What's new

Congrats Detroit.

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
Let's hang the dogg!!!!!!!!!!!

You know congrats to Detroit and all, best shang in the business, but VSM still reigns supreme.

VSM still has 3 majors under their belt...

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
Congratulations to Detroit, I wouldn't have sent him out there if I didn't think he could win.

I understand where DrDogg is coming from because he was my main motivation to get things started and going in Arizona.

What a lot of people don't realize is that Arizona used to stream tournaments just as frequently as VSM, so we're very competitive by nature because we believe in ourselves and have put a lot of time into the game.

Things are finally quieting down between me and some of the New York guys which is why the posts in this thread seem so awkward. But the root of DrDoggs posts are because of his support to the Arizona scene and build up of people on these boards over time trying to write us off as irrelevant players.

I'm sure for a while we felt the same way the Europeans feel because they know they have talent but everyone shits on them for no great reason.

Going into NEC Morty was so close to quitting Mortal Kombat but I kept pushing him because I felt like this could be our last shot at keeping MK alive in Arizona.

What people should know is that DrDogg hasn't been able to pay to much attention to Mortal Kombat lately, so his opinions are similar to what mine would have been a month or two ago just because that's how we felt at the time.

Based on Morty's explanations of the CD brothers I find it hard to believe that they would just come in and trash anyone. It was probably provoked by stream monsters, me or DrDogg.

Rivalries motivate players to try and stay at the top of their game, we've only ever fought for recognition as a strong Mortal Kombat scene.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Congratulations to Detroit, I wouldn't have sent him out there if I didn't think he could win.

I understand where DrDogg is coming from because he was my main motivation to get things started and going in Arizona.

What a lot of people don't realize is that Arizona used to stream tournaments just as frequently as VSM, so we're very competitive by nature because we believe in ourselves and have put a lot of time into the game.

Things are finally quieting down between me and some of the New York guys which is why the posts in this thread seem so awkward. But the root of DrDoggs posts are because of his support to the Arizona scene and build up of people on these boards over time trying to write us off as irrelevant players.

I'm sure for a while we felt the same way the Europeans feel because they know they have talent but everyone shits on them for no great reason.

Going into NEC Morty was so close to quitting Mortal Kombat but I kept pushing him because I felt like this could be our last shot at keeping MK alive in Arizona.

What people should know is that DrDogg hasn't been able to pay to much attention to Mortal Kombat lately, so his opinions are similar to what mine would have been a month or two ago just because that's how we felt at the time.

Based on Morty's explanations of the CD brothers I find it hard to believe that they would just come in and trash anyone. It was probably provoked by stream monsters, me or DrDogg.

Rivalries motivate players to try and stay at the top of their game, we've only ever fought for recognition as a strong Mortal Kombat scene.
good post

jamessmk

I am your god

Trust me, NY never thought of you guys as shit. I went through the same shit for almost 20 years. Midway thought thought I was garbage until I beat their best in MK1 with "one hand", including Nintendo World Champ Thor Aukerlund. We all have top dogs.... That aside, it is a real thriving community that will grow more now, than ever. US vs Europe is end game. But we will not shit on them like SF crowd shit on us. Open arms we welcome then to the club

PL

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
Nice to hear. I think Europe has a scene the rivals the best of them, it will be cool once we all meet up for a big MK tournament.