What's new

CONFIRMED! PATCH TIME BOYS

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
shang has so many bad mu more than any top 10 characters. he has no mix ups he open you up on footsies and in neutral everything he does is unsafe or has gaps. a 7f d3 is good but not like he needs it.. characters like geras,scorpion and jade completly prevent him to play his game. He also get outzoned by characters that arent suppose to be zoners like liu,sonya,sub
um, im against nerfing shang too but.....he absolutely destroys jade srry man xD

Gaxkang

Banned
Well it's has to be a doosey really. The whole gameplay needs a look.

I just play the game to collect stuff these days... :p

I don't know why people have a hard time with this but... Scorpion does not need changes because he is overpowered, he needs changes because his current design allows him to bypass the neutral gameplay that was said to be a selling point of this game.
This is exactly how I feel. I've played against enough Scorpions at this point that I know how to beat him, but it's not the same game I play against any other character. It's mostly just trying to bait a teleport or ill-advised spear because that's the only opportunity I get to make a move. Even his stupid spear twirl combo has so much pushback on block that it's low risk for him to use basically whenever (and boy do they use it basically whenever). At least the teleport lets me punish...

...Oh wait, nevermind, it's a 50/50 when he has meter so I get blown up or give up a punish half the time anyway. At least Noobs tele has the good sense to be super telegraphed and easy to react to. I don't think Scorpion is broken, he's just so tedious and boring to play against.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
I don't know why people have a hard time with this but... Scorpion does not need changes because he is overpowered, he needs changes because his current design allows him to bypass the neutral gameplay that was said to be a selling point of this game.
So all special moves that "bypass neutral" should be nerfed?

I wasn't saying it like that to imply that it shouldn't happen, just using the quotations to show that calling it a fix is a little silly considering how much it will affect the character - that will single handedly skyrocket him into being top 5 particularly if other top tiers are nerfed.
What? All of his moves are highs. The only thing that is truly whiffing is his force balls. If he got crushing blows and his second variation actually did something then yea, he'd be up there. Force ball pressure is fake. It doesn't work against teleport characters, or jumpers like Lao and Kabal. You're just bluffing the whole time hoping the other guy doesn't neutral duck or jump backwards. I noticed Scorpion players catching onto it.

Matix218

Get over here!
This is exactly how I feel. I've played against enough Scorpions at this point that I know how to beat him, but it's not the same game I play against any other character. It's mostly just trying to bait a teleport or ill-advised spear because that's the only opportunity I get to make a move. Even his stupid spear twirl combo has so much pushback on block that it's low risk for him to use basically whenever (and boy do they use it basically whenever). At least the teleport lets me punish...

...Oh wait, nevermind, it's a 50/50 when he has meter so I get blown up or give up a punish half the time anyway. At least Noobs tele has the good sense to be super telegraphed and easy to react to. I don't think Scorpion is broken, he's just so tedious and boring to play against.
Why is it that even playing on switch in handheld on wifi I punish at least 90+% of blocked teleports with a full combo yet everyone on this site claims it is some kind of 50/50 on block... And spear twirl (even though I dont use that garbage variation) is full combo punishable (or reversal special punishable) on block by most characters.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
I'd be fine if Kabal wasn't touched, as long as most other characters are brought in line/close to it. He's not an awful character to have at the top.
All I want is for Kabal players to have to fucking think for once. Add gaps, make something, god, anything unsafe, nerf his retarded air game where he mixes you up with saw toss and non AAble j2. B1 and series should be more negative.

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
It's not the mb on blocked teleport that's the issue, it's the threat of canceling teleport into other shenanigans. Firstly, you cant even anti air this turd. Ye go for a trip guard, or a jab aa, good luck, scorp simply teleports, evading your whiffed string and is rewarded with a combo. Why tf should I have to constantly be noodle blocking around the stage, as he can jump da fugg up as if he's at a Cypress Hill concert?

Now if he cancels it, more oft than not he's going to go for a grab. But ye also have the threat that he's going to walk back and bait a d1, which leads to the defender getting blown up for a mere defensive poke. Very little thought involved from a Scorp player, basically an auto mind game mechanic.

I don't want to see this character nerfed to smithareens, but this teleport shenanigan crap needs to require more resources. Make it require a bar of both offense/defense, and slow the regen properties down after it's usage. His whole game plan revolves around this horse dung tactic. :mad:

Last edited:
People acting like scorpion teleport is a totally new move and it is unfair. He has this move since mk1. Idk why this move is considered anti neutral while like Jacqui dash punch that covers half screen or like Cetrion geysar is totally fine by them

CmC_HAt

Noob
question : is official the patch , or is just speculation and TED talks here???

if official , please, post the link

ZeroSymbolic

W.A.S.P.
Not necessarily. I mean I would admittedly like that, but I know that shouldn't happen. Other TPs block neutral but are either passive or can be reacted. Scorpions is so fast that his neutral benefits from its threat at all times. That's the problem I have with it.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
All I want is for Kabal players to have to fucking think for once. Add gaps, make something, god, anything unsafe, nerf his (soap bar in my mouth) air game where he mixes you up with saw toss and non AAble j2. B1 and series should be more negative.
His B1 needs to he a high, straight up. He is a one button character. He should not have a disjointed hitbox advancing mid that is safe, staggerable, no gaps, confirmable, and with a built in mix up and krushing blow. Its absolutely stupid. He would still have the F4 or whatever his knee is as his fast mid too and that still has a built in mix with 2nd hit overhead and low hook so theres no excuse.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
I hope characters like Sonya and Jacqui get a damage adjustment. I seriously don't have too much issue with their kits, it's just that they get to do some amazing stuff AND hit like a truck.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Yes. Specials should compliment the game not bypass its core mechanics. Moves which have immunity to one core mechanic or another are usually only any good when used in that specific scenario and have heavy downsides. Scorpion's teleport has the reward stacked and the risk is very minimal.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
All you Scorpion mains sweating is fucking hilarious.

Balance is great BUT for ppl to keep playing this game, they need to buff the ONLINE! WIFI MUTHAFUCKIN' FILTERS IN RANKED! Otherwise, you guys will play the game for a week then drop it again. Its not the characters thats really rage inducing, its the wifi warriors behind the characters.

Oh and making CUSTOMS LEGAL will make this game 100x better too :)