What's new

Video/Tutorial Cyber Sub Zero Video Guide Part 1 - By Pig of The Hut

Man I can't believe I missed this. Very cool videos man!

Also, no homo, but I am strangely turned on by your voice over Rammestein music. :top:

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
Some sexy stuff right here. Gonna have to go to work in the lab with Cyber Sub. First it was the up+4 tele resets then the glue trap now I have to learn all of this. The dash up counter while they're waking up is very nice.

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
Some sexy stuff right here. Gonna have to go to work in the lab with Cyber Sub. First it was the up+4 tele resets then the glue trap now I have to learn all of this. The dash up counter while they're waking up is very nice.
He can no longer stuff out them wake-ups.

Tis life on the 1.05 patch.

Altaire

Noob
He can no longer stuff out them wake-ups.

Tis life on the 1.05 patch.
I really don't see what the issue is here. Most (if not all) of the wakeup attacks you'd usually parry are unsafe on block, and most of those are full combo punishable. Why would you parry Kung Lao's spin on wakeup when you could just block it and take 40% every time? Why parry Kabal's run when you can block it for a full combo punish? Why parry Cage's shadow kick when - wouldn't you know it - You can take 40% for blocking it, nevermind the fact that the parry could easily get stuffed if he uses the EX shadow kick?

People seriously overdramatize the parry fix. In most cases, this is going to teach you to start responding to your opponent's wakeup game sensibly.

GuamoKun

I really don't see what the issue is here. Most (if not all) of the wakeup attacks you'd usually parry are unsafe on block, and most of those are full combo punishable. Why would you parry Kung Lao's spin on wakeup when you could just block it and take 40% every time? Why parry Kabal's run when you can block it for a full combo punish? Why parry Cage's shadow kick when - wouldn't you know it - You can take 40% for blocking it, nevermind the fact that the parry could easily get stuffed if he uses the EX shadow kick?

People seriously overdramatize the parry fix. In most cases, this is going to teach you to start responding to your opponent's wakeup game sensibly.
Oh no I definitely agree. I didn't even do that before the patch. I earlier said that dashing up and blocking the spin is better. I was just telling PANDEMIC that the wakeup parry thing isn't as reliable now.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player

yea I agree w this at first it bothered me I couldn't ex parry wakeups but now it teaches me to be more balanced, patient and bait wakeups correctly

Good stuff

Altaire

Noob
yea I agree w this at first it bothered me I couldn't ex parry wakeups but now it teaches me to be more balanced, patient and bait wakeups correctly

Good stuff
Patience, young padawan.

(I actually don't ever want you improving your Cyber Sub at all, your offense is so strong that if your fundamentals improve we're all completely fucked)

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Its awesome to have a character guide for cyber sub, good work it took me a while to come around and actually watch this in its entirety.

Althought I must say that the second part of the video displaying options on a blocked up 4 mid bomb should introduce the fact that none of those setups are guaranteed seeing as how you can jump away, hell even punish it with a dash in combo starter if your normals are fast enough.

I do like the use of the bomb cancel up 4 on hit for pressure though. That setup is tight for cornered opponents. I'm interested to see part two of this. If anything I have a few bomb setups of my own I would happily contribute.

Keep it up man

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using Tapatalk

Pig Of The Hut

Its awesome to have a character guide for cyber sub, good work it took me a while to come around and actually watch this in its entirety.

Althought I must say that the second part of the video displaying options on a blocked up 4 mid bomb should introduce the fact that none of those setups are guaranteed seeing as how you can jump away, hell even punish it with a dash in combo starter if your normals are fast enough.

I do like the use of the bomb cancel up 4 on hit for pressure though. That setup is tight for cornered opponents. I'm interested to see part two of this. If anything I have a few bomb setups of my own I would happily contribute.

