What's new

Question - Cyber Sub-Zero Cyber Sub-Zero...Is he too Strong? Brief Overview

REO

Undead
Reo how do you propose they change him.
I wouldn't nerf him because then you would have to nerf the other four DLC which are also retarded. Almost all of the DLC chars are on the level of pre patch MKXL characters which doesn't make sense to me as to why those characters who were top tier before MKXL even got nerfed to begin with.

TheIrishFGCguy

Pew pew pew
I wouldn't nerf him because then you would have to nerf the other four DLC which are also (soap bar in my mouth). Almost all of the DLC chars are on the level of pre patch MKXL characters which doesn't make sense to me as to why those characters who were top tier before MKXL even got nerfed to begin with.
Do you really think we won't see another balance patch? They've shown much more interest in MKX than previous titles and the support has been fantastic. They've already given us more patches than usual and even revamped the entire netcode post-launch. Not to mention the recent Krimson Ermac skin with proceeds that are supposed to support the tournament scene.
Maybe I'm being too optimistic but I can't see them not patching the game again, especially with the new characters and their potential to upset the balance.

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
Do you really think we won't see another balance patch? They've shown much more interest in MKX than previous titles and the support has been fantastic. They've already given us more patches than usual and even revamped the entire netcode post-launch. Not to mention the recent Krimson Ermac skin with proceeds that are supposed to support the tournament scene.
Maybe I'm being too optimistic but I can't see them not patching the game again, especially with the new characters and their potential to upset the balance.
They said this was the last big patch, I'm sure there will be another one just for adjustments to the KP2 characters however. Leatherface needs a mid dammit!

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
If the author of the OP wasn't REO you all would be hounding the OP to learn the matchup first. . Anyone who argues otherwise is a liar.
This line of reasoning falls flat when the post is backed by evidence. Also, when a top well known player comments on his own character being possibly too good, people listen. That said if he didn't make a well thought out post and video, more people actually would be saying it's too early for this.

Context is important. This isn't just a name complaining.

TheIrishFGCguy

Pew pew pew
They said this was the last big patch, I'm sure there will be another one just for adjustments to the KP2 characters however. Leatherface needs a mid dammit!
Ah okay. Well balancing out the KP2 characters if they turn out to be too much wouldn't exactly be a big patch, so hopefully you're right and they make small adjustments. I get the impression right now that several top players seem to think that one or more KP2 characters are quite ridiculous. It would be a sad end to MKX if they didn't because they've worked so hard to balance the game since release.

Wigy

There it is...
Yeah it's true. But it's also really early and we've been playing our mains for how long now?

I was playing a set with a decent smoke against my shitty cyrax and we were going relatively even, I switched to JASON and destroyed him, horribly. Give it time for us to get comfortable with the characters as well. They may be broken, but I don't think so. Only one I think even has that potential is CSZ. He is pretty ridiculous on paper.

Also correct me if I'm wrong but F2 is listed as a high while it's a mid. A great mid at that (especially for Cyrax, F211 string is my favorite)
F2 might as well be a high it gets low profiled so bad. Thats the shitty thing about cyrax, if i block a poke f2 gets low profiled if they poke again, d1 gets low profiled by a lot of pokes (lol) and absolutely no armour lol.

REO

Undead
Ah okay. Well balancing out the KP2 characters if they turn out to be too much wouldn't exactly be a big patch, so hopefully you're right and they make small adjustments. I get the impression right now that several top players seem to think that one or more KP2 characters are quite ridiculous. It would be a sad end to MKX if they didn't because they've worked so hard to balance the game since release.
Sektor, Cyber Sub-Zero, Smoke, Leatherface, and Alien are S tier. Bo Rai' Cho and Cyrax I feel aren't as complete as those five but they're still extremely good and right under them.

And I'm pretty sure I remember hearing NRS saying during a kombat cast that this was going to be the final patch.

REO

Undead
Maybe I should make a video on the other DLCs and explain why I think they're retarded. I'm not sure why I've been the only one posting just about everything I come across with who I'm using. I guess everyone is hiding shit for Final Round. But most of the dumb stuff is pretty obvious so it doesn't matter, lol.

zee

Icy
@YOMI REO You absolutely should. Your headlining videos make it seem like CSZ is the nastiest KP2 character by a mile because the others haven't received such attention. Tell it how it is in context of the other DLCs.

