What's new

Coronavirus (Covid-19) Discussion

Ontario has declared that they're starting to reopen their economy as of this coming Tuesday, and are in Phase 1 of their three Phase plan.

Of the businesses that are allowed to re-open, Television Post Production Facilities are one, and that's part of my company. I've heard no one will be going back early next week, but that's all I know, so I'm waiting to find out if we'll be partially re-opening, and when.

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
When your community is unquarantined, DO NOT BE STUPID AND GO OUTSIDE AS IF IT WERE A NORMAL DAY
The Virus will just have a wave 2 if you do that
stay 6 feet for a few more weeks, do NOT go to restaurants and concerts and Moto-cross GP races or any thing with lots of people.
I REPEAT
DO NOT ACT LIKE IT IS A NORMAL DAY, BE PATIENT, WAIT ANOTHER WEEK OR TWO, THE VIRUS WILL HAVE A WAVE 2 BECAUSE PEOPLE ARE STUPID ENOUGH TO BELIEVE THE END OF THE QUARANTINE S THE END OF THE VIRUS

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
When your community is unquarantined, DO NOT BE STUPID AND GO OUTSIDE AS IF IT WERE A NORMAL DAY
The Virus will just have a wave 2 if you do that
stay 6 feet for a few more weeks, do NOT go to restaurants and concerts and Moto-cross GP races or any thing with lots of people.
I REPEAT
DO NOT ACT LIKE IT IS A NORMAL DAY, BE PATIENT, WAIT ANOTHER WEEK OR TWO, THE VIRUS WILL HAVE A WAVE 2 BECAUSE PEOPLE ARE STUPID ENOUGH TO BELIEVE THE END OF THE QUARANTINE S THE END OF THE VIRUS
I am 90 percent sure people will act normal right when the quarantine is lifted, people will still be sick so please do our world a favor and do Not go crazy at crowded areas

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
I would like more antibody testing to be done, the virus being as infectious as it is, I feel there is a good chance that a TON of us have been infected but asymptomatic.
Sounds like they are still sketchy right now. Hopefully before long they will be available and reliable/trustworthy.

I'd really like one personally. When things first started getting locked down I suddenly had a lot of trouble breathing and a few nights of sweating. I felt fine otherwise and I saw two doctors that think it was an asthma flare up. Only one week was really bad, but 2 months later I still don't feel like I did before. I have to use all my meds just to limp along and before I just needed to kind of take them casually and some almost never.

Something shifted for me, and now I can't even follow up because my insurance was obliterated by the situation we are all stuck in. It would be kind of nice to know if I'm this way because of it or not. I'm either more or less vulnerable depending.

Never been worried about getting sick before, but makes me a little paranoid. I don't know that I would actually get help if things got bad, because how do you afford staying in a hospital for days and days out of pocket without being a millionaire? I've got enough reserves to try and wait some of this thing out. I'm hiding about as hard as I can for the time being.

I am 90 percent sure people will act normal right when the quarantine is lifted, people will still be sick so please do our world a favor and do Not go crazy at crowded areas
Here in my Province, Social Distancing is still to be maintained. Stores that are being permitted to open are only permitted so many customers inside at once, employees and most customers are wearing PPE, restaurants are not permitted to do more than take out or delivery yet, and concerts and large events are still a no go and will be for a long time, they say.

Here, they're not trying to get back to normal, but rather get the new normal on track.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
RIP, have them all. Was hoping for Odysee to be on sale.
I hate odyssey, it is a more grindy barebones Origins. I also don't see the point of having a game with characters that pre date Bayek, because I actually like the Assassin stories. Also bitter because Bayek and Aya deserved a sequel more than non-characters with no traits.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I hate odyssey, it is a more grindy barebones Origins. I also don't see the point of having a game with characters that pre date Bayek, because I actually like the Assassin stories. Also bitter because Bayek and Aya deserved a sequel more than non-characters with no traits.
Well I said that and guess what it’s on special so I bought it. Never played it before, the last one I really enjoyed was Black Flag and Unity had some cool elements to it.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Yep! The story, the scenery, Edward was just really great. I feel like they made him more distinctive than all the others.
I think that almost every character has something that makes them stand out, even if a lot of them are similar, or have a lot of revenge plots. Edward was cool because he wasn't even an assassin until the end of the game. Ezio is probably the best because he has the most development a we play him young, in his prime, and old. Bayek is awesome, Altiar is obviously up there too. Arno is really underrated imo. Connor is fine. Regardless, I think all of them are better than each other at something and each main assassin could kill each other and win a battle royale scenario against each other depending on the setting or situation.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Apparently, some people are trying to abuse ADA and HIPAA regulations to get away without using face masks by flashing this card:

Here is some information in case anyone encounters such a person:
  1. No, HIPAA doesn't prohibit places from asking about a claimed medical condition. That only applies for doctors and insurance companies.
  2. HIPAA has some rather broad exemptions in the case of public health emergencies (such that both the President and the Secretary of DHHS have declared).
  3. The ADA only stipulates that "reasonable" accommodation be made, and does not assume all accommodations are in fact reasonable (for example, it would be unreasonable for someone with quadriplegia requiring an electric wheelchair to request boarding on a historic "dinner train" kitted out to conditions circa 1938 which cannot be retrofitted with modern train wheelchair lifts).
  4. The ADA also acknowledges there are some disabilities for which reasonable accommodations can't be done simultaneously (such as someone requiring a seeing-eye dog and someone with severe dog allergies, or...wait for it...some Karen who feels claustrophobic wearing a mask and someone with an immunodeficiency like lupus). Usually the ADA goes with "accommodate them separately".
  5. There is a very good legal argument that stores actually provide this accommodation to both groups--"elderly and people with immunodeficiencies" hours for people with conditions like lupus, and home delivery and curbside delivery services for people who can't be arsed to wear a mask.
  6. In cases where you are requesting ADA accommodations, a company CAN in fact ask limited questions about a disability for purposes of accommodation, especially if the person requesting an accommodation has specifically self-identified as having a disability. (The classical example being with service animals; a "service animal" is a dog or horse specifically trained to provide a service (guiding, alerting, retrieving for people with physical disabilities, seizure/PTSD/autism "alert and protect" service where the animal is trained to get its user somewhere sat down and Safe, etc.). Because of people abusing the concept of "support animals" to bring in an untrained yip-dog or exotic pets into the store*, now store-owners can ask "What service is this animal trained to perform?") Likewise, the store CAN offer a reasonable accommodation like curbside delivery.
  7. There is actually a specific exemption in the ADA that states no company is liable for a violation of the ADA for an action it's required to take by another law or regulation--and yes, this includes "mask orders" passed as part of public health regulations. There is also a very specific exemption in regards to control of infectious and communicable diseases, and a third exemption for any person whom can be considered a "direct threat"--that is, "significant risk of substantial harm to the health or safety of the individual or others that cannot be eliminated or reduced by reasonable accomodation" (note: Covid Karen refusing to wear a mask because Reasons would qualify; just as stores are not obligated to permit Psycho McStabby the ax murderer to go shopping with his personal Support Machete because of a dual diagnosis of psychotic disorder NOS and antisocial personality disorder, they're not required to allow a potential plaguebearer admittance, ADA or no).
*Often an overlapping set with the average Covid Karen refusing to wear a mask and making a bogus ADA complaint.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
The counties Sheriff department for the city I live in said "Don't expect us to enforce pandemic orders". This is the same county a woman got her son to shoot a security guard in the back of the head for telling her she had to wear a mask. We also have 12 more days on lockdown.

The counties Sheriff department for the city I live in said "Don't expect us to enforce pandemic orders". This is the same county a woman got her son to shoot a security guard in the back of the head for telling her she had to wear a mask. We also have 12 more days on lockdown.
Michigan? Cause we had a shooting in Flint over a mask.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Who could have seen this coming??????!?
https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/comments/gkwumz "There are now 45,198 confirmed cases of COVID-19, the illness caused by the virus, according to the Texas Department of State Health Services. That is an increase of 1,347 cases from Thursday to Friday. The new numbers have not yet been recorded for Saturday.

Last Friday, the daily case increase was 1,219."

Last edited:
“VACCINE
OR NO VACCINE

WE’RE BACK!” Lmao what’s that movie with Luke Wilson in it? The one where everyone is stupid? I feel like we are living it right now lol.
The movie you're thinking of is Idiocracy.

Personally I feel like it's worse than that, South Park is no longer a satire making fun of the insanity of real life, it's a stylized documentary. What was the final straw that made me feel like this? The toilet seat licking challenge.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I would like more antibody testing to be done, the virus being as infectious as it is, I feel there is a good chance that a TON of us have been infected but asymptomatic.
I feel like that's a big possibility. And because of the changing seasons, a lot of people have common colds so it's hard to tell. Do you go get tested and risk getting infected at the hospital? or do you ride it out and quarantine yourself?

I still don't see the reason they're reopening everything. it seems so dangerous and careless.

I feel like that's a big possibility. And because of the changing seasons, a lot of people have common colds so it's hard to tell. Do you go get tested and risk getting infected at the hospital? or do you ride it out and quarantine yourself?

I still don't see the reason they're reopening everything. it seems so dangerous and careless.
I'm not sure for Quebec, but here in Ontario they have a self-assessment tool on the Government's website. If it suspects you have the virus, it'll tell you to call TeleHealth Ontario and follow their instructions, which often are to direct you to a testing centre.

Of course, if you're having difficulty breathing, you're to forgo all of that and head strait to Emergency.

And yes, things are opening too fast, even though progress is being made. We're simply going to need to lock down again after massive spikes in a month or so and almost start from scratch, instead of waiting another month or so and getting properly through this.

E

Eldriken

Rub water and soap on the lenses. I know it works with like full-face helmets so it should work on glasses.
Definitely trying this. I hate when my glasses fog up. "FOG VISION ONLINE!"

THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO IMPROVE MY VISION, NOT IMPAIR IT. >=O >=O

Yeah...I've hated this for a long time.