What's new

Congrats Detroit.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
The only time I've ever heard Max talk shit is when he's had a plunger in his hand. XDDDD

Espio

Kokomo
Congratulations Detroit, it was well deserved, best Shang Tsung player ever and congrats to everyone else who participated!

Tim Static

Adminerator
Man, gotta disagree. That, EVO, and NEC are the greatest MK9 tournaments I've seen. Devastation had one of my personal favorite matches:

Had awesome commentary by Tom Brady and 16 bit too.

On-topic - Congrats on your win, Detroit. I once played Marvaz, who was using your Live account, apparently. I find that weird considering I believe you're a PS3 user. Would love to play you if you do have a 360. :)
Not saying it was bad because it wasnt, but because it was Dev, it automatically put at the top of the list, but there has been better, lots better. Better as in just about every tourney that involved VSM and the NE players.

Maxter

Noob
The only time I've ever heard Max talk shit is when he's had a plunger in his hand. XDDDD

lol thtb, remember that madness? i will never forget how cd jr ruined that poor toilet that night, i'm allergic to someone else's doodoo i had to put cd jr in his place or else i would not have a room to spend the night, maybe he didnt notice it was clogged when he flushed it lol. no hard feelings cd jr bro, everyone has clogged a toilet before please dont take this personal telling about stuff that has happened to me before =/ =).

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
lol thtb, remember that madness? i will never forget how cd jr ruined that poor toilet that night, i'm allergic to someone else's doodoo i had to put cd jr in his place or else i would not have a room to spend the night, maybe he didnt notice it was clogged when he flushed it lol. no disrespect cd jr bro, everyone has clogged a toilet before please dont take this personal telling about stuff that has happened to me before =/ =).
lool!! ohh wow.... i dont imagine u ever angry at all my friend....angry or talk shit. doesnt fit.

jamessmk

I am your god
lol thtb, remember that madness? i will never forget how cd jr ruined that poor toilet that night, i'm allergic to someone else's doodoo i had to put cd jr in his place or else i would not have a room to spend the night, maybe he didnt notice it was clogged when he flushed it lol. no disrespect cd jr bro, everyone has clogged a toilet before please dont take this personal telling about stuff that has happened to me before =/ =).
Ohhh shit my bad Max.. It is me Paper Legend. I forgot to mention that, sorry. It was not CDjr it was me. See, I was bouncing around the future and all, winning EVO's, but had to go real bad. So I stopped into SJ5, and hit your room up. Sorry bout the mess :)

THTB

lool!! ohh wow.... i dont imagine u ever angry at all my friend....angry or talk shit. doesnt fit.
It seriously was one of the best moments at a tournament ever. Maxter literally just barges into the room, plunger in hand, yelling at CDjr "YOU SEE THIS??? I'M ALLERGIC TO SHIT!" Jr's just like "...I had to take a shit...". Medina had it recorded too, but his computer stopped recording it all, and it became a "you had to be there" moment. I seriously haven't laughed as hard as I did then since.

DrDogg

Noob
Really? Stop trying to play victim. It's not like I'm being selective if I didn't see the other posts about commentary (which I will remove, btw). This is a thread congratulating Detroit for his victory, not to start squabbles about whose commentary is good/ass/etc.
So let me get this straight? I call you out for deleting my post and none of the others and you say that you simply didn't see them and that this thread is strictly for congrats to Detroit? So did you miss all of the posts on the last two pages?

At least man up when you're wrong.

First of all I want to say congrats to detroit,man nobody deserved that trophy more than you.you came all the way from arizona and destroyed all of our best players I can't explain in words how much respect I have for you now.the talk about we didn't know the matchup fuck that it was our fault we didn't explore Shang more before the tourney.again dude congrats,im coming to get my soul back in the next major you attend get ready. Now for you mr doggy please don't talk shit about my brothers cause they never talk shit about anyone.WTF do you mean we act all high and mighty when one,CD is a corpse he never talks,maxter only complains about how cyrax needs more buffs(lol) and I just troll sometimes and thats because people tell me to do it to hype shit up.so please stop talking shit about us because you are making us look like something we are not.
You know, I didn't start any of this and I think it's ridiculous that you and your brothers act like I did. You three came into the AZ stream and I pointed out the fact that you don't travel. Then you start acting all high and mighty like you don't have to travel. It's not like I'm forgetting how it went. It's the only interaction I've had with you three and it was disrespectful.

The rest of you can believe what you want, but the CD brothers weren't the saints you claim them to be when I encountered them. Anyone on that AZ stream can back me up on that too.

If they've suddenly changed or that was an out of character occurrence, so be it. But they were disrespectful long before NEC ever happened.

Didnt Dr Dogg call 16 bit out about coming to DEV, and then 6 bit proceeded to make third? Maybe Dr Dogg should stop calling people out if it backfires so much.
When has it backfired. 16-bit did well and I ate crow for that, publicly. I called out the CD brothers and they ended up losing. Looks like I won that exchange.

And to the Dogg, sorry but Devastation was one of the more very vanilla MK tourneys, which despite having maybe the most entries, was one of the most boring. I wont say anything else out of respect for the scene, but your bias and thats that.
I'm biased? Look at the talent that was at DEV. Look at the top 8. It had basically everyone of significance aside from VSM and maybe one or two others, which was the whole point of this debate. Please name another tournament (other than Evo) that had as much talent without the VSM crew.

I speak my mind and the mods aren't going to stop that unless they want to be fair about it (which they're not). This has been happening since day one. I'm not 100% for MK so I get black balled. Don't think I didn't notice that any random news story gets front page, but my frame data was never once mentioned.

Ridiculous...

When has it backfired. 16-bit did well and I ate crow for that, publicly. I called out the CD brothers and they ended up losing. Looks like I won that exchange.
When all three of them made top 8 at a major tournament? I mean you can interpret that as them losing if you want, but I don't think anyone else will.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
...And boom goes the dynamite again...

Like Peanuts said, you can't really call it a win when they all came out in Top 8.
And honestly, I really dug Devastation, but having just come off of Summer Jam and with all the $$$ VSM stuff going on at the time, I'd be lying if I said Dev wasn't just a weeeeeeee bit lacking due to lack of Dominicans.
I thought it was a really good show, and Mr. Mileena coming out of nowhere to get the silver medal was fucking awesome, but given that they were/are one of the hypest things going in MK, I couldn't help but feel, like I'm sure plenty of others did, that it would've been extra-saucy if they'd been able to make it. It'd be like having a WWE show without CM Punk - yeah, it could still be badass beyond belief, but just a step short of the badassery it'd accomplish were it heavy one Punk.
Still, nothing taken away from it. Great show, great getting to see Aris & Smoke, and Fanapalooza + that one round in GF where Reo just went batshit-NDC-crazy was one of my favorite moments of the year.

That being said, I dont think it's fair to take one argument with them and use it as a concrete judgement of their character, especially when just about everyone who knows them/knows of them knows that's not their style at all.
They could've been trolling, they could've been trying to create heat for Dev, they could've been salty as fuck after time-traveling with Brady and Paper Legend and having to listen to Tom tirade for an hour and a half because they're weren't any titty bars or Sam Adams beer in the 1930's, Idk. I just know one isolated bit of beef shouldn't spoil the whole steak.
Hope you guys figure this out and squash it, though.

Maxter

Noob
[MENTION=1503]DrDogg[/MENTION] listen buddy not everyone has money to travel all over this country and if i had it i wouldn't travel so often either just to go to tournaments, i hate flying really. i had the money to go to evo maybe 3 times this yeat but i needed that money for something else, i'm gonna have lasik surgery done on my eyes in DR, going next week for that, i'll be away from the scene for almost a month just in case someone didnt know.

cd jr dont remember being disrespectful to you and if he gets disrespectful its because someone is getting on his nerves we dont care what you say or believe about me or the 3 of us, people who know who we are in person can talk about our persona not you. maybe it wasn't even none of us on your stream and was someone else using one of our names, i've never been disrespectful to anyone on stream either, i might troll a little bit once in a while but its all theater, and cd never chat on stream, so pls stop bashing on my bros on this thread, this thread is to congratulate detroit nothing else,

btw congratz detroit ballin once again, you really deserved that first place, your shang is beasty, you got lucky we didnt meet along the way buddy J/k =)
gratz man

Sabin

Elder God
Congrats to DetroitBallin, mad impressive play. Too bad I got to watch none of it..olol..well I'll be breaking down the top 8 on a elive cast soon =)
Boo to DrDogg for being so negative. We're all giving the winner props so why do you have to come in here with your negativity bro? Really not needed.

Traveling is hella expensive,and VSM has traveled to WC before (Reo at Evo, as well as Devastation). AZ has traveled as well (remember morty being at CEO)? So this conversation is kinda moot man..even though I wouldn't consider myself VSM i do try to travel when I can to rep the NY scene. Anyway congrats to the winners especially the AZ scene I never thought they were bad.

If anything VSM finally losing a event after a LONG time only helps the community, shows that the game isnt completely figured outyet.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Anyone in this thread that are disrespecting the CD brothers should really re-think themselves. The CD brothers all got in the top 8 and CD jr got 2nd to the better player this time, DetroitBalln313.

