What's new

Match Footage Cyblax vs Sektor Discussion/Questions w footage

killa_solid

Friendly--foe
I just tested this for a while, both with 2 controllers and the AI with wakeup attack on.

Im pretty sure what you have here is just another case of the AI not blocking properly. When I tested vs the AI I was able to punish the teleport by delaying the input just like you said, it was consistent and easy. When I tested with 2 controllers I was only able to punish Extele a couple of times and regular tele zero times.

As confirmed by Somberness, the window to punish the tele is 2 frames (24 frames of recovery, 22 of invincibility). Its not confirmed whether this 2 frame window happens at the beginning or at the end of recovery, but from my tests I would guess it happens at the beginning. The teleport animation is as follows as far as I can tell: after Cyblax dissapears he immediately reapears on the other side, mid air and falls to the ground really quickly (probably in those 2 frames) BEFORE the smoke cloud appears behind the opponent. You can test this easily by teleporting and pausing to observe individual frames. The few times I was able to punish the tele while holding block on the other controller, I actually did my string as soon as my character turned around. My guess is once the smoke cloud appears Cyblax is invincible.

The best course of action I think is to delay the string, not because you want to punish the tele but because you want to be in active frames when the invincibility wears off, forcing him to block. I play a Kabal here that simply delays a f32 everytime I teleport and forces me to deal with the 50/50 or ndcs. If you are hitting people after the teleport it is likely because they let go of block, not because you hit that 2 frame window.

Pig Of The Hut
I tested this with two controllers as well and I had the same success and I have done this midmatch that's why I know it is punishable.. but could not record that version bc its hard to man a camera and two controllers. Good time to be sheeva. I will try to record it vs a human as well. It is gonna be tricky lol..

NariTuba

disMember
I tested this with two controllers as well and I had the same success and I have done this midmatch that's why I know it is punishable.. but could not record that version bc its hard to man a camera and two controllers. Good time to be sheeva. I will try to record it vs a human as well. It is gonna be tricky lol..
hahaha :)

maybe Somberness can confirm if the 2 frame window comes before or after the invincibility? If it comes after then you might get lucky and punish it but still be covered by the blocksrting if you dont hit the window. If it comes before its definitely not worth the risk.

ETC AdmiralAugustus

Grabble Frazzled
I can't comment on Sektor because I don't play him, but I'll give my two cents on Cyblax.

L0rdoftheFLY

First off, I know whenever you had the opportunity to reset, most of the time you went with just a basic one. Review Tony-T's vids and up that dmg output when you can. You gotta get all Danny Woodhead on that shit. Style and dmg.

Also, you are throwing out air throw too much for an ender. Mix it up with saw, net, bomb, and air throw. There was a point in the beginning where you AA'd with d1, followed up with 1,2,1 into the corner and just tossed out an air throw. The air throw whiffed, obviously, but you need to realize with Cyblax you can net things you couldn't before with Cyrax. Net vortexes are good setups when you wanna take a break and read another chapter about your opponent.

You need to up your dmg in your corner combos, see reset section.

Implicate f2's off of net vortexes. Every nikka loves +11

Throw in some more d4's and d3's. Mix in d4 > saw on block and d4 > command grab/121 on hit

Other than that, practice away. Hope this helps.

EDIT: Also, I dunno if Sektor can stand up and punch between 3 and 4 in 334, but I dunno. Maybe?

P.S. Pig Of The Hut Sektor is boring :3

killa_solid

Friendly--foe
hahaha :)

maybe Somberness can confirm if the 2 frame window comes before or after the invincibility? If it comes after then you might get lucky and punish it but still be covered by the blocksrting if you dont hit the window. If it comes before its definitely not worth the risk.
Here it is vs a human. Actually got the set up to work easily.. thought it would take me way longer.

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
use less f2 :p

anyways the most damaging (and stylish) combo after Sektor AA 1 is NJP, b21, b34 EX TU, b21... but that's almost impossible so just do 12 tele or JK tele after the 1

IAT to punish nets

try to end rounds with buzzsaw for meter.

full combo punish 212 with 12b1. Cyrax could mix it up with 21 net or 21, d3/d4 if he reads this.

sektor can't wake up attack without meter.

robo cyrax probably better for this MU

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
J360
Maxter
Krayzie
scarsunseen
SwiftTomHanks

@All other sektor and Cyrax players

Start Time in Video: 1:50:30

End Time: 2:19:00

Is this typically how a sektor vs cyblax mu looks like? Really past the first or second game we play well

What could Fly have done better and what could i with sektor have done better?

What is sektor's best combo off of Air to air punch and AA 1?

Is sektor B1 money in this MU?

Are these Cyblax's ideal resets? Fly is only one other than Han that hits these all the damn time w him.

After f2 what are sektor's best options? Anything hit cyrax low hitbox?

I was focusing on Meter heavily especially towards the later matches.

Can sektor duck any of cyblax strings, stand up and 12b1 in middle of them?

