What's new

Tech Cross-up/Non Cross-up mix-up

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGMD

Noob
Duuuuuuuude. This is the best stuff I've seen for Lobo.
Does it work off of every B3 though? By which I mean, after a combo like b2u1, 113, toss, b3 <will it work here?>
It works from 113 and 12 or 3 (all into toss), only timing for jump is changed a bit for each...
after further testing I find it easier to roll after 113... but if they don't roll they have like single frame for wakeup, mashing doesn't work
you can totally dumbfuck your opponent if he decides to wake up in panic when you land, and go for bigger punish or blockstring

Cage Redfield

You still playing Lobo or did you put him down? Haven't seen any posts from ya in awhile. Just thought I'd check. =P

I play him still, I just haven't had much tech to post lol. I actually posted yesterday that forward dash can actually duck certain overheads mid-dash in the GD thread.

I've also been spending time playing RPGS or trying to find a secondary I'm content with (kinda messed around with Ares and GL, probably gonna go with GL).

BGMD

Noob
So this is just a couple of little tidbits from the top of my head, so it doesn't get lost in random threads before patches roll in.
You may want to incorporate some in your game, if you're not aware of them.
  • ambiguous corner cross up after raw Party crasher - from post 347 - 359
  • wakeup reversal corner tech - thread, video
  • max damage combo with safe trait activation ender (good if in corner) - post

BGMD

Noob
^ this is so cool

I'm wondering if you could do same thing utilizing background bounce, something like b2u1, b1, bounce, b3, b12, charge for full meterless.

Now I'm very curious, GrandTid

Since B12 xx hook charge is a character/distance specific link on its own, is that also the case for this tech? Like, you're doing it on Catwoman in the video. Can this be done on Green Arrow/Lex Luthor/Scorpion/WoWo? Those characters are very specific on where you have to hit them/if you can hit them at all.

BGMD

Noob
I'm wondering if you could do same thing utilizing background bounce, something like b2u1, b1, bounce, b3, b12, charge for full meterless.
so b2u1, 1, bounce, b3, b12, hook charge works 36(40 trait) %
Those characters are very specific on where you have to hit them/if you can hit them at all.
Looks like in every one of these setups hook charge misses Hawkgirl. But hey, what's new?

Can this be done on Green Arrow/Lex Luthor/Scorpion/WoWo?
Yes/yes/yes/yes.
Doesn't work on new 52 Lobo, he's too skinny.

One thing I've noticed it's not as consistent if you hit them with b3 at highest point.

Cage Redfield

Sorry about the late reply. As BGMD said, this does work against everyone. The reason I chose Catwoman in the video is because I find her the most difficult for it to connect. You have to delay the b3 until she almost touches the ground for it to work. I find the timing isn't as strict for the other body types, although I haven't tried it against Hawkgirl.

Disaster FX

Boom Bap Dragon
I sadly inform you all that this tech no longer works in v1.06. The increase in start up from 16f to 13f makes the MB Hook Charge whiff after B12 on hit.

Hey rio here long time lobo player first time poster. This tech is still around to some degree I have found a 1.06 setup. It works but the timing is weird. F+3(close to opponent), D+2, MB Hook charge when they are at the apex of the launch. It's awesome. The old tech worked because of the slower startup. I figured more height was needed and after a while boom now viability In a match is up for debate haha

random question: To those of you that have the patch, can this be applied to the mid-combo B12 xx Hook Charge setup? I'm talking about normal Lobo bnb, b3, instant b12 xx hook charge. Reason I ask is because the juggle on that is different from a raw b12.

Also, to follow through with Rio's discovery of F3, D2, MB hook charge as an alternative, can we do something similar off of Czar Toss MB, or B2U1 > D2? Much appreciation to the person that answers.

video of one new application also this is early lab footage so I get it right at first but I also mess up a bit hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.