What's new

Criticize my Reptile

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
1) 321 slide is cancer. Don't use that shit lol
2) Online is cancer. Just sayin'
3) I don't like using slide in my mixups, it makes it super unsafe and it can be punished with a huge combo.
4) 32b4 is kinda ass. b4 is fine because it gets through lows but in a string is kinda useless.
5) Xray wat.
6) I have no idea how to play against Sonya so I can't really give any advice. Just pick Kenshi lol

Otherwise yeah, pressure is great and stuff, now it's just matter of learning the MUs and getting used to hit confirming correctly.

Oh and prepare to drop everything offline. If you get too much used to online timing it'll take a bit to get used to offline. Not only combos, but even d4 to acid hand will be hard.

Also this:

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Staggering 1221 with things like: 1, 12b1, 122 Acid hand, are probably better mix-up options. b1 I believe is nuetral as well, has good reach, and can catch people off-guard.

F2 is good and should be used, as should F3.

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
-_- Someone should really give him a serious answer.

Wow, big improvement dude. Dat shit be craycray.

Anyways, it's pretty good tbh. Your pressure is outstanding, and you have some solid zoning. The only thing I can say is don't get too greedy with the d1s, it'll blow you up offline.

I guess it's just experience and MU exp you gotta learn now. Also, depending on the MU, and how often you use it, be weary of using 32b4.

Great stuff! Chongo Is Free

YOMI Reno_Racks

I have a dream...
There was a shit ton of lag so I had to dumb down my combos and pressure but Chongo played well none the less. I can vouch for his execution because that lag was pretty bad at times and he barely dropped anything. He also managed to antiair my crossups and jumpins with that kind of lag which illustrates how well his reads are. I think he's pretty solid but for anyone who's judging him I would say to take into account the ass ton of lag he was having to play through. Hey Chongo GGS Pimp

Seapeople

This one's for you
Oh and prepare to drop everything offline. If you get too much used to online timing it'll take a bit to get used to offline. Not only combos, but even d4 to acid hand will be hard.
I totally agree, I don't even play Reptile online anymore. I would have to change all my combos and set ups just to cope with lag.

I haven't watched the matches real closely yet, but Cossner seemed to cover it pretty good. I'm not super familiar with Rain or Sheeva anyway so I probably can't help much

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
My biggest thing is that you don't hit confirm 3,2,1. You have two places where you should know when to cancel into acid hand or when to cancel into the dash NJP bnb. I only watched 7 min. and counted about 6 times where you would land the 3,2 and then go into something else. Always assume that the 3 will hit and adjust to when it doesn't.
Small things tunr into 45% combo's.

Ninjy edit: Freaking quality of the pvr is amazing. And you have levled up... for sure. Good stuff. Keep that in mind :)

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
STB Charliemurphy is not allowed watching this video, he steals my sheeva combos, or so he said, not like he couldn't figure out 3 hit combos anyways. But it's the principle.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
STB Charliemurphy is not allowed watching this video, he steals my sheeva combos, or so he said, not like he couldn't figure out 3 hit combos anyways. But it's the principle.
Low grab setups...... so sexy. you can get more damage if you do the low throw... b2 1+2 fireball i believe.... so there WE EVEN

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
They both do more damage than my easy set up's but are pretty unreliable from my experience. Au_Digimon tried it only once during his GGA Jeremiah vs him matches and he dropped it and he's a way better Sheeva than me.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Staggering 1221 with things like: 1, 12b1, 122 Acid hand, are probably better mix-up options. b1 I believe is nuetral as well, has good reach, and can catch people off-guard.

F2 is good and should be used, as should F3.
I never understood why people insisted on using 122 x Acid Hand instead of 1221 that leads to a combo. Sure, Acid Hand is -4 and has better pushback but the pushback on 1221 is enough and only 6 frames slower.No one's going to punish that.

Espio

Kokomo
They both do more damage than my easy set up's but are pretty unreliable from my experience. Au_Digimon tried it only once during his GGA Jeremiah vs him matches and he dropped it and he's a way better Sheeva than me.

They're not unreliable, I was doing them a bunch yesterday online. It just requires a bit of practice to get it down pat. Digi also hasn't been playing as much lately(not making excuses for him by the way).

Chongo Is Free will be watching these and giving feedback, no time right now, but your Reptile is awesome from the bit I've watched :).