Please explain cyblax's f ing invincible teleport to the point where you explain how and who can punish it? Please do not be coy be direct

Thanks in advance and that teleport is Gayer than a .30 cent quarter
Personally, I hardly ever use Cyblax. I prefer Cyrax because of his speed and I'm more accustomed to the distance in his bomb throws over Cyblax. (The bomb throw distances ARE different in case some of you didn't know.) I feel like Lord should have thrown out more bombs (esp far ones), but otherwise, played very well. He missed a number of punishable opportunities, like when Sektor's tele-punch was blocked. Cyblax's 1,2-reset is probably his easiest and most efficient. If you're comfortable with that high combo and your fighting tactic is also good, stick with what you know. I didn't really see a lot of D3 or D4 in Cyblax's footsie game, which is something I use often - especially D4-to-1,2,1 and D4-to-chestsaw.

If I remember right, I think Cyblax's teleport is better because it has invincibility frames as he reappears and can immediately block. He can't be knocked out of the air like with Cyrax's teleport. Again, I rarely use Cyblax, so someone else might have a better answer. I think the best way to possibly punish Cyblax's teleport is to jump over him as soon as he reappears.

I play Sektor sometimes, but I know this MU very better from the Cyrax end. Sektor should have tried spamming missiles more in my opinion. It got better around 2:00:00 and 2:06:20 I think. I don't know about you, but when I play Sektor, I use D3 a lot in my footsie game. I also do a lot of D4-to-flamethrower. B1 is a really good weapon for keeping Cyrax away, since he has trouble getting in unless you're caught in a net, but that also depends on the Cyrax player of course. Almost every Cyrax I've played has their own style.

Hope this helps a bit. Again, I play Cyrax MUCH more than Cyblax, and their differences are quite noticeable, and I only play Sektor sometimes.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
I guess you could instant air teleport punish any nets that are thrown from 3 quarters to full screen distance.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
Loads of characters can stuff sektors wakeup teleport with a well timed string/normal.

Can't give any insight on the human versions, they're lame, so I don't use them.

Darth Mao

Your Tech is Mine! #buffRaiden
Now that the humans versions came into question: what is the difference between the Human and the Robot Sektor?
I only know the difference of the reach on 1,2,2 and the lower launching level of X-Ray. There's something beyond that? Is there any advantage in playing with the robotic version?

Man there are a lot of fools out there still thinking that teleport is unpublishable. That is very good news :)
Ex tele is plus 4 on block and hits mid, making cyblax's rush down better then robo. Try to incorporate it more? maybe not on that sektor MU

killa_solid

Friendly--foe
Man there are a lot of fools out there still thinking that teleport is unpublishable. That is very good news :)
Ex tele is plus 4 on block and hits mid, making cyblax's rush down better then robo. Try to incorporate it more? maybe not on that sektor MU
Ex tele has a random push back so it can't really be used in rushdown reliably.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
+4 on block eh tele for cyblax? awesome. I didnt know that.

LEGEND

YES!
Now that the humans versions came into question: what is the difference between the Human and the Robot Sektor?
I only know the difference of the reach on 1,2,2 and the lower launching level of X-Ray. There's something beyond that? Is there any advantage in playing with the robotic version?
Regular missiles fly lower and the execution of up missile is a little different, like his hitbox while shooting it is higher up and it takes longer to leave the screen but returns faster i think

the low flying Regular missile is only really noticeable vs Feddy, and the Up missile difference can occasionally get you hit by an air projectile when you normally wouldn't

Darth Mao

Your Tech is Mine! #buffRaiden
Regular missiles fly lower and the execution of up missile is a little different, like his hitbox while shooting it is higher up and it takes longer to leave the screen but returns faster i think

the low flying Regular missile is only really noticeable vs Feddy, and the Up missile difference can occasionally get you hit by an air projectile when you normally wouldn't
Then the robotic version is better?

The_Furax

I accept nothing. Nothing is inevitable.
IAT to punish nets

try to end rounds with buzzsaw for meter.

full combo punish 212 with 12b1. Cyrax could mix it up with 21 net or 21, d3/d4 if he reads this.

sektor can't wake up attack without meter.

robo cyrax probably better for this MU
I think robo cyrax has better tools and he's also better against sektor. The only trouble is the robo cyrax's teleport that can be easily punish, on the other hand I think his teleport is not so important against sektor. This fight doesn't force cyrax to use his tele all the time. Robo cyrax can punish sektor easier into his full resets.

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
I prefer Cyrax instead of Cyblax in general, but especially against characters with fast projectiles like Sektor, Freddy, Kabal, etc.. Most projectile spammers stand at full screen, and I think Cyrax's far-bomb toss is the perfect distance to help him get in close. Cyblax's far-bombs go too far behind the opponent and his recovery is too slow. Cyblax's recovery from throwing a net is also slower than Cyrax, which I find very disadvantageous against faster characters.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Sektor's up missiles are better. Steve's up missiles don't lower his hitbox and probably even extend it.

An example of how this is beneficial is like in the Kenshi match up it ducks under teleflurry.

Up Missile is the only thing that's better. Otherwise Human is sadly the better character..

Edit: Just saw that Lethal answered already.