What's new

CONFIRMED! PATCH TIME BOYS

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
With the highly, HIGHLY anticipated patch inevitably coming, I'm sure everyone is eager to know who will receive blessings and who will get the bat. Now we aren't sure who is getting what yet but I think it's safe to say that we have thoughts on the matter, specifically who will get the "Bane Treatment" and the "Scorpion Treatment".

For those who are confused as to what those terms mean:

Bane Treatment [bān ˈtrētmənt]: the manner in which someone is given INCREDIBLE buffs, thus boosting them from arguably lowest tier to god tier in one patch.
Examples: Bane IGAU, Shinnok MKX

Scorpion Treatment [ˈskôrpēən ˈtrētmənt]: the manner in which someone is given INCREDIBLE nerfs, thus dropping them from god tier to lowest tier in one patch.
Examples: Scorpion IGAU, Tanya MKX (at one point), Deadshot I2

Other types of balances:

Reasonable Buffs: the manner in which a character receives buffs, but they aren't too significant or it's buffs that the character needs but don't take them to OMG levels. May move up a couple spots in tiers
Examples: Catwoman IGAU, Kitana MKX (before the last patch), Poison Ivy I2

Reasonable Nerfs: the manner in which a character receives nerfs, but they aren't too significant or it's nerfs that the character needs but don't take them to trash levels. May move down a couple spots in tiers.
Examples: Rain MK9, Batman IGAU, Mileena MKX, Catwoman I2

Unreasonable Buffs: the manner in which a character recieves buffs, but the character was already good and/or the buff just doesn't make any sense and doesn't need it. May move up a couple spots in tiers.
Examples: MMH IGAU, Kitana MKX (last patch), Firestorm I2

Unreasonable Nerfs: the manner in which a character receives Nerfs, but the character was already bad and/or the nerf doesn't make any sense and doesn't need it. May move down a couple spots in tiers.
Examples: Harley IGAU, Jax MKX (last patch)

There may be more types of balances but I'm too lazy now lol. Feel free to add them or discuss what's being talked about now

I am ready for the salt this thread will produce

Last edited:

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
hard to tell, but, observing what happened in the previous games, I expect the very first patch to just fuck things up to hell .... then, in the next 3-4 months, some others to come up to correct the damage the first one did, hehe .... :DOGE "a patch to corret a patch", more or less, lol ! :p

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
I think NRS learned how to patch well. Inj2 patches were pretty reasonable by the end. However, for the sake of saltpeculation, here goes:

Bane treatment: Kano, Johnny (Johnny isn't bad but he's gonna get Baned)
Scorpion treatment: Erron (I HOPE)

Reasonable buffs: Kotal
Reasonable nerfs: Geras
Unreasonable buffs: Jax, Kitana, Skarlet
Unreasonable nerfs: cough double cough triple cough

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Scorpion Treatment [ˈskôrpēən ˈtrētmənt]: the manner in which someone is given INCREDIBLE nerfs, thus dropping them from god tier to lowest tier in one patch.
Examples: Scorpion IGAU, Tanya MKX (at one point), Deadshot I2
The game just has to be dead before people start to say shit I said myself.

#glorwasright

again.

NeroOps

Death Before Dishonor
I don't see anyone receiving the Bane treatment but Scorpion treatment i would say Geras

Reasonable Buffs:
Kotal Kahn, Shao Kahn, Frost, Dvorah, Kano, Kollector

Reasonable Nerfs:
Scorpion, Cassie, Sonya, Geras, Erron Black, Liu Kang, Jax, Kabal, Shang Tsung, Cetrion, Baraka, Jacqui

Unreasonable Buffs:
Kitana, Johnny Cage, Jade, Kung Lao, Skarlet, Noob Saibot, Raiden, Sub Zero

Unreasonable nerfs:
I'm sure some characters may get more than whats needed.

Last edited:

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
I have two main hopes:
1 there are only reasonable changes
2 they don't destroy individual moves based on variations.
Also third thing I hope they introduce a ranked mode for custom variations, but this may be too early.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Predictions-

Bane treatment: Kollector
Scorpion treatment: Geras

Reasonable buffs: D'Vorah, Kano
Reasonable nerfs: Cassie, Scorpion
Unreasonable buffs: Jax, Kung Lao
Unreasonable nerfs: Sub-Zero, Sonya

Somehow Erron will avoid being nerfed properly, and rule the domain of stupidity until October minimum. Kotal will still be trash. Hitboxes will remain a large issue, still damaging characters like Frost. Fatal Blows will only "slightly" be tweaked, leaving me to forever rage about them.

