What's new

Coronavirus (Covid-19) Discussion

aj1701

Noob
You say "killed US citizens" as if the point was to kill random people. The incident you're referring to involves a terrorist. If we allow police to shoot people who post a threat to others' lives, why would we not allow the military to target a terrorist who is a US citizen but has moved abroad in order to threaten the US?
The police are only allowed to if there's an imminent threat; that is someones life is in immediate danger if they fail to act. A terrorist overseas doesn't meet that level. That's the difference. Someone planning to pose a threat to someone's life wouldn't be killed, they'd be arrested.

This man along with a lot of the WHO leadership belongs in prison. They covered up a lot of the truth behind the corona virus so they could become enriched by the Chinese Communists.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
The police are only allowed to if there's an imminent threat; that is someones life is in immediate danger if they fail to act. A terrorist overseas doesn't meet that level. That's the difference. Someone planning to pose a threat to someone's life wouldn't be killed, they'd be arrested.
An overseas terrorist doesn't count as an imminent threat? Wtf.

He was a member of Al Qaeda who was directly participating in attacks against the United States. I can't follow this line of reasoning.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
He was a member of Al Qaeda who was directly participating in attacks against the United States. I can't follow this line of reasoning.
Where is your source?

Here is mine.

The website above that leans left states that the individual in question "was not accused of any crime." In fact, the article claims that the ACLU, which is no conservative organization by anyone's standard, "filed a lawsuit in U.S. court against CIA and military officials" over the deaths of American citizens abroad.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Where is your source?

Here is mine.

The website above that leans left states that the individual in question "was not accused of any crime." In fact, the article claims that the ACLU, which is no conservative organization by anyone's standard, "filed a lawsuit in U.S. court against CIA and military officials" over the deaths of American citizens abroad.
Accused of a crime? Al Qaeda is treated as a war enemy.

Next you will ask if Bin Laden was formally charged in a court, or why they didn't just show up with an Interpol warrant and arrest him in 2001.

aj1701

Noob
An overseas terrorist doesn't count as an imminent threat? Wtf.

No, it doesn't. What he actively attacking the US when he was killed? Look up what the word imminent means, then you'll understand the reasoning.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
No, it doesn't. What he actively attacking the US when he was killed? Look up what the word imminent means, then you'll understand the reasoning.
Yes, he was actively involved in trying to execute attacks against the US and US interests. And kidnappings. And he was a trainer of suicide bombers.

He was targeted because he was deemed an 'imminent threat', in those exact words.

Last edited:

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
As a heads up apparently COVID-19 relief stimulus checks should be going out soon, and those with direct deposit set up from their previous tax returns it may already be added to your account, supposedly the rollout has started

https://www.forbes.com/sites/zackfriedman/2020/04/09/stimulus-check-dates/#2ac53d53588c
https://waysandmeans.house.gov/sites/democrats.waysandmeans.house.gov/files/documents/Rebate Portal.pdf
I hope this gets to and helps any of you guys who need it!

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Accused of a crime? Al Qaeda is treated as a war enemy.

Next you will ask if Bin Laden was formally charged in a court, or why they didn't just show up with an Interpol warrant and arrest him in 2001.
That article concerned 16 year old Abdulrahman aw-Awlaki, not his father, Anwar. Reportedly, Abdulrahman was killed by a drone strike that he was not the target of, the administration claimed he was collateral damage. Anwar was targeted and killed in a separate drone strike a couple weeks before. Both were US citizens. "Anonymous officials" later revealed the the target of strike that killed Abdulrahman was apparently Ibrahim Al-Banna, who was still alive as of 2014, three years after the drone strike.

Tens of thousands of strikes with no transparency and a callous disregard for collateral damage. This needs to be talked about more, as it's going to continue under Trump or Biden.

https://www.thebureauinvestigates.com/projects/drone-war

And in my opinion, this talk about imminent threat is the same justification that the Trump administration pulled out after killing Soleimani. The executive branch always stretches the word until it has no meaning. Stay safe everybody

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
US government should declare the drug cartels in Mexico and the Congo and stuff as terrorists and start carpet bombing them and assassinating the leaders. I wouldn't shed a single tear.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
So it's alright for him to say hateful things about 16 bit, to the point where he was banned. Got it. And he clearly wasn't biased at all in what he was trying to say. 10-4
Unless the English language has changed DRASTICALLY since i learned to read, that certainly doesn't look like what I typed when you just quoted me

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
That article concerned 16 year old Abdulrahman aw-Awlaki, not his father, Anwar. Reportedly, Abdulrahman was killed by a drone strike that he was not the target of, the administration claimed he was collateral damage. Anwar was targeted and killed in a separate drone strike a couple weeks before. Both were US citizens. "Anonymous officials" later revealed the the target of strike that killed Abdulrahman was apparently Ibrahim Al-Banna, who was still alive as of 2014, three years after the drone strike.

Tens of thousands of strikes with no transparency and a callous disregard for collateral damage. This needs to be talked about more, as it's going to continue under Trump or Biden.

https://www.thebureauinvestigates.com/projects/drone-war

And in my opinion, this talk about imminent threat is the same justification that the Trump administration pulled out after killing Soleimani. The executive branch always stretches the word until it has no meaning. Stay safe everybody
So you can join a terrorist organization, which is targeting a nation and taking numerous innocent lives, and move your family there to live with them, but if a strike targeting the organization hits your family, it's the fault of the government that is trying to protect itself from the organization you represent.

I'm not buying it.

I think war, or any kind, is extremely unfortunate and deplorable. But if you're going to join a group of terrorists or killers, then you've already made your bed.

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
Unless the English language has changed DRASTICALLY since i learned to read, that certainly doesn't look like what I typed when you just quoted me
Well let me lay it out for you again. You're defending the guy who said,

1 - dont give power to liberals or lefts and i mean NEVER not even for digital media or games , they r fascists with crap agenda...
2 - if u wanna know the TRUTH stop palying games and read !!! about everything , dont be bias toward money or selfish about money ,sex, power & status, and u can save people from this doomed world.
3 - maybe things will get better maybe will be like mad max , just wait and prey.

#ChinaLiedPeopleDied"

Am I correct? He's clearly unbiased lol

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
Well let me lay it out for you again. You're defending the guy who said,

1 - dont give power to liberals or lefts and i mean NEVER not even for digital media or games , they r fascists with crap agenda...
2 - if u wanna know the TRUTH stop palying games and read !!! about everything , dont be bias toward money or selfish about money ,sex, power & status, and u can save people from this doomed world.
3 - maybe things will get better maybe will be like mad max , just wait and prey.

#ChinaLiedPeopleDied"

Am I correct? He's clearly unbiased lol
What the FUCK does that have to do with what I said????!!!!

M2Dave

Zoning Master
US government should declare the drug cartels in Mexico and the Congo and stuff as terrorists and start carpet bombing them and assassinating the leaders. I wouldn't shed a single tear.
Only people who attack the U.S. directly are terrorists. Or those individuals whom the U.S. institutes as leaders but later declares dictators or terrorists when they refuse to do what the U.S. orders them to do (i.e., Saddam Hussein, the Mujahideen). I highly suggest that those individual who support interventionism, which is a large group of people that consists of contemporary democrats as well as republicans, study or review history. Below is a video on this topic.

Mexico's problem is it's poor and Congo's problem is some white fuck boy from almost a 100 years ago introduce the people to rape, pillage and war when he enslaved them. Now here we are today and they still haven't stabilized.

So you can join a terrorist organization, which is targeting a nation and taking numerous innocent lives, and move your family there to live with them, but if a strike targeting the organization hits your family, it's the fault of the government that is trying to protect itself from the organization you represent.

I'm not buying it.

I think war, or any kind, is extremely unfortunate and deplorable. But if you're going to join a group of terrorists or killers, then you've already made your bed.
Problem is people drag their families into their bad choices all the time. If you're a disabled person (mentally or health wise) such as their grandpa/dad or their kid or their gf/wife, and they lied to you about where you're going (a common tactic with kidnappers flying to another country with piss poor human rights) you're fucked.