What's new

Coronavirus (Covid-19) Discussion

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
Well let me lay it out for you again. You're defending the guy who said,

1 - dont give power to liberals or lefts and i mean NEVER not even for digital media or games , they r fascists with crap agenda...
2 - if u wanna know the TRUTH stop palying games and read !!! about everything , dont be bias toward money or selfish about money ,sex, power & status, and u can save people from this doomed world.
3 - maybe things will get better maybe will be like mad max , just wait and prey.

#ChinaLiedPeopleDied"

Am I correct? He's clearly unbiased lol
I messaged that user 1 on 1 and warned him accordingly. Stay on topic please.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/new-chinese-data-asymptomatic-coronavirus-cases-could-help-world-response-n1173896

Has anyone here actually had the virus? Been asymptomatic? I've developed small symptoms over the past few days and I think I'm just fine but I'm concerned that I could infect others. They are thinking that asymptomatic cases have less risk at spreading it which makes common sense, but they say you can still spread it and that it's something they still need to properly research.

So you can join a terrorist organization, which is targeting a nation and taking numerous innocent lives, and move your family there to live with them, but if a strike targeting the organization hits your family, it's the fault of the government that is trying to protect itself from the organization you represent.

I'm not buying it.

I think war, or any kind, is extremely unfortunate and deplorable. But if you're going to join a group of terrorists or killers, then you've already made your bed.
The US is responsible for the collateral damage that their strikes cause. That's not a radical idea. I don't really know what else to say about it if we can't both arrive to that. II'll try to bow out of this for the sake of other posters wanting on-topic conversation

@Marinjuana I technically know one person who has the virus, she's a former neighbour of my parents whom moved away several years ago. Otherwise, no.

What my doctor has recommended is if you develop cold symptoms, stay home and do not leave (so self isolate) until the symptoms resolve themselves, or get worse (in which case you seek proper medical attention based on the standards and practices of your country and region).

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/new-chinese-data-asymptomatic-coronavirus-cases-could-help-world-response-n1173896

Has anyone here actually had the virus? Been asymptomatic? I've developed small symptoms over the past few days and I think I'm just fine but I'm concerned that I could infect others. They are thinking that asymptomatic cases have less risk at spreading it which makes common sense, but they say you can still spread it and that it's something they still need to properly research.
This follows the same logic as any other disease, honestly. Some people may get a weaker strain (or less of it) when they contract it or somehow just not be as affected by it due to their immune system, yet they still are carriers of it. They may not cough as much as those badly affected, but those minimal coughs are still very much infected.

This danger of asymptomatic people spreading it, combined with the insanely long 14+ day gestation period, is what worries me most about the virus. Even if the world gets a handle on the major hot spots of the virus, there's no telling how many people could still be carriers without knowing. For example, there's the guy who had minimal symptoms but is most likely single-handedly responsible for over 15 direct infections and 3 deaths as he went to a funeral and a potluck, hugging people at said funeral and sharing food at said potluck. He had such minor symptoms at the time that he didnt think it was COVID so he thought nothing of it. Terrifying.

PLEASE stay home, people. Dont get guilted into going to church or some family event, dont go out unless it's for needed errands, don't go hanging with friends.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I would have to go back and search the articles on Yahoo, but I have read that 50% of those inflected with the coronavirus experience no symptoms whatsoever, which is what is genuinely frightening about this pandemic. Someone could get infected and feel nothing. Someone else could get infected and barely survive. The other half experiences symptoms of varying degrees, but 90% of them have underlying conditions such as asthma, diabetes, high blood pressure, etc.

aj1701

Noob
Yes, he was actively involved in trying to execute attacks against the US and US interests. And kidnappings. And he was a trainer of suicide bombers.

He was targeted because he was deemed an 'imminent threat', in those exact words.
"Trying to execute?" That not imminent. You and Obama can think that, but you're wrong.

aj1701

Noob

I know some people that had similar symptoms, but this was back in Feb, so who knows. One of them had a really stubborn "pneumonia," but they could never get a positive test on what it was and all the drugs they gave him didn't really help at all... so, I think its likely he had it, but we'll never know.

It seems like up to 25% of people can have it and not show any symptoms at all, so the total number of cases is probably much higher.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
"Trying to execute?" That not imminent. You and Obama can think that, but you're wrong.
He was involved in terrorist missions that killed people and took lives. And was actively plotting and training people for more.

That’s why he was bumped up in status, and I don’t see how you can possibly argue that it doesn’t constitute ‘imminent threat’.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
So, how about that Coronavirus? Maybe @CrimsonShadow @aj1701 and @M2Dave can take this convo into PMs?
Agreed. Once again, been very busy. And I just got terrible news today about my cat (he has cancer), so haven’t been able to really visit TYM too much or read many threads. This thread 100% got out of control.

Agreed. Once again, been very busy. And I just got terrible news today about my cat (he has cancer), so haven’t been able to really visit TYM too much or read many threads. This thread 100% got out of control.
Dude, very sorry to hear about your cat! Is it treatable at this point?

As a pet lover myself, and having nearly lost my pet (turtle) in 2018, I know how awful such feels.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
1000s dead... but sick cat!!! Ok.. now this thread is getting sad! I hope everything works out Juggs... I would be a wreck if my kitty went away : ( ....

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
The good news is that a variety of places have hit their peak.. A couple of countries have started to open things back up (mainly in Asia).

It's going to be a bit for a lot of us in Europe and the Americas, but at least we can see the light at the end of the tunnel, even if it's way off in the distance.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dude, very sorry to hear about your cat! Is it treatable at this point?

As a pet lover myself, and having nearly lost my pet (turtle) in 2018, I know how awful such feels.
No. It’s in his mouth in the upper part. He went in for surgery today on his teeth for extractions. And that’s when they found the cancer. Completely unexpected. All we can do now is make him as comfortable as possible for as long as he’s willing to fight!

I know this was a long time ago and I try to move on and forget it but it keeps popping up in my head. Someone, I can't remember who, posted in this topic how their friend surprised them with how callous they were, saying this virus will take out the weak.

I wanna say, Stephen Hawking lost the abillity to move or talk without the aid of a machine, but he has probably made more contributions to soceity in a day with his scientific theories, and maybe help improve the quality of life as we explore space more & more after his death, than any fuckwit with that mentality will in their entire life.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I know this was a long time ago and I try to move on and forget it but it keeps popping up in my head. Someone, I can't remember who, posted in this topic how their friend surprised them with how callous they were, saying this virus will take out the weak.

I wanna say, Stephen Hawking lost the abillity to move or talk without the aid of a machine, but he has probably made more contributions to soceity in a day with his scientific theories, and maybe help improve the quality of life as we explore space more & more after his death, than any fuckwit with that mentality will in their entire life.
That was me, and that was my friend who said it. It blew my mind. Because this is a good friend, a good person, and a reasonable person. To have someone like that to say that in the first place is so bizarre and out of place. But to say that knowing FULL WELL that I have multiple family members with immunocompromised immune systems? Speechless. Seriously, I still don’t understand why he said that.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
2100+ died in us today in last 24hrs, according to the new in AU... that is fucking insane.

That was me, and that was my friend who said it. It blew my mind. Because this is a good friend, a good person, and a reasonable person. To have someone like that to say that in the first place is so bizarre and out of place. But to say that knowing FULL WELL that I have multiple family members with immunocompromised immune systems? Speechless. Seriously, I still don’t understand why he said that.
Yeah, the past 5 years have been rough for me too. I can't look at my..."blood relations" I'll call them, the same way again and had to kick out my last two friends for going off the deep end. I seriously think one of them might become a shooter, dude was showing off a bunch of assault rifles he has to me and even his brother whose a security guard is unnerved. I've thought about getting a gun in the past for protection and never got around to it. Now I just might, I've lost my ability to trust people anymore. Even the ones who were supposed to be there for me have failed me. It's weird, I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone, seeing people I thought I knew say and do things I never would have thought in a million years. I just can't look at them the same way again.