What's new

General/Other Council of Sub Mains

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Haha. Nah. You can't put down a game like MK9, and in particular a character like Subzero, for as long as I have and expect to be able to just pick it back up and be able to compete with people that are actively playing the game everyday. I still have alot of matchup info and stuff floating around in my head but that's about all. Its been months since I played MK9. You guys carry the torch for SUBZERO now.

But tune into the VSM royal rumble tommorow. We are trying to get as close to 30 players as we can, so Im sure Phil and I will have to be jobbers lol. Should be quite humourous. Maybe il even job with Sub.
watch me carry the torch in europe on a console where only 5 decent opponents play on

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Haha. Nah. You can't put down a game like MK9, and in particular a character like Subzero, for as long as I have and expect to be able to just pick it back up and be able to compete with people that are actively playing the game everyday. I still have alot of matchup info and stuff floating around in my head but that's about all. Its been months since I played MK9. You guys carry the torch for SUBZERO now.

But tune into the VSM royal rumble tommorow. We are trying to get as close to 30 players as we can, so Im sure Phil and I will have to be jobbers lol. Should be quite humourous. Maybe il even job with Sub.
toss someone over the rope ya?

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Its funny because I think every person here... who would actually want to fight thsi mirror...... simply just wants to fight Tom. I don' t think a single person wants to prove anything. Well.... maybe that Ice puddles are cool (haha).
Wish there was more of this going around. Less chest beating and more ... "I want to fight you because you're freaking good and I need that challenge".

Oh and yeah. Rob probably knows this more than anyone. Poor Rob. Gaining all that mirror knowledge. I bet you could still whip us just on swag.
I feel something in this post is about me. :p

But like you said, I don't want to fight Tom to win (sure that'd be sick), I just want to play the best sub-zero out there and hopefully learn something along the way.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
STB CharlieMurphy two 9-1 match ups? Hey, blue Kenshi is not a separate character!
three equally skilled players went into a room. SZ, Kenshi, and Kabal.

SZ came out with a total of 2 wins.

Those two characters absolutely rape SZ. If Kenshi had a spirit clone.... he'd be SZ. Kabal beats him on all parts of the screen.
A mediocre Kabal would probably beat you in a ft10 just because the character is just so much better than SZ.

lets just call a spade a spade. No shame. Just makes you look like a fucking man winning.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
If you want to discuss further, the MU thread is probably going to be the best place; but I will say this.

Kabal is easier to handle once you get him in the corner. But the key to that is always paying attention to Kabal's meter and planning accordingly based on that meter, as well as laying down the correct ice clone traps that's been discussed in the Bradycasts of old.

I still label this as 7-3 Kabal. A tough 7-3.

Edit: I was trying to find the archive for a tournament back in June where I beat GGA Soonk in tournament 2 - 1 using a rough draft of what I described up above. However, while there's still other footage of that GGA event, the actual MK 9 tournament seems to no longer be there... :(

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
If you want to discuss further, the MU thread is probably going to be the best place; but I will say this.

Kabal is easier to handle once you get him in the corner. But the key to that is always paying attention to Kabal's meter and planning accordingly based on that meter, as well as laying down the correct ice clone traps that's been discussed in the Bradycasts of old.

I still label this as 7-3 Kabal. A tough 7-3.

Edit: I was trying to find the archive for a tournament back in June where I beat GGA Soonk in tournament 2 - 1 using a rough draft of what I described up above. However, while there's still other footage of that GGA event, the actual MK 9 tournament seems to no longer be there... :(
D4 clone in the corner rapes flash parry