What's new

Video/Tutorial Cyber Sub Zero Video Guide Part 1 - By Pig of The Hut

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
hey pig spoke to you at the atl tournament stream and i havent seen your video yet but by the looks of the comments i cant wait. im in the school library. and i dont have internet at home till thursday. lol but still gotta keep updated on the character forums. long live mk.

keep up the good work pig :3
Thanks man, see I told you it'd be up soon. Lol :)

WOW. This seriously made me want to put Cyber Sub in my team. Very informative, Pig! Music was excellent too, what was used in the intro on the first vid?
Really appreciate it and we'd love you on the CSZ team with usedforglue, Altaire, reo, me and others.

Music on the intro is:
Band: Rammstein
Song: Wollt ihr das Bett in Flammen sehen (translation i think is "Do you want me see the bed in flames w me")

[video=youtube_share;7R-LGGRjWmU]http://youtu.be/7R-LGGRjWmU[/video]

I like the parry section, I tried to parry a Raiden mid string yesterday and got blown up. I will have to keep practicing that.

I like the 21, freeze, jip u4, mid bomb wiff reset, but people keep jumping out of it :grr:

All in all great vid man, I loved it. Cant wait to see part 2.
Thanks ill try to focus on that a little more with it slowed down to show how to do it right and if they are able to jump out what to do.

Also you can definitely parry raiden online, just varies with connection. It's pretty easy offline.

thanks for your comments and interest

Tim Static

Adminerator
Rammstein and MK go hand in hand...Shock's used them countless times in his vids...

that is about the most perfect sound for MK too. IMO.

sorry had to throw that in there :coffee:

Pig Of The Hut

Rammstein and MK go hand in hand...Shock's used them countless times in his vids...

that is about the most perfect sound for MK too. IMO.

sorry had to throw that in there :coffee:
Oh man i couldnt agree more, and the other music used Prodigy and Downlink go well with CSZ himself. Anything robotic sounding

The only good thing i can say about the 3D0 fighting game "Way of the Warrior" was that it's sound track was tracks 1-15 of the White Zombie Album La sexorcisto

Tim Static

Adminerator
Oh man i couldnt agree more, and the other music used Prodigy and Downlink go well with CSZ himself. Anything robotic sounding

The only good thing i can say about the 3D0 fighting game "Way of the Warrior" was that it's sound track was tracks 1-15 of the White Zombie Album La sexorcisto
lmao i forgot about that

check out this:

lots more of a electronic band....at least in the studio...but i really really dig this stuff...hell, anything that is some kind of metal/electronic/techno combination haha

Real good shit, Pig! Add Sektor's b1 to the list of unparryable moves.
FYI nothing is inherently unparryable as far as I know. It checks for where the attacker's move started, not where it ended up. Long range pokes and moves that cross a large amount of space, leaving the opponent's hittable area out of range, will not trigger a parry. Mileena's d4 poking Cage out of his X-ray is a common example.

Pig Of The Hut

lmao i forgot about that

check out this:

lots more of a electronic band....at least in the studio...but i really really dig this stuff...hell, anything that is some kind of metal/electronic/techno combination haha
I love combichrist however im salty as hell with them still

The band i started 9 years ago where i got my name from (pig of the hut) had a drummer for years who then left and became combichrist's drummer and toured with the before mentioned rammstein.

His name is Austin Selberg, went by A9 and some other "stage" names

i havent seen him in about 4-5 years, extremely nutty guy and was a good friend.

easily best drummer ive ever heard

spongebob

ಠ__ಠ
FYI nothing is inherently unparryable as far as I know. It checks for where the attacker's move started, not where it ended up. Long range pokes and moves that cross a large amount of space, leaving the opponent's hittable area out of range, will not trigger a parry. Mileena's d4 poking Cage out of his X-ray is a common example.
I think that rule only applies to JC x-ray which will parry pretty much everything within range including projectiles. CSZ and Lui Kang's parries work differently it just doesn't parry everything including pokes and sektor's b1 (even done right next to CSZ). At first I thought it was because b1 is an extension of sektor's body and no part of of him actually touches the parry however some of jades staff moves and kabal df2 get parried so I'm not fully sure.

But anyway what CSZ and Lui Kang can parry has nothing to do with distance that only applies to cages x-ray. A poke like Mileena's d4 can't be parried regardless of distance.

Also nice vid pig, I learnt some stuff even though i dont play cz lol

Tong Lung

What is a breaker?
Thank you for this vid!

From the very beginning when I started maining human SZ I've wanted to learn CSZ and this vid is exactly what I needed. I believe that CSZ is going to become even more useful after the patch due to the universal changes being made to dashing. I also believe that CSZ will cover some if not all of SZ's bad matchups since he's far more mobile.

Good stuff, looking forward to part 2!

I think that rule only applies to JC x-ray which will parry pretty much everything within range including projectiles. CSZ and Lui Kang's parries work differently it just doesn't parry everything including pokes and sektor's b1 (even done right next to CSZ). At first I thought it was because b1 is an extension of sektor's body and no part of of him actually touches the parry however some of jades staff moves and kabal df2 get parried so I'm not fully sure.
That's crazy. Good to know though, thank you. Guess there are still some bugs left to patch.

Pig Of The Hut

Thank you for this vid!

From the very beginning when I started maining human SZ I've wanted to learn CSZ and this vid is exactly what I needed. I believe that CSZ is going to become even more useful after the patch due to the universal changes being made to dashing. I also believe that CSZ will cover some if not all of SZ's bad matchups since he's far more mobile.

Good stuff, looking forward to part 2!
Appreciate it!

Im making a list now of what to cover!

