J360
Maxter
Krayzie
scarsunseen
SwiftTomHanks

@All other sektor and Cyrax players

Start Time in Video: 1:50:30

End Time: 2:19:00

Is this typically how a sektor vs cyblax mu looks like? Really past the first or second game we play well

What could Fly have done better and what could i with sektor have done better?

What is sektor's best combo off of Air to air punch and AA 1?

Is sektor B1 money in this MU?

Are these Cyblax's ideal resets? Fly is only one other than Han that hits these all the damn time w him.

After f2 what are sektor's best options? Anything hit cyrax low hitbox?

I was focusing on Meter heavily especially towards the later matches.

Can sektor duck any of cyblax strings, stand up and 12b1 in middle of them?

Please explain cyblax's f ing invincible teleport to the point where you explain how and who can punish it? Please do not be coy be direct

Thanks in advance and that teleport is Gayer than a .30 cent quarter

I don't know if they are the best or the percentages off the top of my head, but off on an AA1 you can get 1~12~TU~b34~EXTU~[any of Sektor's combo enders] and off of an air-to-air you can get f2~TU~b34~EXTU~[any of Sektor's combo enders].

Granted, the only Cyblax that I've ever really fought is Lt. Box but I've had sucsess deaing with the teleproof using well timed Above Missiles and dashing forward and using b34.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I don't know if they are the best or the percentages off the top of my head, but off on an AA1 you can get 1~12~TU~b34~EXTU~[any of Sektor's combo enders] and off of an air-to-air you can get f2~TU~b34~EXTU~[any of Sektor's combo enders].

Granted, the only Cyblax that I've ever really fought is Lt. Box but I've had sucsess deaing with the teleproof using well timed Above Missiles and dashing forward and using b34.
thanks i GREATLY need to buff my damage off those starters

thanks

killa_solid

Friendly--foe
With sektor after an antiair 1 you can do jk tele into whetever follow up u want ( meter or meterless). That's his max damage off of a an antiair I believe.
As for punishing cyblax's tele, it is def punishable. Most people make the mistake of trying to punish it like cyrax's tele which u need to hit him out of the air to punish. With cyblax you need to wait a little and get a grounded punish. To punish it you will ideally need a mid move ( not an overhead) sine he can crouch immediately. Sektor might have an issue there I believe. Grab might be a good idea here.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
With sektor after an antiair 1 you can do jk tele into whetever follow up u want ( meter or meterless). That's his max damage off of a an antiair I believe.
As for punishing cyblax's tele, it is def punishable. Most people make the mistake of trying to punish it like cyrax's tele which u need to hit him out of the air to punish. With cyblax you need to wait a little and get a grounded punish. To punish it you will ideally need a mid move ( not an overhead) sine he can crouch immediately. Sektor might have an issue there I believe. Grab might be a good idea here.
i need a video

that tele is stupid

dendeno9

Noob
What about Sektor's teleport? Is there any way to make that thing whiff, or is the world doomed to never see sektor get baby'd?

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
What about Sektor's teleport? Is there any way to make that thing whiff, or is the world doomed to never see sektor get baby'd?
a well timed f2 beats sektors wakeup teleport, but wakeup flame burner beats f2, so you gotta do it as a read. (i know i dont play cyblax but this works with robo too)

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
cyblax teleport can be punished before he does it that's about it I think. no invincibility frames on startup

Seapeople

This one's for you
I've tried punishing Cyblax's teleport pretty extensively offline with no luck. I think the best thing you can do is get a free blockstring or throw, but you have to delay it like Solid said or else he can poke out. I hope I'm wrong though, looking forward to seeing video of it :)
And like Denzell said it can be punished before he gets to the other side.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Is this typically how a sektor vs cyblax mu looks like? Really past the first or second game we play well
lol.. So many wake up Teleports...
This isn't really what I would expect.

What could Fly have done better and what could i with sektor have done better?
Maximize Damage, Space B3 4 properly, be more careful with F2.

What is sektor's best combo off of Air to air punch and AA 1?
Air to Air it's better to go into teleport but if not, F2 after you land and then tele.

Best AA1 is AA 1 tele, B2 1, B3 4, teleport but it might be character and height dependant.

You kan also do what solid said for easier damage.

Is sektor B1 money in this MU?
I guess. Just watch out for Nets and Jumps.

I'm used to playing regular Cyrax though. (Which is a tougher match up.)

Are these Cyblax's ideal resets? Fly is only one other than Han that hits these all the damn time w him.
There's more damaging ones by Tony-T. Krayzie's been doing them but last time we played he was dropping them since he doesn't really use Cyblax.

After f2 what are sektor's best options? Anything hit cyrax low hitbox?
On hit I think a quick dash 2 1. On block you're neutral so it depends. Back up and punish D1's, D3, etc..

Cyrax/Cyblax doesn't have a low hit box. He actually has one of the easier hitboxes to work with. What you're experiencing is Sektor's normals.. That's how they work. Cyrax/Cyblax has a normal hitbox in terms of spacing but it's slightly bigger than others in the normal klass.

I was focusing on Meter heavily especially towards the later matches.
Good. I recommend not using meter for kombos.

Can sektor duck any of cyblax strings, stand up and 12b1 in middle of them?
Yes, it's spacing dependent sometimes. Usually after the first wiffed attack you kan do this.

Please explain cyblax's f ing invincible teleport to the point where you explain how and who can punish it? Please do not be coy be direct
You have to do it late. Test the timing out. Anyone kan punish it.

Thanks in advance and that teleport is Gayer than a .30 cent quarter
Don't know what you mean by this but OK...

Darth Mao

Your Tech is Mine! #buffRaiden
Off of Air to air:
JP, F2, TU, B3, 4, TU. You can replace the TU for a setup [up missile, FT or u+3 OS].

AA 1:
1, dash, 1, 2, TU, B3, 4, TU. Again, you can replace the TU for a setup.

B+1 is a great tool for space but Cyrax has tools for approximation and Sektor has a little reward with it, so isn't very useful.

F2 is a good tool, but it depends on how your opponent reacts. On hit you can dash and continue pressure with 1,2/1,2,2/2,1/u+3 OS/b+3,4 or other shit. But if the opponent blocks and attempt to counter-poke [possibly with d+1 or d+3], Sektor can b+3,4 or b+2 punish for a combo.

For the other two questions only hitting the lab, i haven't seen anything about it.

NariTuba

disMember
Pig Of The Hut

The teleport cannot be punished (there's a 2 frame window to punish it, not really something you can be consistent with). What you can do however is put him in a blockstring and initiate mindgames.

You have two options, either delay your response a bit so your mid hits Cyblax as the invincibility wears off (forcing him to block); or react immediately with a string that has mids in it so the first hit or hits go through him but you are still hitting him once the invincibility wears off.

The first option you would time kinda like you would a CSZ parry punish, you see it on screen, wait a bit, then make your move. The risk for this option is that if you wait too long Cyblax can jab or jump and blow you up. (In Sektors case for example you could time b3, forcing him to block and then play footsies or grab or whatever).

The second option is more rudimentary but requires less concentration. The risk involved lies in the fact that Cyblax might jab immediately after the teleport and actually "whiff" punish you for those hits that went through him. (i.e. You can use 1,2,b1 for this. Nice pushback and full combo on hit. u3 50/50 on reaction to teleport might be a possibility too, tho I havent tested it)

Always fun watching you guys play, good shit!

killa_solid

Friendly--foe
Pig Of The Hut
Here are the videos. Sorry about the quality but that's the best I could do.
The proper way to punish it
Improper way to punish it. I don't know if it shows well but sub's first 2 in 212 goes right through cyblax bc I deliberately tried to punish too fast. In this case cyblax could get a free poke or even cross up for a full punish.

ryublaze

Noob
I believe you can only NJP Sektor's TU if it is an EX TU.

After Sektor's F2 on hit, if you dash up and do 1, 3 then 3 will connect even on low hitbox characters. Sektor's other strings like 1,2 well the 2 will whiff, and if you do 2,1 then the 2 whiffs too. Sektor's 1,3 string also creates decent pushback and you can cancel it into flame. You can also throw the opponent after F2 on hit.

Sektor's F2 on block you have options like B3 or B3,4 (if u wanna hit confirm into tele), B2,1 or B2, tele for whiff punish. You can standing 1 AA them if they try to jump at you.

There's a full combo list in the Sektor Ultimate Guide that shows almost every combo possibility off of each starter (why more people don't use this I don't know).

Meterless standing 1 AA:
1, dash, 1, 2, TU, B2, Flame Burner (24%, 6 Hits)
1, dash, B3, 4, TU, B2, Flame Burner (25%, 6 Hits)
1, JK, TU, B2, Flame Burner (25%, 5 Hits)
1, TU, B2, 1, B2, Flame Burner (30%, 6 Hits)

1 Bar Meter standing 1 AA:
1, dash, 1, 2, TU, B3, 4, EXTU, B2, Flame Burner (32%, 10 Hits)
1, dash, B3, 4, TU, JK, EXTU, B2, Flame Burner (33%, 9 Hits)
1, dash, B3, 4, TU, B3, 4, EXTU, B2, Flame Burner (33%, 10 Hits)
1, JK, TU, F4, 3/4, EXTU, B2, Flame Burner (37%, 9 Hits)
1, TU, B2, 1, B3, 4, EXTU, B2, Flame Burner (39%, 10 Hits)
1, TU, B2, 1, B3, 4, EXTU, B2, Flame Burner (39%, 10 Hits)

killa_solid

Friendly--foe
Pig Of The Hut
I just checked you can punish it with a high hitting ( sonya's 114) move as well so disregard what I said about needing a mid hitting move. Sektor should be able to use his 1

Seapeople

This one's for you
Most pokes can also make Sektor's ex teleport whiff and you can punish him with a juggle combo, but I don't think you can poke under it on reaction.

NariTuba

disMember
Don't judge my cyrax too terribly. He is still very green.
Good shit Fly, glad to see you play some Cyblax.

I know youve seen the threads so you already know what you can improve. The only thing I would reccomend is to drop the 121 combo in the corner for the reverse uppercut stuff. Its easier to execute, its much better to transition into the corner, if you whiff the uppercut you can still juggle them for about 70% and get a saw setup AND it ultimately leads to more damage.

good stuff man

NariTuba

disMember
Here are the videos. Sorry about the quality but that's the best I could do.
The proper way to punish it

Improper way to punish it. I don't know if it shows well but sub's first 2 in 212 goes right through cyblax bc I deliberately tried to punish too fast. In this case cyblax could get a free poke or even cross up for a full punish.
I just tested this for a while, both with 2 controllers and the AI with wakeup attack on.

Im pretty sure what you have here is just another case of the AI not blocking properly. When I tested vs the AI I was able to punish the teleport by delaying the input just like you said, it was consistent and easy. When I tested with 2 controllers I was only able to punish Extele a couple of times and regular tele zero times.

As confirmed by Somberness, the window to punish the tele is 2 frames (24 frames of recovery, 22 of invincibility). Its not confirmed whether this 2 frame window happens at the beginning or at the end of recovery, but from my tests I would guess it happens at the beginning. The teleport animation is as follows as far as I can tell: after Cyblax dissapears he immediately reapears on the other side, mid air and falls to the ground really quickly (probably in those 2 frames) BEFORE the smoke cloud appears behind the opponent. You can test this easily by teleporting and pausing to observe individual frames. The few times I was able to punish the tele while holding block on the other controller, I actually did my string as soon as my character turned around. My guess is once the smoke cloud appears Cyblax is invincible.

The best course of action I think is to delay the string, not because you want to punish the tele but because you want to be in active frames when the invincibility wears off, forcing him to block. I play a Kabal here that simply delays a f32 everytime I teleport and forces me to deal with the 50/50 or ndcs. If you are hitting people after the teleport it is likely because they let go of block, not because you hit that 2 frame window.

Pig Of The Hut