What's new

Question - Cyber Sub-Zero Cyber Sub-Zero...Is he too Strong? Brief Overview

Lokheit

Noob
Something that irks me a bit is why some characters can break universal rules like being able to cancel your backdash when the rest of the cast can't (that's HUGE and blows out a lot of strategies). That's not the only "design rule" broken by a KP2 character.

EDIT: It seems that the backdash he can cancel isn't his regular one but the B2 one, still he can special cancel without needing to hit while any other whiff can't, but at least it's not what I initially understood (being able to cancel "back back" mid dash), that would've been too much.

Last edited:

Ryu Hayabusa

Filthy Casual
Everyone looks good when opponent is not fighting back. Though one thing is for sure that other characters will be wasting their meter to punish CSZ only to fail.

Last edited:

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
wouldnt be suprized if divekick gets changed to a mid with the way his bombs working in this game haha
the price of divekicks have changed this time around it seems:DOGE

FROST_

KH | DsV BLOODxGOD
So, bombs and divekick should be mids. Ok.
I don't see how this character can be any less than broken. Tons of extremely stupid stuff
Yeah I guess so.... but this still looks dumb especially after they nerfed Quan because of this reason (well atleast he cant restand) but he can probably armour break everything with it... and if you delay get up he would recover from the Divekick by then

its early now but we see.
Lab to see defense against first 10 hours n already calling OD or nerfs smh

If the ever nerf him, i would say only change the dive kick to a mid to prevent otg "unblockable" setups. nothing else. He has good mobility, a lot of gaps, tons of stuff, hard execution and to get damage into setups. etc

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
Ok, when I get home I am going straight to the lab with Smoke & Cyber Sub.

One question though...how do you unlock Cyber Sub?

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
I was just thinking this lol.
Yun and yang were absolutely stupid initially (and in fact turned me off from SF for a while), but Capcom's overall track record really isn't bad at all.

In super, we got Adon, Cody, Dee jay, Dudley, guy, hakan, ibuki, juri, makoto, t hawk. All FAR from broken. Arguably all mid tier or worse.

In AE we got Evil Ryu, oni, yun, yang - only the twins were dumb. Remember evil Ryu was mediocre before ultra.

Then in ultra we got one broke character - elena - and four reasonable ones. And elena you can excuse because I think capcom legitimately had no idea how good she would be.

In MKX and Injustice well over half the DLC were broke on release. And the characters are OBVIOUSLY broken - I can not imagine someone designing Tanya and thinking her original version was anything but OP.

It doesn't compare at all.

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
The back-dash cancel is really cool. I wish that was a universal mechanic.

I'm not calling anything broken yet (as obvious as it seems to be), but wouldn't a mid bomb make more sense? You'd still be occupying space with a static launcher that you throw into the opponent's space. But to pair that with the overhead options (especially the divekick) seems like an odd choice for balance.

Quan Chi's bat is dumb, but at least a person could justify weak defense or whatever.

And once again, that back-dash cancel should be a universal mechanic. Fucking cool.

TheIrishFGCguy

Pew pew pew
Fuck this community tbh sometimes. You'll accuse the Subby players for being obnoxious while you work as hard as you can to get him nerfed. I hope you're all happy with the results when this character gets gutted.

Been out for a fucking day.
Yeah but, watch the video. Fuck nerf talk this early but the character does clearly appear to have some insane dirt.

Last edited: