What's new

Coronavirus (Covid-19) Discussion

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
If only more people did this but almost don't, also one not listed nobody sick should be flying and seems as if people are doing that more at least since planes are nearly empty. Just read a story where one guy was on a plane travelling. I also know this since my best friend's sister is a flight attendant.

On the supplies front sadly most are selfish or panic get gallons of water, soups, toilet paper, etc all I care about mostly is hand sanitizers. Minimum of 60% but go higher if you can find some. I have one portable that's 70% but they go up to 100% I've never seen one past 70% however.

The mainstream media will always blow up everything to "apocalyptic level" no matter the network.

Where I am there's 1 reported case but the guy is quarantined in his own hospital bed with mild symptoms. Though about 90 something in my city most if not all quarantined to their homes or hospitals.

Another thing the MSM won't tell you is MOST people from kids to 40 at least will survive it and have as you get mild symptoms then fight it off on your own. The people most at risk are people in their late 50s to 100 and those with compromised immune systems, health issues obviously have to be more careful. It seems that age makes a big difference with CV from everything I've read.

Hopefully us or Israel etc will find a vaccine asap because a year from now which they predict will take at least that long imo is way too long. I get that shit has to be tested, cultures all that be but a year to 17 months? That's a long time...

Some even call it the Chinese virus as I've read in some places. Just think if we didn't have airplanes for travel this wouldn't have spread worldwide at least not this quickly. We must act fast and appropriately not like China who let this thing out and has majority of the worldwide deaths from it like over 2,000 which is insane...

stokedAF

casual kahnage
People aren’t hoarding supplies for themselves and their families well being.

They are hoarding supplies for profit because people are people.
Bingo lol. I heard amazon was banning the sale of hand sanitizer because of the price gouging going on. Can you imagine the kind of scum that would do that? There’s enough of them to shut down products apparently. Sad.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
LCQ makes a little more sense now does it?
What? Canceling LCQ at the last minute, or at all, still doesn’t make any sense. All the players interacted with one another anyway. Because, spoiler alert, most of them were already there. The “we’re worried about the players health” is a bullshit copout. Canceling the live audience for Final Kombat also didn’t make any sense. Especially considering the fact that they did let a lot of people in on a weird “invite only” type of entry. If you weren’t one of the “cool kids”, you didn’t get in. That entire situation was a mistake.

So no, it doesn’t and probably never will make “a little more sense”. But, nice try at least.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
Money and attention are the roots of all evil.
Humans are the root of all evil and half of it is nature. Money is what keeps us from killing each other, ironically. A necessary evil I guess. Free trade is much better than war. As a free market dude I don’t blame currency for shitty people lol. They chose to exploit fear for easy money. Drug dealers for hand sanitizer? Lmao awful human beings that don’t account for most of us.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Humans are the root of all evil and half of it is nature. Money is what keeps us from killing each other, ironically. A necessary evil I guess. Free trade is much better than war. As a free market dude I don’t blame currency for shitty people lol. They chose to exploit fear for easy money. Drug dealers for hand sanitizer? Lmao awful human beings that don’t account for most of us.
It's sad that some people take advantage of every opportunity even in a crisis situation or pandemic....I guess there are real life Kanos in the world.

I read an article in nyc and nys at least, they're having more purell shipments as well as help from prisons to make it with 75% alcohol. I have always carried hand sanitizer around with me, my friend thought I was nuts just OCD. I bet hes not laughing now.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Wanna take bets Evo gets canned next?

they publicly stated that they will not cancel unless ordered to by the government or the venue closes or something.

That was a while ago... but yeah... I think it is still an option. It should be noted that E3 on March 2nd said there was no way it would be cancelled.. Also, Japan is a hair from being added to the no fly/entry list for America... Capcom has already pulled Pro-Tour events from events that haven't cancelled like NCR.
https://dotesports.com/fgc/news/capcom-removes-brussels-challenge-norcal-regionals-and-april-annihilation-from-2020-capcom-pro-tour-due-to-coronavirus-concerns

Last edited:
Ive made 2 topics a while ago which both got closed

Im just telling ppl, dont trust anything WHO or CCP says,
check out Guo Miles, China in focus ntd and koreana jones on youtube
to see what is rly happening in china and around the world.

REYTHEGREAT

The media is spreading fear and panic. While Covid19 is something we should all take seriously, do your own research and stay away from the clickbaits and most of the media.

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
The media is spreading fear and panic. While Covid19 is something we should all take seriously, do your own research and stay away from the clickbaits and most of the media.
This goes both ways.

You have health dept officials and scientists and epidemiologists saying to take this seriously and outlining certain measures that are proving to slow the spread.
And you have an administration that takes pride and relishes in lying about every single aspect of reality for the last 4 years telling you everything is okay, do not worry.

Which side do you think the truth is closer to?

Context:
How canceled events and quarantines save lives in one chart

Last edited:

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
don't bother... "do your own research" is the cat call of the moron.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
This should be taken seriously, please do not spread conspiracy theories and stupid shit. Real people are dying all over the world.

I think it's right to take these measures cancelling events. Because maybe most of the people there aren't on the risk group, but they can get infected and become carriers.

I know it looks sad to see these events cancelled, but lives come first.

portent

Noob
If you're in the US and you can't afford the insane cost to get tested, go give blood. They have to test your blood for free and it will detect the virus. #AmericanHealthcare
Honestly, this is my biggest fear regarding this is that I live check to check, with nearly no room for loss of any income. I have a decent health insurance, but I still can't afford the lost time at work. I've been researching and will continue to research and make inquiries regarding unemployment benefits if I lose any income from it.

BTW, I'm not infected, nor am I in an area where there are any concerns, etc. The fear and panic, however, is everywhere and it's beginning to affect everyday lives like with school closings, business closings, event closings all causing loss of work for people.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
I'm in the red zone in Italy and we can't leave home if not for very good reasons, so basically to fight the boredom literally every one's making corona virus memes.

Shit's hilarious! Every time I look at my group chats I lose it. I'm calling it now: if I don't die by virus, I die by laughter.

I've been appointed the Health and Safety Manager for my company's Toronto office, specifically to monitor COVID-19 here.

I will say that misinformation and fear are a big issue right now. My recommendation is for people to follow official reports from their local, provincial/state, and federal government to keep track of the spread in your area. If, for whatever reason, you do not trust your local government, the World Health Organization would be the next best bet.

The precautionary measures posted at the beginning of this thread are excellent as well; proper hand washing is one of the biggest things that you can do.

For my own part, I have a compromised immune system and I've been doing much of these precautions for years now, and it's always helped with conventional illnesses for me.

Also, my company announced that New York City has now declared a state of emergency, and the Mayor is advising people to stay/work from home.