What's new

Coronavirus (Covid-19) Discussion

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
This brings up a great point actually. Such a huge % of people, civilians or otherwise, only care about major illnesses/diseases if they’re likely to get it themselves.

Anyone else worried cyber-terrorists could take advantage of our distraction that Covi-19 is causing? It'd suck having to deal with both a bio-virus that has stopped the world from turning and a computer virus/hackers fucking up a lot of things that need computers and internet to run. I hear hackers are taking advantage by hacking people's Netflix account to steal their credit card information.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
Anyone else worried cyber-terrorists could take advantage of our distraction that Covi-19 is causing? It'd suck having to deal with both a bio-virus that has stopped the world from turning and a computer virus/hackers fucking up a lot of things that need computers and internet to run. I hear hackers are taking advantage by hacking people's Netflix account to steal their credit card information.
People are hacking companies all day every day and have been for a long time. That is not an exaggeration. Not even a little one. I guarantee you 4 months ago, at 2:45AM Netflix was trying to be hacked by someone somewhere.

The world isn't safe man. Never has been. Never will be. We are all already dying of something, and jerks taking advantage of people are everywhere.

I'm not saying that is ok, or you just let things happen that shouldn't, but if you can't accept some of it, everything will scare you and your life will amount to little more than just being afraid all the time.

You can only be and do what you can do and be. You can promote change around you but even that is not guaranteed. There is just no controlling the world. Time is finite and in the end nobody really gets much say in how much time they have, but we can choose to enjoy it and do some good with it when the opportunity exists. Don't live in fear of everything that you can imagine happening, because then you are living through every bad thing that never happens. Just focus on dealing, and moving past, the bad that does happen.

I honestly don't understand why we don't wash our money. We all know money is filthy, we all (should) wash our hands after handling it, the next logical step would be to wash money. Most paper currency isn't even paper, it's some kind of cloth and we've all accidentally washed money when we throw our clothes in the washing machine and dryer without knowing we had bills in there till later.

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
I honestly don't understand why we don't wash our money. We all know money is filthy, we all (should) wash our hands after handling it, the next logical step would be to wash money. Most paper currency isn't even paper, it's some kind of cloth and we've all accidentally washed money when we throw our clothes in the washing machine and dryer without knowing we had bills in there till later.
I pretty much stopped using cash at this point unless if I absolutely have to. I like to have like $30 cash just in case.

People are hacking companies all day every day and have been for a long time. That is not an exaggeration. Not even a little one. I guarantee you 4 months ago, at 2:45AM Netflix was trying to be hacked by someone somewhere.

The world isn't safe man. Never has been. Never will be. We are all already dying of something, and jerks taking advantage of people are everywhere.

I'm not saying that is ok, or you just let things happen that shouldn't, but if you can't accept some of it, everything will scare you and your life will amount to little more than just being afraid all the time.

You can only be and do what you can do and be. You can promote change around you but even that is not guaranteed. There is just no controlling the world. Time is finite and in the end nobody really gets much say in how much time they have, but we can choose to enjoy it and do some good with it when the opportunity exists. Don't live in fear of everything that you can imagine happening, because then you are living through every bad thing that never happens. Just focus on dealing, and moving past, the bad that does happen.
All the more reason I wish my government would take cyber-threats more seriously. In the right situation, a cyber-terrorism can be just as devastating any WMD but in a different way.

DeftMonk

Noob
trump has officially lost hsi mind... I just closed a deal to send 2 million n95 face masks, mobile ventilators and other supplies to usa to support 20 hospitals. When they went to export them they were denied because trump denied shipping of covid 19 support products from China to USA. These hospitals were soooooo disappointed as they are in great need.
#1 if you don't want China to help maybe u should provide support yourself.
#2. All you did was make it take more time for the products to arrive because now they must be exported to canada first. Thus giving more american money to chinese logistics companies. Wtf are you doing?

