What's new

Criticize my Reptile

To finish off combos? it's the most useless thing in the world. Reptile has 2f3,1+2, 321 invis/forceball,mickey mouse jump,njp to exsfb.... why would anyone use 321 slide?.
312? Wut
sorry *321* slide. is good because its a mix up. and idk if you know this or not. but mix ups are good

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
sorry *321* slide. is good because its a mix up. and idk if you know this or not. but mix ups are good
During pressure for sure, but I meant using it to finish a combo. Because he did that in the video. Watch the videos, they're good. What's up with the hostility?

CYracks

Command Grabber
bullshit its cancer. if you land it once they will respect it the whole round. now after 312 u can repeat the string or stagger it. random slide is good.
Yeah, random slide makes characters like: CSZ and Sub Zero better. Why can't it improve reptile's game?

Seapeople

This one's for you
I'll just leave this here...

I was definitely having an off day here but that's alright. I kind of threw anti airing & counterpoking out the window, among other things. Can anybody give me some feedback and criticism please?
Showtime MITDJT THTB STB Chongo Treadmill Joker8417 Cossner @Every other Reptile except Muffin.

MrTopper doesn't really main Liu Kang or Mileena by the way...I'll try to upload some videos of his Cage soon because that's definitely his best character. He generally beats me about 80% of the time no matter what :p

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
- If you catch them in the air with the 321 to ed to 321, I wouldn't waste that bar, because the damage you get is pretty low. I'd rather 321 -> ed -> 321 xx sfb.
- You should antiair moar lol
- Mileena's U4 is 27 frames... So don't let it catch you lol, you can elbow dash out or just standing 1 her in the vagina.
- Around 5:00 you did a corner combo that was like wat and it didn't work. What were you trying to do?
- I'd just let go of block for a sec to make the sai's whiff but whatever.
- I d3 to cross up a lot, and I think that's actually a mistake... mileena could antiair you with a ball roll, and a lot of characters can punish you. I'd recommend not jumping afterwards...
- Mileena's ex teleport kick, you need to block it crouching the first kick then standing the second one (or was it the other way around? I can't remember it's 4:15 in the morning you can test it out in training lol) to punish it.
- Nice pressure and all. I love you.
- I really need to sleep. I can't sleep. Kill me.

@Every other Reptile except Muffin.

Seapeople

This one's for you
- If you catch them in the air with the 321 to ed to 321, I wouldn't waste that bar, because the damage you get is pretty low. I'd rather 321 -> ed -> 321 xx sfb.
- You should antiair moar lol
- Mileena's U4 is 27 frames... So don't let it catch you lol, you can elbow dash out or just standing 1 her in the vagina.
- Around 5:00 you did a corner combo that was like wat and it didn't work. What were you trying to do?
- I'd just let go of block for a sec to make the sai's whiff but whatever.
- I d3 to cross up a lot, and I think that's actually a mistake... mileena could antiair you with a ball roll, and a lot of characters can punish you. I'd recommend not jumping afterwards...
- Mileena's ex teleport kick, you need to block it crouching the first kick then standing the second one (or was it the other way around? I can't remember it's 4:15 in the morning you can test it out in training lol) to punish it.
- Nice pressure and all. I love you.
- I really need to sleep. I can't sleep. Kill me.
Thanks for the help. Yeah I was definitely jumping too much and not AAing enough.
@5:00 minutes I have no idea why I ended the combo like that...definitely should have gone with the reset in that situation.
And yep it's the other way around on ex telekick. Block the first hit standing and second hit crouching :)
Go to sleep!

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Don't play Mileena from so far away. A good Mileena will easily react to your projectiles and make you freeze up on them, thus allowing them to sai all day. This builds meter for EX teleport. You don't want that. Duck-dash the sais, and play vs her d4 with your own, throwing in a b4 once in a while to stuff hers and potentially get her to wait. If you can get a life lead, Mileena's in a pretty blah spot.

As for Liu Kang, definitely try going for throws more often. The more you give yourself opportunities to get the screen cluttered, the better this matchup will be. Backthrow is actually amazing for this matchup due to that. And Liu Kang's options vs SFB on wakeup are not the best at all. Play the matchup around getting knockdowns.

In general, probably spend less meter on EX dash and EX slide. Reptile has just about everything with meter, which is good, but EX SFB is far and away your best meter option, period. The other options are there for occasional use.

I'll just leave this here...

I was definitely having an off day here but that's alright. I kind of threw anti airing & counterpoking out the window, among other things. Can anybody give me some feedback and criticism please?
Showtime MITDJT THTB STB Chongo Treadmill Joker8417 Cossner @Every other Reptile except Muffin.

MrTopper doesn't really main Liu Kang or Mileena by the way...I'll try to upload some videos of his Cage soon because that's definitely his best character. He generally beats me about 80% of the time no matter what :p
We play so similiar its scary.

#IamMuffinMuggers