What's new

Question - Cyber Sub-Zero Cyber Sub-Zero...Is he too Strong? Brief Overview

Lokheit

Noob
He has so much stuff that could've been used to help Cryo and UB (even proposed on their buff proposal threads plenty of times)... but they had to put a 4th variation for the first time so the fridge could return to remind us of the most forced story retcon of MK9... and on top of that make him much more viable than the real SZ...

RYX

BIG PUSHER
The consistently broken DLC is getting really old.

If I permanently switch to SF that will be the reason.

Huge kudos to NRS for the improved netcode but this broken DLC nonsense has to stop.

I don't even understand why they are doing it. I doubt it even affects sales, as casuals will not know a character's tier placement before buying them.
they're more concerned with making the dlc fun to watch and play

I am okay with that

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
He has so much stuff that could've been used to help Cryo and UB (even proposed on their buff proposal threads plenty of times)... but they had to put a 4th variation for the first time so the fridge could return to remind us of the most forced story retcon of MK9... and on top of that make him much more viable than the real SZ...
Let's not start these shenanigans...

rubmytaco

CarriedByClone
I don't see how this character can be any less than broken. Tons of extremely stupid stuff
He needs to be able to set up these traps safely, or else it will be more of a gimmic. However, he seems very solid so far. I think his divekick should probably be a mid though.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
robots are cooler than fruity men in spandex

Reactions: GAV

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
We'll have to see how he develops. I can see him being an offensive juggernaut, but having something wrong like bad defense or being meter dependent for reliable setups.
Bruh, he has fast armor, good pokes, and a Kano-tier special-cancelable backdash. Plus all of the setups shown don't require meter and since they hit twice armored wakeups are gonna get eaten up.

Not saying he's dumb, but come on. Where's his weakness?

THTB

It's not hard to be more viable than at least 2/3s of SZ variations even if CSZ isn't broken.
I get what you're saying. But honestly, for all we know, CSZ could be worse than that.

THTB

Bruh, he has fast armor, good pokes, and a Kano-tier special-cancelable backdash. Plus all of the setups shown don't require meter and since they hit twice armored wakeups are gonna get eaten up.

Not saying he's dumb, but come on. Where's his weakness?
Didn't know what he had for armor at all. Well scratch bad defense off the list lol.

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
Wow that looks stupid. It's amazing how a character with a billion tools like this gets the ok from NRS.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
But Forceballs dont hit low :p

plus i dont think Reptile can keep throwing out pounce with instant recovery
That's why I said adjusted. They have very similar tools where CSZ's are clearly the better ones. The only tool they share where Reptile is better is the 6f EX Slide punisher but why would you ever think about playing defense with CSZ anyway?

yea i think hes way too strong and versatile with no weaknesses at all, hes like quanchi mixed with hunter predator, very agile and good wakeups too

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Reo didnt even show off the bullshit you can do in the corner. If CSZ has the meter to burn, he can loop you for days. I'm guessing people will find ways to do it without meter too.

rubmytaco

CarriedByClone
Stupid? Yes, pretty much. But this isn't an eternal restand situation, right? 55% for a bar isn't that much more than what others can do. Just wait and see :)
By the way, what happens if you backdash that last setup, instead of using armor?