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I mean those links don't really support all of the conclusions but there's going to be some serious corruption involved with any major stimulus/emergency funds bill like this.
Yeah, unfortunately they didn't pick the best sources that are out there. I wouldn't have shared that link if I hadn't been able to verify those points via alternate sources. I've seen each of those issues brough up and cited individually elsewhere, but I shared that link for the convenience of it outlining each issue from within a single post. The fact they used a Youtube video as a citation would have discredited the post if I hadn't already seen it cited elsewhere.

DeftMonk

Noob
I mean those links don't really support all of the conclusions but there's going to be some serious corruption involved with any major stimulus/emergency funds bill like this.
I can't click this link cuz reddit is blocked here but china has offered3-20 million in support to any country in need. The catch being this free money must be used to purchase china produced goods (the current only country in the world able to produce even close to the quantity that is demanded atm). USA said no and even went a step further and said chinese goods can't come here. People in USA are in need of supplies. USA death toll is going to be extremely high... far higher than any other country.

I don't know what Trump is doing but I have 2 guesses:#1make money selling contracts to his buddy's companys to produce shit or even scarier (and this is what someone in military intelligence told me in USA is the reason but I pray to god it isn't)#2 After its over after intentionally downplaying this virus thus leading to massive death toll while simultaneously reminding people constantly its the CHINESE virus...Ask China for monetary compensation. If they say no...what would the likelihood be if trump was threatening war with china he would be re-elected compared to if no war was going on?

I hope that is not the actual fact and hes just making money off people's suffering. War with china might get him re elected and boost economy but it would be the dumbest shit fathomable.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
trump has officially lost hsi mind... I just closed a deal to send 2 million n95 face masks, mobile ventilators and other supplies to usa to support 20 hospitals. When they went to export them they were denied because trump denied shipping of covid 19 support products from China to USA. These hospitals were soooooo disappointed as they are in great need.
#2. All you did was make it take more time for the products to arrive because now they must be exported to canada first. Thus giving more american money to chinese logistics companies. Wtf are you doing?
Not at all surprised. Damn this should be a story that is on social media or something (it should be on MSM too but doubt that will happen). Do you have any evidence of it?

DeftMonk

Noob
Not at all surprised. Damn this should be a story that is on social media or something (it should be on MSM too but doubt that will happen). Do you have any evidence of it?
I have physical evidence my goods were denied by customs. Even tho they have FDA approval. FDA btw has waved temporary the need of this certification because of medical emergency declared and supplies aren't enough. I can't google here but I bet if you typed in "USA denied import of chinese medical masks" somethin would pop up with some bullshit reason like "the quality isnt good enough for america".

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Angola update
I've been in home for 10 days now, martial law was decreted 10 days ago as soon as 1st case got discovered.

Angola sits at 14 cases including a 1 year old baby, 2 deaths 2 recovered.
All cases imported from portugal and south africa, thousands of ppl in quarrantine.

No signs of local outbreak, oldest case dated back to march 13 patient died and it seems he was fucking around with his friends, there are rumors that he bribed the officials to avoid quarrantine, as result 500 ppl surrounding the ppl he had contact with are now under quarrantine..
I only get out for bread early or trash, food supply us starting to run low, kitchen gas and water too. Thankfully god has been mercifull and giving us rain, we can salvage water for different purposes without leaving home.

Testing begins next week, no sign of local transmission yet.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
There has been rumors that Chinha is not helping contain the virus, they are actually spreading it.

Two days ago portugal refused to use masks from Chinha because its suspected they were already infected, i didnt read this on internet it was on their news tv

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
There has been rumors that Chinha is not helping contain the virus, they are actually spreading it.

Two days ago portugal refused to use masks from Chinha because its suspected they were already infected, i didnt read this on internet it was on their news tv
That's BS. I know people there and that's not the case.

The senseless rumors around this virus are actually starting to make me mad. There's all kinds of nonsense that people are making up and getting others to repeat.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
That's BS. I know people there and that's not the case.

The senseless rumors around this virus are actually starting to make me mad. There's all kinds of nonsense that people are making up and getting others to repeat.
Yep, this is the same channel who had the audacy to broadcast that black ppl are immune to corona virus, then idris elba go it two days after.