What's new

Tech Cross-up/Non Cross-up mix-up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fooled around with Back 12 xx MB Hook Charge and tried to get some sorta setup from it for the entire day, came up with this. As an added bonus, it dodge's Scorpion's wakeups so yay for that.

I'm not sure if empty jump Back 12 xx MB Back 3, combo is worth doing in this mix-up, but it could make it stronger and harder to block. You also cannot backdash it/wake-up (I think?) from it, so that's another plus. Yay for lobo stuffs.

If this was already known tech, then I apologize for wasting y'allz time and it could be locked or whatever~

I can confirm that Lobo gets this for free against big bodied characters like Lex or Bane. No MB Charge required.

Chaosphere it's altering the time of your jump, but you can time the non-cross up jump earlier than I did in the video. You can't backdash this mix-up, but you can wake-up. Lobo can train the opponent to not wake-up, so I'm content with it.

DesuBlade

Augmented Wallet Squeeze
Damn. Good shit. Now I have to abuse that as much as I can. Does this also work on the Small Hitbox characters(KF, Batgirl, Nightwing, GA, etc)?

Damn. Good shit. Now I have to abuse that as much as I can. Does this also work on the Small Hitbox characters(KF, Batgirl, Nightwing, GA, etc)?
This does in fact work on the smaller characters, did it on GA at least. I'm kinda in the middle of a set with wonder_chef, but it worked on his GA so yay

Another mix-up starting from the same setup

Basically, you can mix it up between: Another cross-up diveface, Czar Toss MB, or Back12 xx MB Back 3 into your BnB of choice. You can also be a dick and do Back 12 xx MB Hook Charge and do it all over again.

With this addition, you have to be wary of either the ambiguous cross-up set up AND the instant overhead cross-up that leads to whatever Lobo fucking wants.

triple post like a mufucka

You can get this setup meterless with Back 2 Up 1. It's sacrificing the huge damage from Back 2 Up 1 BnB's, but if the reset hits, it's 75%
EDIT: disregard this entire post, if you hit this setup, it's 75% or near it anyway lol i'm an idiot

In the same vein as the Back 12 setup, I have recently found that you can apply the same setup to Lobo's BnBs.

The timing for the cross-up/non cross-up is different from Back 12 xx MB HC, so don't go about it as if it's exactly like that. As a bonus perk to this, none of it is clashable at all, so Lobo has unclashable enders for his combos now (if you are willing to spend 2 bars for such short damage from a conversion). This setup takes up two bars, so it's pretty costly, but the damage is Lobo-tier so do it.

As for the bonus setup after that, that is something I found on accident the other night. If your opponent does not tech roll after Back 12 xx HC, you can toss them for free. They cannot jump, it's just like your standard meaty czar toss setup but easily escapable.

Reactions: RYX

BGMD

Noob
it's relatively easy to tech roll b12 xx HC, way way before you even start inputing toss, and then they are full screen again
I've been playing with something recently, but been a little of the game recently due to life, so I haven't done any excessive testing

how about b12 xx 4 (reload) - a similar setup but while reloading you can actually see them rolling, this gives you free dash into option
no tech roll - straight toss, bait wakeup...
tech roll - quick dash forward into; 1 xx toss, d1 xx toss, straight toss...
if they like to wake up/reverse after roll, dash xx block then punish (Superman's low scoop, Lex's corpse charge for example), depending on character d1 stuffs some wake-ups

please give your thoughts if this is good or I missed something

Gobblerr

Noob
Good stuff. I don't know why I didn't see this before. I'm going to start trying this on people next time I play.

stuff vs players that don't roll

Yeah, that setup (mine) isn't really the best thing to do for non-roll setups. Like I said in my post/the description for my vid, it's something that's easily escapable and was found totally on accident during a session with a friend. I haven't looked into any setups that really punish people hard for not rolling, but since people are mashing wakeups when they get knocked down 98% of the time, it doesn't seem like it's worth the lab time imo. Especially when you take in the fact that Lobo's preferred combo enders (Hook Charge, MB space hook, low hook) are untechable knockdowns that don't allow the opponent to roll at all.

BGMD

Noob
Here is something else that I did a couple of times, it really catches people off guard

you do your standard b2u1 113 MB toss b3 (39%) then you delay your jump forward and while landing right next behind them quickly buffer input for another toss into 38%

Gobblerr

Noob
Here is something else that I did a couple of times, it really catches people off guard

you do your standard b2u1 113 MB toss b3 (39%) then you delay your jump forward and while landing right next behind them quickly buffer input for another toss into 38%

Good thinking! I'm also going to start doing some of these. Keep the tech comin!

BGMD

Noob
Here is the video of this setup, as well as one for Shazam
thanks I would record it myself, but I don't even have a potato
looking at the video, I think 113 toss is better option that 3 toss, it slightly alters the gravity in your favor so you don't have to delay your jump by that much... Lobo just slides next to their body, a bit harder to see and yields more damage

combined with b12 HC setup, Lobo can take 100% of life with 3 bars

thanks I would record it myself, but I don't even have a potato
looking at the video, I think 113 toss is better option that 3 toss, it slightly alters the gravity in your favor so you don't have to delay your jump by that much... Lobo just slides next to their body, a bit harder to see and yields more damage

combined with b12 HC setup, Lobo can take 100% of life with 3 bars

I only did 3 xx Toss cuz I was lazy =p But this is true, if you do 113 xx Toss, it makes it a bit dirtier when you perform this.

Status
Not open for further replies.