Do you see any of the VSM guys talking shit or making excuses? No, you see them congratulating Detroit for his win.... so GTFO with all of the CD brother disrespect bullshit. Maybe if the guys who went to more tournaments would get a taste for actual player respect... they would know they were idiots before opening their mouths. CD Jr took his loss like a man and congratulated Detroit.

Can we stop being stupid now? Thanks.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Dr dogg,

Stop polluting this thread w asinine bullshit

You're so FREE as a player you lose to "byes" in the bracket

I can't say it enough how impressed I was w VSM and VVV players character, skill and sportsmanship.

You're way out of line, off base and couldn't be any more wrong.

Please direct your energy elsewhere. suggestion? You were an organizer at devastation correct? Well I've heard ZERO If the top 8 finishers have received their winnings and it's been 2 months. Direct your energy there.

Btw I don't recall u traveling anywhere, the only thing i recall w you is false hype, money matches u drop and tournaments u r associated with who don't pay their winners.

I think I speak mostly for everyone when I say please STFU because NEC was amazing, competition was amazing and the comrodoriery was exceptional and you are a non factor.

Keep it up and I'll send maxter your way w the plunger

Dr dogg,

Stop polluting this thread w asinine bullshit

You're so FREE as a player you lose to "byes" in the bracket

I can't say it enough how impressed I was w VSM and VVV players character, skill and sportsmanship.

You're way out of line, off base and couldn't be any more wrong.

Please direct your energy elsewhere. suggestion? You were an organizer at devastation correct? Well I've heard ZERO If the top 8 finishers have received their winnings and it's been 2 months. Direct your energy there.

Btw I don't recall u traveling anywhere, the only thing i recall w you is false hype, money matches u drop and tournaments u r associated with who don't pay their winners.

I think I speak mostly for everyone when I say please STFU because NEC was amazing, competition was amazing and the comrodoriery was exceptional and you are a non factor.

Keep it up and I'll send maxter your way w the plunger
Show me the ways of the Mileena tech.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I find it funny that no one has mentioned how VSM REO won DEV....

Im just saying [MENTION=1503]DrDogg[/MENTION] you got blown up for calling 16 bit out, now you are trying to call out top 8 placers at NEC and expect it to go differently? You have to pick your battles man. CD Jr is still one of the top players in MK, as is Maxter and CD

THTB

So let me get this straight? I call you out for deleting my post and none of the others and you say that you simply didn't see them and that this thread is strictly for congrats to Detroit? So did you miss all of the posts on the last two pages?

At least man up when you're wrong.
If you don't believe me, wtf ever. I don't have a reason to be biased against you, nor do I have a reason to be biased against anyone. I simply didn't see the other posts about commentary. Shocker, I do sometimes skim through threads and don't really read everything.

And yeah, this thread has gotten massively derailed. Sorry I tried to at least keep things from turning into a war, but it exploded into one anyway. At that point, what else can I even do?

Also, your frame data may not have made front page, but the work was pretty noticed with ALL frame data threads by you, Lomyn, Somberness, and everyone else stuck, and with the links of said threads compiled into one for easy viewing. Hell, there was even work attempted to get everything compiled into a spreadsheet. Wanna know who was helping trying to get this done...? Just because you aren't getting top story glory on a front page doesn't mean there's bias against you. Cut the shit, ffs.

DrDogg

Noob
You're all missing the point. The CD brothers are good at MK9. I'm not saying otherwise.

Pre-AZ Stream:
- I had zero problems with the CD brothers and no interactions with them. I was disappointed they weren't at Evo as I think they would've added quite a bit to the tournament.

During AZ Stream:
- All three CD brothers come in. During the conversation, I ask why they don't travel much. The response is disrespectful and leads to them saying AZ should travel and talking more trash.

AZ Travels to NEC and Wins
- I post about the disrespect and get blown up by everyone thinking I started all of this.

DrDogg

Noob
You know what, I'm done with this topic. You guys can trash on me all you want. I know the facts, I know what the CD brothers said to me. They may be outstanding gentlemen, but they weren't when I spoke to them, and I retaliated based on what they said to me. If you can't understand that, not my problem. I'm done.

jamessmk

I am your god
Yes yes yes. Congrats again to Detroit. Hell a playa. Hold that belt, real tight. NY wants it back :) NySytyle!!! We will tech you down. I will always bless ya, brought a true NY style, lot a love. I would have thought you were a Brooklyn hoody the way you slip in and took that belt.

Paper Legend

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
Yes yes yes. Congrats again to Detroit. Hell a playa. Hold that belt, real tight. NY wants it back :) NySytyle!!! We will tech you down. I will always bless ya, brought a true NY style, lot a love. I would have thought you were a Brooklyn hoody the way you slip in and took that belt.

Paper Legend
forget the belt, at the next tournament i wanna see paper legend wearing a paper suit of armour.