What's new

Match Footage Cyblax vs Sektor Discussion/Questions w footage

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
robo sektor's upmissiles can duck under things like scorpion's tele and kabal iagb

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I prefer Cyrax instead of Cyblax in general, but especially against characters with fast projectiles like Sektor, Freddy, Kabal, etc..
Kompared to most of the kast Sektor's missiles aren't really that fast. It's slower start up that Baraka (but much better recovery) and it travels slower than most (which actually benefits him in someways since people have to delay their movement).

robo sektor's upmissiles can duck under things like scorpion's tele and kabal iagb
Yeah, it bothers me how useless it is to up missile under gas blasts.. Damn Kabal.

GGA HAN

Galloping Ghost Arcade
Just a few things I noticed from the Cyrax point of view...

1) If you net sektor in the air, human cyrax can do AA resets for pretty good damage. I noticed that fly was going for njp, b2, into 121 AA even with meter.

2) 1:55:17 and again at around 2:13:35 - something I noticed also was an attempted punish of a telepunch using the 21 and 12 string. In these instances, it whiffed most likely because of sektors small hitbox or it was mistimed. If you get used to punishing ball states with 33 into net, you'll thank me later. MUCH more consistent, doesn't whiff like 12 or 21 sometimes does.

3) overall needs more command grab!

4) shutdown the air with his AA grab, fly allowed pig to cross him over too much

I'll edit if I think of anyything else, but that's all I've seen from the H. Cyrax side of the MU.

edit: I saw fly drop a corner reset, going for the 121 ex bomb, close bomb, 3 x net. Its much easier to do it by hitting 1 instead of 3, then netting. 1% less in damage, but worth it for consistency IMHO.

NariTuba

disMember
Most projectile spammers stand at full screen, and I think Cyrax's far-bomb toss is the perfect distance to help him get in close. Cyblax's far-bombs go too far behind the opponent and his recovery is too slow. Cyblax's recovery from throwing a net is also slower than Cyrax
With Cyblax you gotta play it a little different. Use the mid bomb by dashing in to throw it and dashing back to lock the screen. From there you get a free AAt, a teleport or a close bomb, depending on what they do, to either continue zoning or get in.

Best use for the teleport is to bait specials or normals and teleport in to whiff punish.

The recovery for Cyrax and Cyblax net is the same according to the frame data

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Cyblax teleport is punishable, ive had my friend and i test it. he used kung laos spin and was able to punish it. the timing is very strict though! im not sure if the full cast can punish it, but id asume a vast majority probably can, but its very hard to do so..

LEGEND

YES!
if i read the frame data correctly it would seem that Cyblax has a 2 frame window that he is vulnerable, Since the teleport recovers for 24 frames after he gets to the other side and he only has 22 frames of invincibility at that point. So i guess plenty of moves can be used to punish the Tele if timed properly

Can anyone confirm this?
-
Pig Of The Hut
TONY-T
Red Reaper

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
if i read the frame data correctly it would seem that Cyblax has a 2 frame window that he is vulnerable, Since the teleport recovers for 24 frames after he gets to the other side and he only has 22 frames of invincibility at that point. So i guess plenty of moves can be used to punish the Tele if timed properly

Can anyone confirm this?
-
Pig Of The Hut
TONY-T
Red Reaper
As far as I can tell from my testing, whatever move you use has to hit it's first frame within those two frames, otherwise the hit won't connect at all. It's really hard.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer

Can anyone confirm this?
-
Pig Of The Hut
TONY-T
Red Reaper
You have to wait and time it. 2 frame window isn't that short of a window when you think about how long it takes for him to disappear and then reappear. (Six Frame jabbing Jax out of his shit is a 2 frame window as well.)

Reptile's Dash is harder to punish. This teleport is just scarier if you fuck it up so just punish when you feel komfortable and pressure when you don't.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Great feedback guys. Im working on my cyblax and taking your feedback seriously.

Skarlet
Cyblax
Kabal

Quite the roster IMO

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Hopefully I can get some H.Cyrax/Sektor footage today and tomorrow. I've really been messing with him a lot, and I feel like I have a legit play style with him now. New setups and better accuracy on my BNB's.

I was going to post some older footage with me and Red, but I feel like I've completely grown skill wise with the character since then.