What's new

Coronavirus (Covid-19) Discussion

Their venom doesn't even have to be injected, just dropping it on human skin causes the flesh to burn away and die. It's that potent.

Honeybees can't catch a break
They sort of did, we found out what was killing them eariler was some kind of fungi. And they were making a recovery. These hornets are the last thing they need.

Hot_DNA

Noob
hope everyone I staying safe! I finished 2 games, read 4 books (and ordered 5 more), I could live the whole year like this tbh bring it on. Except you know, I hope that those who do get it will recover!
I feel the same way hahaha... im not working and my job is still paying me... So I'm just playing MK and eating food... Only thing is, I'm a workout addict and I'm gaining weight :(

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
Their venom doesn't even have to be injected, just dropping it on human skin causes the flesh to burn away and die. It's that potent.

They sort of did, we found out what was killing them eariler was some kind of fungi. And they were making a recovery. These hornets are the last thing they need.
I'm not sure where those sources are from but the people who have died typically are stung more than 40 times which doesn't classify on the LD-50 chart as even a single "X" . Now if we take something like the Taipan, and then were to evenly distribute 1 drop of it's (primarily) neurotoxic venom to 125,000,000 mice, there would be no survivors.

I could also place it on my skin or in a Rum and coke and it will have no effect unless there is a cavity or open wound allowing it into the bloodstream as this is how venom works, it must be injected thus the highly evolved venom apparatuses we can see across the world ; Jellyfish have barbed tentacles, Scorpion's "tail", a fish's dorsal or pectoral spines, the platypus has spines on the feet,.... even the Spitting Cobras MUST get the venom "inside you" where it causes blindness untreated.

Once this powerful cocktail of enzymes and proteins are in your blood, they start to affect different organs depending on the type of venom - Hemotoxins attack the blood cells and cause necrosis, inflicting unfathomable pain and agony. Cardiotoxins are especially dangerous and affect the heart and work very fast. Neurotoxins shut down your synapses which send messages from the brain to the rest of the body triggering movement. The cause of death is almost always respiratory failure.

I made this point so people can understand the properties of venom and how it works and never in my life have I heard of a venom that affects the skin itself, and i can vouch that i have personally had venom with a much higher level of toxicity both on my skin and IN my bloodstream. 1 does absolutely nothing, the 2nd will make you wish you were dead even if it doesn't kill you.

Hopefully after reading this (i apologize for not investing more time in the post), people will understand it a little better, realize there's nothing to panic about unless an entire nest attacks you or you're allergic. You should still be much more afraid of the Africanized Honeybee, a deadly and extremely aggressive hybrid that has plagued the U.S. for decades now.

Finally, while these dangerous invasive species are almost always a problem on every continent they've been introduced to, i hope people can understand extirpating something that is NOT supposed to be there and is destroying the ecosystem it has taken over as opposed to people just killing something because it has the potential to be dangerous or aggressive or "may come across as a little scary".

You'll have to search specific for other species and familia but here is an easy to read chart for snakes:

Last edited:

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I'm not sure where those sources are from but the people who have died typically are stung more than 40 times which doesn't classify on the LD-50 chart as even a single "X" . Now if we take something like the Taipan, and then were to evenly distribute 1 drop of it's (primarily) neurotoxic venom to 125,000,000 mice, there would be no survivors.

I could also place it on my skin or in a Rum and coke and it will have no effect unless there is a cavity or open wound allowing it into the bloodstream as this is how venom works, it must be injected thus the highly evolved venom apparatuses we can see across the world ; Jellyfish have barbed tentacles, Scorpion's "tail", a fish's dorsal or pectoral spines, the platypus has spines on the feet,.... even the Spitting Cobras MUST get the venom "inside you" where it causes blindness untreated.

Once this powerful cocktail of enzymes and proteins are in your blood, they start to affect different organs depending on the type of venom - Hemotoxins attack the blood cells and cause necrosis, inflicting unfathomable pain and agony. Cardiotoxins are especially dangerous and affect the heart and work very fast. Neurotoxins shut down your synapses which send messages from the brain to the rest of the body triggering movement. The cause of death is almost always respiratory failure.

I made this point so people can understand the properties of venom and how it works and never in my life have I heard of a venom that affects the skin itself, and i can vouch that i have personally had venom with a much higher level of toxicity both on my skin and IN my bloodstream. 1 does absolutely nothing, the 2nd will make you wish you were dead even if it doesn't kill you.

Hopefully after reading this (i apologize for not investing more time in the post), people will understand it a little better, realize there's nothing to panic about unless an entire nest attacks you or you're allergic. You should still be much more afraid of the Africanized Honeybee, a deadly and extremely aggressive hybrid that has plagued the U.S. for decades now.

Finally, while these dangerous invasive species are almost always a problem on every continent they've been introduced to, i hope people can understand extirpating something that is NOT supposed to be there and is destroying the ecosystem it has taken over as opposed to people just killing something because it has the potential to be dangerous or aggressive or "may come across as a little scary".

You'll have to search specific for other species and familia but here is an easy to read chart for snakes:
Wow, you know a lot about this. Is it related to your line of work?

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
Wow, you know a lot about this. Is it related to your line of work?
Not as of the last 5 years but i still like to stay fresh. I can elaborate more but was already afraid there were going to be a lot of people getting bored and TLDR's. Working with snakes and venomous (or poisonous; the 2 are quite different) has led me to fairly extensive study of venom, it's composition, effects on organisms, and occasionally it's benefits.

I can assure there's some toxic critters out there but i don't see any reason to fear the Japanese Giant Hornet's venom at this point bar the 2 reasons i mentioned. There are venoms so powerful that death can occur for a human in 8 hours to 8 minutes and you do NOT need to be allergic.

As far as Arthropods go, the Brazilian Wandering Spider and the Deathstalker Scorpion will make you remember to wear your Shitting Pants

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
Beware before you click, this shit makes a few hornets seem like a splinter

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
They are accused of killing Calvin Munerlyn at the Family Dollar on Fifth Avenue in Flint on Friday, May 1.
Munerlyn was working as a security guard at the store when he was shot in the head. He was transported to Hurley Medical Center where he was pronounced dead.

The shooting stemmed from an altercation between Munerlyn and a woman, Leyton said.
The woman, who is also facing charges in Munerlyn’s death and is in custody, entered the Family Dollar with her daughter.
Witnesses told investigators Munerlyn and the woman got into an altercation about not wearing a mask in the store.
Surveillance video shows the woman leaving the store immediately after the altercation. About 20 minutes later is when the two male suspects entered the store, Leyton said.

One of the suspects started yelling at Munerlyn and the other one shot him, Leyton said.
Both suspects then left the store. They remain at large and are considered armed and dangerous.
Investigators reviewed the woman suspect’s phone and saw she called one of the suspects between the altercation and the shooting.
All three suspects are facing a first-degree premeditated murder charge, along with other charges.

Sounds like she called them to come punish him for enforcing the mask requirement. They were so concerned about freedom that they threw the rest of their lives away instead of wearing a fucking mask in public (which is to protect other people, not even themselves).

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
So apparently people are getting angry at others who wear PPE in public, mainly masks? Like, if you yourself don’t want to wear any PPE to protect yourself from the virus, that’s your choice. But why get angry at others who do? Not just angry, but threatening physical violence too? Heard all of this on the radio this morning, they were talking about a few stories where this occurred.

Can someone explain why you would be upset at someone else wearing a mask? To be clear, I’m not asking why you choose not to wear a mask or why someone would choose not to wear a mask. I’m asking what reason could you POSSIBLY have to get upset at someone else wearing a mask?

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
My understanding is Venomous = it bites you, and poisonous = you bite it. So, venomous snake, poisonous mushroom, for example.
In a nutshell, yes. There may be a few grey areas of confusion like when it comes to venom being sprayed into the eyes... Well wait a minute, why isn't that poison? I can spray Lysol in something's eyes and it's still going to have a very unpleasant effect... the basis is that not all poisonous material is venom but all venom IS POISONOUS.

there are also poisons that can just be absorbed into the skin causing any number of effects, most commonly localized irritation such as Poison Ivy, Oak, Sumac.... Yet we can also absorb radiation in a similar manner.

The easiest difference is certainly the way you were taught to remember but we could go a step further and add that "venom" is 100% all-natural, produced by plants and animals via years of evolution while poisons are everywhere and can be man-made and occur naturally as well.

Last edited:
So apparently people are getting angry at others who wear PPE in public, mainly masks? Like, if you yourself don’t want to wear any PPE to protect yourself from the virus, that’s your choice. But why get angry at others who do? Not just angry, but threatening physical violence too? Heard all of this on the radio this morning, they were talking about a few stories where this occurred.

Can someone explain why you would be upset at someone else wearing a mask? To be clear, I’m not asking why you choose not to wear a mask or why someone would choose not to wear a mask. I’m asking what reason could you POSSIBLY have to get upset at someone else wearing a mask?
Right, that's it, I'm gonna file for a conceal and carry permit. If people wanna kill themselves oh well, if someone wants to take me down with them they're in for a rude awakening.

Because they think the virus is a hoax and that people wearing the PPE are perpetuating fear in”muh MURICA.”

Last edited: