What's new

CONFIRMED! PATCH TIME BOYS

DeftMonk

Noob
here are my wild guess of what will happend from my experience with past NRS games.

Characters who get killed by next patch (aka not usable in tournements)
Sonya
Scorpion
Geras
Jacqui
Subzero
Erron

Not top tier but still will get nerfs cause of complaints
Baraka
Jax (again)
Kabal
Shang
Lao

Characters that will be ignored or slight buffs.
Cassie
Cetrion
Liu
Jade
Kitana
Noob
Raiden
Johnny
Skarlet

Character with majors buffs
Shao kahn
Kollector
Kano
Dvorah
Frost

and then Night wolf comes out completely broken
bro if they nerf lao and buff liu id be off to tekken for season 3 adios.

Slymind

Noob
Fingers crossed for a signifcant nerf to Shang's up skull! And the removal of far teleports.
Damage aside, my main issue with that is the pushback on block, similar to Cassie's mb standing gunshots.

What`'s so good about Johnny that several people think that he could be top tier with hitbox fixes (and kb changes)? Not disagreeing, just curious because I don't know much about him :D
From what i can see from JC players like Kombat and Kompetitor, it's his quicks advancing normals, if he spaces correctly he can punish the opponent in a blink, also he has a very decent projectile, from the characters i've tried, i personally consider him among the hardest to play correctly.

Chuckyscookie

Here's to hoping.
From what i can see from JC players like Kombat and Kompetitor, it's his quicks advancing normals, if he spaces correctly he can punish the opponent in a blink, also he has a very decent projectile, from the characters i've tried, i personally consider him among the hardest to play correctly.
Thanks! Watching Kombat's Cage always is a joy, I wouldn't mind seeing him more often in tournments.

Chuckyscookie

Here's to hoping.
I'd be fine if Kabal wasn't touched, as long as most other characters are brought in line/close to it. He's not an awful character to have at the top.
100% agree, idk why you would nerf him. He's a great example for good balance imo. Strong and viable with good options, but still fair without anything stupidly overpowered. I'd like to see characters from above and below him approach just that line.

Matix218

Get over here!
I just want Scorpion and other very well known top tier nerfed. And D'Vorah and few other low tier buffed.
They should also slightly buff Skarlet, Jade and Kitana.
Scorpion has not been even remotely an issue in the tournament scene yet people act like he is more of an issue than cassie, sonya, geras, jacqui, erron, etc. See all those scorpions regulating evo top 8? Oh wait...

But I'm sure you all will get your wish because you never stop crying about this character and NRS is probably sick of hearing it.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Since whiffing issues such hot topic hope barakas b2 whiffing on good few crouching characters aswell as 2nd hit of 112 whiffing gets fixed

Love to get tge 3rd variations just si could gave blade charge haha and maybe keg kebob

DeftMonk

Noob
Ok, so what character in their current state would you say should be top/balanced around?
I don’t wanna give my opinion people would be saying I’m crazy but I honestly hate fighting kabal. That FB + j2 plus all kinds of other crap. Don’t enjoy fighting him honestly.

ZeroSymbolic

W.A.S.P.
Scorpion has not been even remotely an issue in the tournament scene yet people act like he is more of an issue than cassie, sonya, geras, jacqui, erron, etc. See all those scorpions regulating evo top 8? Oh wait...

But I'm sure you all will get your wish because you never stop crying about this character and NRS is probably sick of hearing it.
I don't know why people have a hard time with this but... Scorpion does not need changes because he is overpowered, he needs changes because his current design allows him to bypass the neutral gameplay that was said to be a selling point of this game.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
I don’t wanna give my opinion people would be saying I’m crazy but I honestly hate fighting kabal. That FB + j2 plus all kinds of other crap. Don’t enjoy fighting him honestly.
What a cop out lol. There are plenty of good answers to that question imo. This answer just makes you look irrational and salt driven.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
Damage aside, my main issue with that is the pushback on block, similar to Cassie's mb standing gunshots.

On paper, Cage is a very solid character. With the hitboxes getting fixed, that's gonna help a lot since he'll actually be able to utilize his pressure with his AMP Forceball.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.

Just because a character is lacking in tournament representation doesn't mean they aren't strong. MKX Quan is a prime example.

Scorpion is too strong along with the rest of the top tiers, and its not even only because of teleport.