TheIrishFGCguy

Pew pew pew
@YOMI REO You absolutely should. Your headlining videos make it seem like CSZ is the nastiest KP2 character by a mile because the others haven't received such attention. Tell it how it is in context of the other DLCs.
Check out his Alien guide. He made a very detailed thread about Tarkatan and Rekka pressure, complete with video examples. It's really good but it seems people just glossed over it in favour of this thread, perhaps because the title of this one is more suggestive.

MadMagician86

This One is unimpressed
This batch of DLC does seem to be exceptionally strong and I would l love them to be tweaked a wee bit in the future. As to whether or not that happens who knows.

Ponkz

Noob
Maybe I should make a video on the other DLCs and explain why I think they're (soap bar in my mouth). I'm not sure why I've been the only one posting just about everything I come across with who I'm using. I guess everyone is hiding shit for Final Round. But most of the dumb stuff is pretty obvious so it doesn't matter, lol.
Lots of downplayers, god forbid people thought their Kharacters were cheap and if they are cheap they don't want everyone knowing about it and how to get around it.

Raiderhorn

White Lotus
Bo could use a mid too, but his d4 jail/vortex makes up for it. I'd say the same with Butcher Leatherface vortex and it's lack of mid

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
Maybe I should make a video on the other DLCs and explain why I think they're (soap bar in my mouth). I'm not sure why I've been the only one posting just about everything I come across with who I'm using. I guess everyone is hiding shit for Final Round. But most of the dumb stuff is pretty obvious so it doesn't matter, lol.
REO the only dude treating the forum like a forum.

TheKingsAutopsy

The Bow, The Bird
Sektor, Cyber Sub-Zero, Smoke, Leatherface, and Alien are S tier. Bo Rai' Cho and Cyrax I feel aren't as complete as those five but they're still extremely good and right under them.

And I'm pretty sure I remember hearing NRS saying during a kombat cast that this was going to be the final patch.
Cyrax has a 200% damage reset that can only be escaped by a 1 frame armor move, if they need CSZ they better grind Cyrax into sand

champdee

Noob
I dunno, I kinda just would like it to just let rock right now, he madd good.. he just seems like kinda lower damage setup character... maybe just make divekick a mid thats really it. Like I'd really like to see it in tournament

I dunno, maybe we was made for you @YOMI REO :) He is your favorite after all!

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
Not to say cyrax aint good but just putting this out there cause all the idiots wanting nerfs, hes very honest.
I agree Triborg struggles with low profiling, but I can't not call you out for saying Cyrax is honest lul.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Thank you for being a shining example of a community leader and what a top player should be.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
1. You can't even spell armor, so how do you know whether he has armor or not? lol

2. I guess I can't expect a Johnny Cage player to understand how slightly flawed mids can be used.

3. Quote where I said that I wanted him to get nerfed. You're downplaying a great mid, because you're clearly spoiled by the best mid in the game.

4. F1 and F4. How does this character struggle in footsies? 7 frame poke, so he struggles in poking? Spoiled BOYZ.
1. Armour is the English way of spelling it, so technically it's correct because you know, English the language is from England the country.

2. Triborgs F4 isn't a good mid, too many issues. Also I'm fairly certain it's not 10f, record smoke to do f4d1 ex smoke bomb into F4, then as Kung Lao do a reversal spin yourself, you'll beat the f4 clean.

So this means that either the smoke bomb isn't +8 or the F4 isn't 10f.

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
Tfw tier placings are called after 3 days. I'm not disputing that the DLC characters have some mad tech to them but as I've said numerous times give it some time. Remember when pre-buff Shirai Ryu Takeda and Outlaw Erron Black were considered top tier near launch?

Wigy

There it is...
I agree Triborg struggles with low profiling, but I can't not call you out for saying Cyrax is honest lul.
Fair enough i didnt know about the b2 bomb setup before that post.

Hes the only character in the game with NO special defensive option.

His teleport armour doesnt kick in til startup and he has nothing else; his pokes and fast mids get low profiled or are unsafe. NJP is shockingly bad, D3 has no range. His defence options are lacking. Aside from his b2 reset he is extremely honest.

If KP2 characters really do need normalized, I pray they release another balance tweak. The game was pretty damned solid and I would hate to see it lose support and be stuck with how the unpatched MK9 Kenshi bullshit destroyed 80% of the cast

Last edited: