What's new

Guide Cyber Sub-Zero Combo & Juggle Thread

JagoMIH

Noob
What's the damage on this without the jump punch? It's really hard to get the f+3,4 due to the stupid buffering system in the game. Getting the double dash without getting a ff+3 (bomb) is difficult. I want to see if it's worth the extra effort.
without jump punch starter its 36%. after you launch with the 2,1,1+2, dash forward, then take one step forward, and let go of the pad to neutral. if you wait just a fraction of a second, you should be able to 3 without the bomb coming out. an easier risk-free alternative to that combo is to end with f1,4, which only does 1% less or so

the jump kick, slide, jump kick combo, they need to be almost near the wall when they are frozen from the bomb. close enough that you can jump right after and do a deep jump kick near the ground on them, but not close enough that you end up jumping over them (you won't have time to reposition yourself)

Saviorself

Noob Saibot
new BNB...inspired by jago and swbeta

basic 2,1 freeze xx jumpin punch xx 2,1,1+2 xx dash~dash xx 2,1,1+2 xx b+2,2~slide

42 % damage i think

btw jago...sick sig...could you make me something similar?

dookieagain

Last Bastion of Arcades
What's the damage on this without the jump punch? It's really hard to get the f+3,4 due to the stupid buffering system in the game. Getting the double dash without getting a ff+3 (bomb) is difficult. I want to see if it's worth the extra effort.

I'm also having issues with your jump kick, slide, jump kick combo.

Has anyone tested Cyber for safe attacks? I just started messing with him today. He has okay damage and some decent strings, but it depends on how safe they are as to how useful they'll be.

(that's NRS for a terrible practice mode so I can't test anything by myself)
From watching REO with him at PowerUp I'm pretty sure the 3,3,2 and 3,4 strings are safe. 2,1 might be doesn't feel safe, seems better as a punish/jump in sorta thing. Ex-Dive kick is supposedly hard/impossible to punish at a certain height, but yeah without a viable practice mode that's not realistic to find. I'm having a friend over tonight and I'll try to test these along with some Stryker stuff.

SWBeta

TYMCP 1 and 2 Creator
From watching REO with him at PowerUp I'm pretty sure the 3,3,2 and 3,4 strings are safe. 2,1 might be doesn't feel safe, seems better as a punish/jump in sorta thing. Ex-Dive kick is supposedly hard/impossible to punish at a certain height, but yeah without a viable practice mode that's not realistic to find. I'm having a friend over tonight and I'll try to test these along with some Stryker stuff.
2,1 is safe on block, and so is 2,1,1+2. 2,1 looks like -1 on block and 2,1,1+2 looks even on block. Being -1, it's not advisable to start an offense after 2,1 is blocked. Best post-block options are block, d+3, or buffer Ice Parry if you know your opponent likes to hit buttons.

@Saviorself: I'll test that combo a little later. Is that combo midscreen or midscreen to corner?

frown

Noob
I've been playing around with Cyber Sub, and as for combos. It's looking like I'm going to try to end all combos with Slide. Because this is the only move that prevents rolling and gives you more time than other moves to move in and continue the pressure.

Ending strings with a move like f+1, 4 puts you at so much disadvantage that the damage doesn't seem worth it. Especially if you whiff, the recovery on that string takes ages.

So for bnbs I'm looking at 3, 3, 2, (link) slide and 3, 4, (link) slide. Now the opponent can still delay their wakeup after a slide. So I need to break down the options after a slide. So far it's dash up then string or block, jump forward, bomb, or sweep/dive kick (close) in to address delayed wakeup.

Carter

Noob
I've more or less come to the same conclusion as frown. Everything but a slide seems to be too risky, and F+1, 4 honestly seems like you get up at the same time as your opponent after the finish.

frown

Noob
I have a question. This is regarding 2, 1 xx freeze. Are you guys able to Hit confirm it?

If not, is a blocked Freeze punishable? I would assume so since most projectiles seem punishable on block in close range in this game.

I'm only able to hit confirm it off a jump in. It seems like the window to cancel isn't enough.

edit: Nvm, I'm able to hit confirm off the first hit, but not the second. I wish this game had a random block, or a better training mode for that matter.

Btw, I'm thinking of gathering frame data for this game (just Cyber SZ atm). I have the means to capture the video, but I was wondering if anyone had a sure fire method of gathering the frame data. Right now I'm thinking along the lines of doing a string blocked or hit and having both chars hold up as the string ends.

As for determining active and recovery, that's where I'm lost.

SWBeta

TYMCP 1 and 2 Creator
It's hard to hit confirm 2,1 before freeze, but possible with practice.

Freeze on block is punishable with a full combo.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

zYn

Noob
I'm semi confused as to why REO didn't put out any combos into ice ball for 30-40% combos?

I know dive kick is good and a safe way in, especially if you know how to angle it for it to be safe on block. Yet everytime he was able to punish with a combo, he did a simple 4-5 hit ending with ice slide for ~20%. I understand that it's always better to be safe than sorry, but why didn't he output some higher setups?

I am confused.

SWBeta

TYMCP 1 and 2 Creator
I'm semi confused as to why REO didn't put out any combos into ice ball for 30-40% combos?

I know dive kick is good and a safe way in, especially if you know how to angle it for it to be safe on block. Yet everytime he was able to punish with a combo, he did a simple 4-5 hit ending with ice slide for ~20%. I understand that it's always better to be safe than sorry, but why didn't he output some higher setups?

I am confused.
According to stream commentators, REO had learned CSZ not even a full day ago before he played. That may be why.

dookieagain

Last Bastion of Arcades
According to stream commentators, REO had learned CSZ not even a full day ago before he played. That may be why.
That's not actually true. I was there and talked to some people who said he's been playing CSZ since day 2. I think it may have been the fact that this character wasn't his main, but he obviously knew those other combos. He did Jago's 40% combo at one point.

Dunxco

Teleport Uppercut!
Haven't had much time to experiment with it (plus I am tired as hell right now), and the timing is super-tight on this, but...

... You can follow 2,1,1+2 with a dash > njP for an extra ground bounce.

Go into practice mode. Give it a try. It's doable. The timing is tight as all hell but you can do it from midscreen.

dookieagain

Last Bastion of Arcades
Guess I either misheard or stream commentators were misinformed.
No I heard that too on stream, but I talked to some people close to REO and they said he'd been toying with him for a while. It's cooler if it's a day old character though so it makes sense that's the story we'd want. :)

xxvic1ousxx

Awake and Dreaming...
Mid Screen
  • 2,1,1+2, j.1 xx fDK (whiff), 1,1,2xx Ice Bomb (22%)
  • 2,1,1+2, j.1 xx fDK (whiff), 3,3,2 (link) Slide (26%)
  • 2,1xx Ice Ball, jump in 2, 2,1,1+2, j.1 xx fDK (whiff), 1,1,2xx Teleport (31%)
  • 2,1xx Ice Ball, jump in 2, 2,1,1+2, j.1 xx fDK (whiff), 1,1,2xx Slide (33%)
  • 2,1xx Ice Ball, jump in 2, b.3,2 (link), b.2,2xx Slide (32%)
Just tossing some ideas out there. I have more, but most are just different variations of the above. Sorry, if these have already been mentioned.

The Blacktastic

OBS Supporter
I don't know if you guys can call this viable or not, but it's pretty good damage with no meter (or effort).

Just a simple, effortless X-Ray combo.

This one, I like since you start this combo from CySub's overhead string.

Last one for a while. A pretty easy, really damaging X-ray corner combo.

I just picked CySub up like an hour ago so I'll be sure to find more things out.
And thanks to everyone else who contributed videos already.

Error Macro

It April yet?
So whats the best no meter corner combo so far?

I'm using 2,1 freeze, dash back, jump in with punch, 3,4 3,4 3,4 3,3 slide. Does 47% no meter in two parts.

Midsreen I am finding this pretty useful against ppl with weak escape/wakeup options.

2,1 freeze jump in punch, 2,1 1+2 then forward 4. Only does like 30% but they will be in the corner or very close.

The Blacktastic

OBS Supporter
Here with a fresh batch of combos for you guys.
Again, the basis around these is trying to find combo opportunities for every situation, not just combos that start with '2,1xxfreeze'

Simple punish off of freeze bomb.

Another punish off of freeze bomb, this time with no meter.

This is a midscreen combo off of his overhead string, '3, 4'.

The last one for today is a combo off his low-high string, 'Back+2, 3.' Highly unsafe on block, though. Lol.

Corner combo: j.:fp/:bp, :bp:fp xx Ice Ball, j.:fp/:bp, :bp:fp:fp+:bp, nj.:fp/:bp, :bk, :r:fp:bk - 45% no meter.

Timing is weird for the last few hits, if the final combo string only hits once on the kick, you get 41%. You can do :fk:bk after the :bk listed in the combo, then you can land either :fk:fk or a :bp, unsure of any others. I tried a couple of times to do :fk:fk xx Slide as the ender to this alternative, but I couldn't get it myself.

I haven't been able to get any X-Ray combos past 56%

KingKuma

Noob
So whats the best no meter corner combo so far?

I'm using 2,1 freeze, dash back, jump in with punch, 3,4 3,4 3,4 3,3 slide. Does 47% no meter in two parts.

Midsreen I am finding this pretty useful against ppl with weak escape/wakeup options.

2,1 freeze jump in punch, 2,1 1+2 then forward 4. Only does like 30% but they will be in the corner or very close.
That corner combo is pretty sick. It's not even that hard to pull off.

Midscreen I'm using this:

2,1 freeze, 2, 1 1+2, forward jump punch (hit them in the air), dive kick (whiff), land, 3,3, 2, slide.

It does around 37% I think and it is not hard to pull off. It's in one of the videos previously posted.

best mid screen I've seen was posted earlier in this thread.

2,1 freeze, jump in 2, 2, 1, 1+2 dash, dash 2, 1, 1+2, dash b+2, 2, slide.

Kind of difficult to time the dash dash 2, 1, 1+2 but it does the most damage AND ends in a slide for good follow up pressure.

You can see REO do this combo w/o the freeze opener here : http://www.justin.tv/savepointgamingtv/b/285471491 about 30 seconds in.