What's new

Video/Tutorial Cyber Sub Zero Video Guide Part 1 - By Pig of The Hut

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player

This is PART 1 Cyber Sub Zero Video Guide Ive made to educate all MK users interested of how viable and deadly he can be. Enjoy and I welcome all critiques, complaints and compliments!

Part 2 will cover all the things I did not cover here in Parts 1A + parts 1B such as his 11, b 2 2, f 2 2 1 strings. Also his lack of usefulness for teleport and other tid bits concerning this character.

This Video was made PRE PATCH - so any changes that need to be made I will certainly do so.

22min divided in parts 1A and 1B Guide

thank you for posting these, i had to get off the STBL show yesterday just as these went up, was looking all over for them.

Altaire

Noob
I have one question about this video: Do scrubs have to sign a waiver to make a character guide video?

Come on Pig, I couldn't post without trolling you at least a litte bit. Great guide, man. The parrying section is BY FAR my favorite part, and while I feel like I've covered a lot of Cyber Sub tech no one has revealed yet, you sure taught me a thing or two with that. Just the fact that it showed me I could parry the second hit of Mileena's EX teleport makes this entire video worthwhile. You could've stopped there and I'd still be impressed.

...Now hurry up and fix your 360 so I can make your Cyber Sub look bad. :p

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
Oh and EX bomb into EX freeze is not guaranteed. A Kitana can Square Wave at the peak of a forward jump on reaction to the EX bombs to escape. Its happened to me when trying it out against online opponents.

lazybird123

Purple Belt in BJJ, White Belt in MK
Thanks a lot man, I've been looking at adding Cyber Sub to my arsenal.

My only question is, whats the point of the bomb cancel? I know you explained it but I'm honestly kinda slow if you don't mind reexplaining (or if someone else can do it I'd appreciate it)

Thanks

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
Im at work and this is gunna be a good way to spend my time (I don't have any intention of playing this char I just wanna see what the Hype is about).

I actually picked up a Dazzle today and was thinking of making a video guide for Mileena, :)

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Very nice, sir! I genuinely wish we had such extensive video guides for the rest of the cast! I wish you well in your future matches with CZ, get him some exposure which he clearly deserves! :)

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Oh and EX bomb into EX freeze is not guaranteed. A Kitana can Square Wave at the peak of a forward jump on reaction to the EX bombs to escape. Its happened to me when trying it out against online opponents.
Well, that's why Pig admitted he never uses Cyber Sub-Zero against Kitana, right? He'll agree with those who say she dominates the blue cyborg. For this reason, he's packed Mileena to compensate for Cyber Sub-Zero's bad match-ups.

rrespiritu

Mortal Kom~what now?
1 word "AWESOME" fuck scorpion ima roll to CZub thx to pig of the hut, never new CZ was this good never fought anyone online that can parry inbetween strings or is not possible online? WTH still very cool vid man thanks again!!

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
1 word "AWESOME" fuck scorpion ima roll to CZub thx to pig of the hut, never new CZ was this good never fought anyone online that can parry inbetween strings or is not possible online? WTH still very cool vid man thanks again!!
It is possible to do online, you just have to know which strings you can parry and those you can't.

Cyber Sub is awesome fun. I've been playing him a lot recently. Switching between CSZ and Sub-Zero is a real headache however, because CSZ is very mobile and human Sub... well, the less said the better on that one, lol.

Warborn

Freebies for all
Dude this is one of the most informative videos I've seen. I mess with CSZ a bit here and there, this will really help my game. Awesome post!

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Thanks for the information, really helps!!!

also love you too lol

Thanks a lot man, I've been looking at adding Cyber Sub to my arsenal.

My only question is, whats the point of the bomb cancel? I know you explained it but I'm honestly kinda slow if you don't mind reexplaining (or if someone else can do it I'd appreciate it)

Thanks
Yea to be clear the opponent can definitely block after you connect u4 into med bomb cancel but what you do here is what makes it interesting. You dash in with 2 1, 2 or 2 1 1+2 or dash in w 33 ex free, or 34. Practice this and youll really start to love it. If you have any other questions id love to help

lol thanks man, yes all strings are parry-able online as well. just little harder.

Dude this is one of the most informative videos I've seen. I mess with CSZ a bit here and there, this will really help my game. Awesome post!
thanks buddy

NOTE to all: Really appreciate it guys, ill work hard on Part 2 and make it one video.

I talked with STORMS earlier and he wants me to finish part 2 or where i can make any corrections for post patch info that i might need to edit out and change. makes sense.

Give me a couple weeks and ill make part 2 really count as well. I want to include match up chart and discuss them individually, as well as other strings i didnt discuss, and everything else.

Thanks

Bidu

the CHILL of DESPAIR
Prodigy = For the win :)

thanks
I've been playing (human) Sub-Zero since day 1 of MK9 for months and months and sometimes I get bored of it. Other times I fell frustrated (playing against good players using Kabal, Noob, Kitana).

And I always felt like playing a 2nd char. Sometimes it's nice for the change's sake. Sometimes for counterpick. And you made the choice of who I'm going to be playing so, so easilly after I watch your vids. By far one of the best MK9 productions I've so far.

And PRODIGY........................... !!!

sumkindofdemon

Laughing Man
hey pig spoke to you at the atl tournament stream and i havent seen your video yet but by the looks of the comments i cant wait. im in the school library. and i dont have internet at home till thursday. lol but still gotta keep updated on the character forums. long live mk.

keep up the good work pig :3

Marcus

Mortal Kombat Philippines / Injustice Philippines
WOW. This seriously made me want to put Cyber Sub in my team. Very informative, Pig! Music was excellent too, what was used in the intro on the first vid?

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
I like the parry section, I tried to parry a Raiden mid string yesterday and got blown up. I will have to keep practicing that.

I like the 21, freeze, jip u4, mid bomb wiff reset, but people keep jumping out of it :grr:

All in all great vid man, I loved it. Cant wait to see part 2.