JSF

Waiting for Injustice 3
just please make frost a usable character. id love the Bane treatment but i just wanna be able to use my favorite character

I don't see anyone receiving the Bane treatment but Scorpion treatment i would say Geras

Reasonable Buffs:
Kotal Kahn, Shao Kahn, Frost, Dvorah, Kano, Kollector

Reasonable Nerfs:
Scorpion, Cassie, Sonya, Geras, Erron Black, Liu Kang, Jax, Kabal, Shang Tsung, Cetrion, Baraka, Jacqui

Unreasonable Buffs:
Kitana, Johnny Cage, Jade, Kung Lao, Skarlet, Noob Saibot, Raiden, Sub Zero

Unreasonable nerfs:
I'm sure some characters may get more than whats needed.
nerf shang ? LOL ...

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I'm going to go different.

NRS: "We heard you, all slot moves are legal"
Hitbox/hurtbox fixes.

KB requirements adjusted to be one of 3 types.
  1. Counter/Punish (pure punish... non of this high/low crap) => 300 damage if no launch
  2. land in a combo of (x) or more
  3. Land (x) number
Throws no longer have a hitbox below the knees.

Thats it. We will not communicate for probably 6 months. Enjoy guessing when the next DLC may drop!!!!

There's also the Firestorm treatment, which I expect Jade to get.

That d3
shang has so many bad mu more than any top 10 characters. he has no mix ups he open you up on footsies and in neutral everything he does is unsafe or has gaps. a 7f d3 is good but not like he needs it.. characters like geras,scorpion and jade completly prevent him to play his game. He also get outzoned by characters that arent suppose to be zoners like liu,sonya,sub

Predictions-

Bane treatment: Kollector
Scorpion treatment: Geras

Reasonable buffs: D'Vorah, Kano
Reasonable nerfs: Cassie, Scorpion
Unreasonable buffs: Jax, Kung Lao
Unreasonable nerfs: Sub-Zero, Sonya

Somehow Erron will avoid being nerfed properly, and rule the domain of stupidity until October minimum. Kotal will still be trash. Hitboxes will remain a large issue, still damaging characters like Frost. Fatal Blows will only "slightly" be tweaked, leaving me to forever rage about them.
I agree on everything but I'd swap Kano and Kollector. I have the feeling that Kano will be a beast after the first patch.

Shania Twain

That Don't Impress Me Much
I would much prefer a quality of life patch. That would solve a lot of balancing issues. KL for example....if you want to quit the match during a fatality then allow the loser the option to pause and quit cuz if I'm not mistaken I don't think you can without pulling. Also, anyone who disconnects should lose their streak. (altho not sure how they could pull this off as sometimes things go fine and may be legit ping/lag issues.) It would also be nice to have an option when we play the towers as an AI to speed up the fights like in AI battles. Also. as noted, hitboxes need adjusted on some characters. The only really characters I can see them giving a nerf would be Sonya. and the one who will definitely get buffed is D'vorah. but who knows what will happen. One thing is for sure. We will definitely get more skins! It would be kinda cool if we got some new stages. All they'd have to do is pull from the krypt. or shoot. just add an update of old background from MKX and enhance some from MK9. There's a way to make more money. And I want a Keri Hoskins MK3 skin for Sonya. Actually I want MK3 skins for everybody!

kcd117

Noob
I think Kano, Kotal, and Kollector are all gonna receive the Bane treatment bc I don't think NRS has any idea how to buff them without breaking them.

Geras and Erron are gonna get the Scorpion treatment and no one is gonna miss them.

Sonya, Scorpion, Cassie, Kabal, and Sub will receive reasonable nerfs and reach an optimal balance.

Noob Saibot, JC, Skarlet, and Kitana will receive unreasonable buffs.

Baraka will have unreasonable nerfs.

Raiden, Dvorah, Frost, Shao Kahn will receive reasonable buffs and reach optimal balance as well.

Cetrion, Liu Kang, Jacqui, and Jax will remain very cheap.

Jade will remain hitting people with pillows.