Keep it up man

Hey thanks man yea I have tons of great finds coming in part 2 as well as another character guide I'm doing but I've decided not to release it till after NEC because I have 4-5 tourneys coming and would really just like to focus all my MK time to prepping for those

I promise in part two the following:

-high level CSz vs individual character strategies
- more parry fun
- bomb traps not talked about
- more combos off uppercut, freeZe from bomb and mixups
- use of close dive
- match up chart IMO and why

I'll go ahead and apologize now but the 2nd part will probably be 20 min as well LOL sorry

Also I will go back and take out certain things from part 1 that are not possible anymore post patch

Pig Of The Hut

Keep it up man

Oh one more thing

Saw u on VSM and you're very impressive player w cyrax

Great stuff man

GuamoKun

Hey thanks man yea I have tons of great finds coming in part 2 as well as another character guide I'm doing but I've decided not to release it till after NEC because I have 4-5 tourneys coming and would really just like to focus all my MK time to prepping for those

I promise in part two the following:

-high level CSz vs individual character strategies
- more parry fun
- bomb traps not talked about
- more combos off uppercut, freeZe from bomb and mixups
- use of close dive
- match up chart IMO and why

I'll go ahead and apologize now but the 2nd part will probably be 20 min as well LOL sorry

Also I will go back and take out certain things from part 1 that are not possible anymore post patch
More of a request...but if it isn't too late, can you look into some of the stuff I posted here and see if its worth putting in your video?

http://testyourmight.com/forum/showthread.php?12271-Its-time-I-contribute-to-Cyber-Sub...

I kinda need input on this stuff I did haha.

GuamoKun

lol thats funny

its the hair right? ie: jesus
I guess that could work. I meant it as more along the lines of someone that came down from who-knows-where and spread their gospel about stuff, in this case CSZ, amongst the people.

But yeah I guess the hair could work!

CJKRattlehead

Two men enter, one man leaves!
I'll be looking forward to part 2. Your video guides are very well presented and i hope you do more in the future because the only person i seem to favor in that regard is Under The Mayo. Good shit and keep it up.

lazybird123

Purple Belt in BJJ, White Belt in MK
Hey PigOfTheHut, I was trying to watch the STBL show focusing on Cyber Sub and I noticed you were on it, but the problem was that part 1 seemed to be Tom Brady and Part 2 starts right in the middle of your part. I was wondering if you knew how to watch the whole thing.

Pig Of The Hut

Hey PigOfTheHut, I was trying to watch the STBL show focusing on Cyber Sub and I noticed you were on it, but the problem was that part 1 seemed to be Tom Brady and Part 2 starts right in the middle of your part. I was wondering if you knew how to watch the whole thing.
Oh weird I didn't know that, hmm Silent1 is definitely the one to ask

GuamoKun

SO...........................

yea............

I played a tourney tonight with CSZ and won (Anime Atlanta Convention) however almost lost to a lao because this version was post patch and guess what?

You can no longer parry Kano ball or Lao's Spin on wake up

Yea.......

Updated CSZ guide complete with part 2 coming soon.

Im thoroughly going to run through and check everything over post patch

***facepalm
Part two coming soon

Did time freeze for you or something? [pun intended].

Also I'm calling you out for a CSZ mirror match! Fighting those at the top does nothing but help.

Pig Of The Hut

Part two coming soon

Did time freeze for you or something? [pun intended].

Also I'm calling you out for a CSZ mirror match! Fighting those at the top does nothing but help.
it definitely isnt coming till after NEC because some things need to go unsaid for now :)

Love to play you soon anytime

I got 2nd At south carolina st tourney, the grand finals for newegg.com are tonight and i have BNB atlanta this thurday (30 people expected)

stream for Atlanta BNB is twitch.tv/funkyp at 7pm eastern

GuamoKun

it definitely isnt coming till after NEC because some things need to go unsaid for now :)

I got 2nd At south carolina st tourney, the grand finals for newegg.com are tonight and i have BNB atlanta this thurday (30 people expected)

I...have never even made it to semi finals in any tourney, but it takes a lot of hard work to make a diamond out of coal.

I will add you on PSN when I get back from school. I also play as Kitana and her supposedly God-like tech won't be revealed until after NEC as well.

Pig Of The Hut

I...have never even made it to semi finals in any tourney, but it takes a lot of hard work to make a diamond out of coal.

I will add you on PSN when I get back from school. I also play as Kitana and her supposedly God-like tech won't be revealed until aft
er NEC as well.
would love to play some matches

Also i think the kit tech is something about 2 1 then 2 1 2 right after

Altaire

Noob

Better hope none of that tech you're keeping under wraps is in my guide, it's coming out monday. :p