B W1zZ

Noob
Awesome tutorial Pig! This inspired me to practice with cyber sub again and really try to get the hang of the way he's supposed to be played. I've practiced with him a little bit but I really want to pick him up as an alt and explore his deeper gameplay. I imagine some of these tactics in the video work with his F221 string as well.

Pig Of The Hut

Awesome tutorial Pig! This inspired me to practice with cyber sub again and really try to get the hang of the way he's supposed to be played. I've practiced with him a little bit but I really want to pick him up as an alt and explore his deeper gameplay. I imagine some of these tactics in the video work with his F221 string as well.
definitely man, we should play on xbox this week and ill try some new characters as well and let's see what we get. f22 1 is awesome string as well as b22 i need to talk more about in next section but yes you're right. they work well.

Did you like the raiden parry part :) I was thinking of you lol

B W1zZ

Noob
definitely man, we should play on xbox this week and ill try some new characters as well and let's see what we get. f22 1 is awesome string as well as b22 i need to talk more about in next section but yes you're right. they work well.

Did you like the raiden parry part :) I was thinking of you lol
Yeah F221 has a lot of stagger on hit and pushback on block...does it lead into a safe jump on hit? I know you can dash in for more pressure.

That's definitely something a raiden player needs to be aware of when playing against CSZ. I seen that and thought "oh great now people are going to try and counter pick me with CSZ" lol.

Raiden can opt to do a vicinity blast or teleport instead of finishing the 4 in his 334 string, and cancel any hit in B312 into vicinity blast or teleport as well...so B312 becomes a guessing game of when is raiden going to vb or tele, if at all? :p

But yea we should get some games in soon, I want to fight your CSZ ;0

Fantastic guide, just what I needed to motivate me to get back into the character.

So as a CSZ expert, can you tell me for certain what actually determines whether a bomb does or doesn't freeze? I get conflicting opinions everywhere.

lazybird123

Purple Belt in BJJ, White Belt in MK
Thanks a lot Pig of the Hut, I have been having a lot of fun playing as Cyber Sub thanks to your video. Can't wait for part 2!

Words cannot express how thankfull i am for this guide, definitely going to main Robo Frio right now!
I just wish his battle damage was toned down so that brain shaped helment layer wasn't showing all the time XD

Pig Of The Hut

SO...........................

yea............

I played a tourney tonight with CSZ and won (Anime Atlanta Convention) however almost lost to a lao because this version was post patch and guess what?

You can no longer parry Kano ball or Lao's Spin on wake up

Yea.......

Updated CSZ guide complete with part 2 coming soon.

Im thoroughly going to run through and check everything over post patch

***facepalm

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
SO...........................

yea............

I played a tourney tonight with CSZ and won (Anime Atlanta Convention) however almost lost to a lao because this version was post patch and guess what?

You can no longer parry Kano ball or Lao's Spin on wake up

Yea.......

Updated CSZ guide complete with part 2 coming soon.

Im thoroughly going to run through and check everything over post patch

***facepalm
Just a thought, but since Lao's spin is more punishable now, can't you instead dash up and block then punish?

And for Kano, can't you do the same, but instead do another parry since some Kano's like to do another upball when another is blocked.

Haven't tested it out but its been in my head since I first heard the news.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Hey Pig.

I tested the 21 Freeze, JIP, U4 Bomb Wiff, then JIP..., the opponent can jump out and or use armored moves to punish your jump in punch.

I realised after a few hours on it that it becomes effective against a good opponent after conditioning and, used sparingly, (mixing after the bomb wiff) between dashing into 21 and Jump in punching into 3 strings, only then can the conditioning can take place on the opponent, and will eventually have the opponent preparing to block the dashed 21 and not jumping out...they are forced to stay grounded for your JIP, as they will eat a dashed 21 if they don't block, still risky on a smart opponent, even after conditioning, but when you catch them with JIP 33 :en freeze, into bomb trap, it...fucking...destroys.

Not gaurenteed, but when it lands...damm.

Alternatively, dash canceling into 3 strings will guarantee the hit on the opponent without the JIP, this is the safest option, and only reduces damage by 2% chip.

Pig Of The Hut

Just a thought, but since Lao's spin is more punishable now, can't you instead dash up and block then punish?

And for Kano, can't you do the same, but instead do another parry since some Kano's like to do another upball when another is blocked.

Haven't tested it out but its been in my head since I first heard the news.
Thats exactly what i started doing last night when i had some extensive time to play on XBL w new patch, thanks. So really the game plan would be against non teleporters to med bomb canceldash forward crouch block (most of time) and against teleporters (depending on each case by case) close bomb NOT MED bomb cancel into dash past bomb and if they chose to wakeup with a teleport (Smoke) it's ok cause bomb will hit then slide while they are still in air from bomb.

Hey Pig.

I tested the 21 Freeze, JIP, U4 Bomb Wiff, then JIP..., the opponent can jump out and or use armored moves to punish your jump in punch.

I realised after a few hours on it that it becomes effective against a good opponent after conditioning and, used sparingly, (mixing after the bomb wiff) between dashing into 21 and Jump in punching into 3 strings, only then can the conditioning can take place on the opponent, and will eventually have the opponent preparing to block the dashed 21 and not jumping out...they are forced to stay grounded for your JIP, as they will eat a dashed 21 if they don't block, still risky on a smart opponent, even after conditioning, but when you catch them with JIP 33 :en freeze, into bomb trap, it...fucking...destroys.

Not gaurenteed, but when it lands...damm.

Alternatively, dash canceling into 3 strings will guarantee the hit on the opponent without the JIP, this is the safest option, and only reduces damage by 2% chip.
Love it, Great info man. Thanks a ton.