh

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
So his 23 string is pretty damn good. 11 frame dual mid with hella range. Safe on block and sends them fullscreen with a big knockdown. Good in nuetral and am experimenting with it as an ender. Try abusing it and see what you guys think.

So his 23 string is pretty damn good. 11 frame dual mid with hella range. Safe on block and sends them fullscreen with a big knockdown. Good in nuetral and am experimenting with it as an ender. Try abusing it and see what you guys think.
It's also a really good armor break move as well. Definitely need to use it more

So does anyone have a full list of his gear abilities?
Only got two so far:
His INJ1 heal trait(It heals like 4% at most)
Boom Tube
Pretty good teleport that replaces up grapple.

Also lemme get an invite to secret discord

Last edited:

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
Im done holding my mouth shut. He's hella bad compared to igau. Hell put them side by side igau Borg bodies i2 Borg free. Im not suger coating shit. Nrs failed him. The new string is nice the new nova is nice thank you. 113 use to restand, his dash is slower so less frame advantage on his cancels. TA were overhead hit advantage on MB tackle has been reduced. I can go on for days what has changed I know this dude like the back of my testies I know bull shit when I see it.

Last edited:
I'm surprised not many are looking for things Cyborg can do in neutral or in regards to setups.

Earning time to set up TA in neutral is really good.
When you place a TA on the screen and there's space between you and the enemy, I recommend using this time to take a proactive/aggressive zoning/spacing approach. If placed correctly, TA is like a delayed shield .
It really shifts the focus of the player to get around it. It also gives you telltale signs of the player's habits for when setups into TA.
If the player is more aggressive, depending on their action you can: anti-air, B3(MB if needed), 23 or B123 to push them back into TA, or punish escape roll.
If the player is more passive and is giving space, Cyborg can use trait into more zoning to fill the screen/etc. Or get offensive (as long as player is still within reach of TA that is falling).

Combos Into Setups:
Midscreen:
B3, j2, B123, DD3
starter, MB.DB2, (walk forward slightly) 23, DD3

TA force your opponent to do an action on wakeup as long as you take an aggressive approach after executing TA. TA is placed just in front of the enemy, but it's still large enough to hit. By walking forward and knowing your opponents intentions or reacting to how they avoid TA, Cyborg can do something with it.
If the enemy dashes forward, punish with B12 to push them back into TA and it will confirm into a combo.
If they jump, punish with DB1; depending on when the enemy was hit out of the air TA will hit them.
These are just examples but you can do much more with this. Use TA to force a reaction out of the enemy!

Corner:
starter (if enemy isn't launched by 113, B123, B231), MB.DB2, 11, 11, B123, DD3B
B231, MB.BF1, 11, 11, B123, DD3B
B123, MB.BF1, 11, 11, B123, DD3B
113, MB.BF1 (delay MB!), 11, 11, B123, DD3B

Now that the enemy can't move out, this setup is much scarier (albeit loss of OH from TA). Cyborg has enough frame advantage after cancelling into TA to proceed into meaty setups. I primarily use B12 as my meaty for this.
B12 will naturally combo TA into each other whether the opponent decides to block or not. On block it gives massive frame advantage for cyborg to combo or mixup. B2/F3 are Cyborg's high/low, or cancel B12 into his Grapple forward for left/right mixups.
If opponent tries to do wake up attack, just block and they'll get punished by the TA to get combo'd anyways.
Cyborg can also do throw into TA, but it's not effective due to the launch height not high enough or lift being long enough.
The chip from pressure is pretty good too.

I have to figure out more plausible setups for trait though...

Some more Cyborg footage. Is there a Cyborg video thread yet? I would probably prefer to post stuff there:

I also have a really good set vs. my training partner with Cyborg. I learned so much from it, hoping to post it soon. Here's just part one, but we were just getting warmed up:

112 ender is still good for getting a TA out or for crossing them up in the corner (it also reverses their wakeup so its doubly good.
I think 112 is tech rollable now (no longer a hard knockdown). I noticed this when I was playing my training partner yesterday. Although I didn't get much sleep that night and was probably hallucinating lol

Some more Cyborg footage. Is there a Cyborg video thread yet? I would probably prefer to post stuff there:
I also have a really good set vs. my training partner with Cyborg. I learned so much from it, hoping to post it soon. Here's just part one, but we were just getting warmed up:
I'll just give general feedback since the game is still early and I've only looked at your ranked matches so far.
I notice that you're playing a pretty aggressive Cyborg, which is great! However, I don't think you're playing the character to his advantages. Obviously Cyborg is a zoning character, but that does not mean you cannot be aggressive. You just need to establish area control and deny your enemy from feeling like they can do things. Then your aggressive play will really start to work when they're scared play for a few seconds.

During your set with your training partner, you're starting to play neutral to Cyborg's strengths. Just don't forget about using TA when you create time for yourself.
Trait also has uses in neutral, depending on the situation. Drone trait once on the screen is an immediate extra projectile the opponent has to block or avoid due to its tracking; this is especially good to use against opponents that are aggressively close the gap.
Roomba trait is a sonic boom that travels on the floor. It basically allows Cyborg to walk with it to close space while continuing to zone with TA and fireballs. Enemies that like to use escape roll will usually get punished by this, and it's great to take back space when you're fullscreen and your opponent is budging to close the gap.

I believe jDB1 is one of cyborg's better projectile compared to jBF1 since jDB1 hits crouching characters. This will inevitably force the enemy to want to move forward (as long as they are within range to get hit).
Use B3, F3, F22, 23, B123 when the enemy is mid-range or closer.
B3(+5 on block, can do 23 afterwards to punish enemy if they move)
F3(+3 on block overhead, similar use to B3), F22(+2 on block, knockdown on hit)
23(0 on block, but is Cyborg's furthest advancing normal, knockdown on hit)
B123(Cyborg's best mid stagger string, -3,-3,0 on block)
Use grapple not only during neutral, but during strings if it is best to begin zoning again.

I don't agree with using escape roll as a cross tactic with TA primarily because crossups only work if the enemy has to block an overhead. The enemy literally can just hold down (NOT downback like other games) to block left/right mixups until the player attacks with an overhead.

I also don't agree with using escape roll as a means to get in. Escape roll can be punished if the enemy is sitting within range when your roll finishes. It's just that the game is still early so you may get away free for now.
I would only use it switching sides to escape corner, or to get in/punish an enemy that is out-zoning/zoning with a life lead.

Remember that Cyborg's only wake up attack is his command grab, and backdash/super (universal). DB2 doesn't have any invincibility and it's unsafe.

OFF-TOPIC: Since no one posted a discord link, does anyone want to volunteer to make one?