What's new

CONFIRMED! PATCH TIME BOYS

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
I have to say, I am excited about the incoming patch.
I skipped MKX and all I can remember is the after EVO2011 MK9 patch that corrected Kung Lao's spin pushback on block, reduced the +frames on Cyrax's command grab , gave armor to some specials to help you against zoners and made MK9 a lot better.
I only hope Liu gets an overhead , fix some hitbox issues against the females (343 on hit for example) and maybe ....MAYBE make F4 a low ! :p :p

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
I think hitbox and kb requirements will show that Geras isnt all that strong, and Johnny may be S tier.
That's honestly why I'm super nervous about what they may do for Johnny. The biggest buff he could get, imo, is universal hitbox fixes. Anything past that could risk breaking him. He doesn't really need much. He's one of the characters who actually plays MK11, with his strengths and weaknesses. He just needs to work properly against the whole cast.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
So much truth in this post.

I'm guilty of not labbing, but I also know that's why I suck unlike a lot of the forum.

That said, I do want them to switch up some of the characters I want to play cause I find them boring. Sub Zero and Raiden mainly. I was so excited for both, but I don't like either of them. Some of the other specials could change that, or changes to frames and such.
SZ is SO boring. even his other slot moves are boring.
I feel like the minimal effort to get him going was there.... and then at the last minute realized he was awful and changed f2 to compliment the b3 and make him MKX

sigh.

Raiden actually has other cool moves that he would benefit from. Hell... just adding discharge and thunderwave makes him way better. Jo Push would just be a nice extra combo extender to change sides!!!

sigh.

NRS hates SZ. I bet he gets nerfed

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Bane treatment: Johnny
He has so many issues but has the ability to jump tiers with little change. I'd personally like for him to get hitboxes fixed and KB's redone.

Scorpion treatment: Sonya
I'm calling it now, once she receives damage reduction and zoning neutered we won't see her played as much. Imagine if her B123 was made a dial string.

Reasonable buffs: D'Vorah, Kano, Kotal, Shao, Raiden, Kollector.

Reasonable nerfs: Geras, Scorpion, Erron, Jacqui.

Unreasonable buffs: Kitana, Kung Lao, Jax
Unreasonable nerfs: Sub-Zero, Liu Kang, Shang Tsung, Cetrion, Erron.

What I'm hoping is they fix universal mechanics first starting with all hitboxes fixed, KB requirements being changed to be practical and worth the effort. Fatal Blows either need to have less range (Jump Distance or less) or startup slower and go away after missing for entire match.
Meter System needs to be looked into, there are several very strong moves that only require a single bar and come back in less than 11 seconds that reset neutral or in some cases apply pressure from defense bars.
Variations need to be reevaluated across the board: so many characters have poor abilities and bad synergy in competitive options. Many characters only have one good variation and this needs to be changed. They could do One of the following:
  • add more variations 3-5 total.
  • allow custom in ranked to test it out and eventually patch.
  • reevaluate current ranked variations and put more fitting abilities together.
  • change slot requirements allowing 4 or 5 slots per variation so characters have more options and freedom.
If they did all of that I think most characters would benefit greatly and we could see how characters fit in the tiers after having time to grind out the MU's and if characters needed help with frame data changes then they could get slight adjustments going forward.

SixPathsOfHate

Make triple skulls input BDF or DF Hold F
To be honest, the game is super balanced. I just want hitbox fixes. Highs shouldnt whiff on crouch block, neither should mids.

Sonya needs more damage scaling, Erron needs less safety.

Adjust KB requirements to be more universal.

Remove FB armor.

Aside from these things, Id like to know why people want changes so badly? 3 months in you guys still dont know how to not whiff in front of Geras or punish his sand? You dont like to lab when to take your turn vs Jacqui or Liu? You still cant tech throws? You think Shao and Kotal are bad because they have different kits than the "meta"? You still dont know how to get in on Zoners like Cetrion? You STILL think the game is why youre losing or not having fun? Newsflash, its you. Its not the game. You dont like mk11 because you have to make reads and learn every character rather than pick the prettiest toy and ignore everything else in the box. You guys are embarassing. Ive played bottom tier poster girl Dvorah and Top Tier Dumbo Sonya, and I lost to better players with both and beat worse players with both. Does Dvorah have bad MUs? Sure, but none are unwinnable. Not even 8-2s IMO. Sonya doesnt 8-2 anyone either. This game just isnt dirty like that.

You guys predicting and requesting changes need to look within. This game IS simple, I give you all that point. Thats why its exposing many of you guys whack fundamentals.
Or
The game just isnt fun to play. I dont think any changes will make this game fun to play.
  • I dislike fatal blows
  • I dislike krushing blows
  • I dislike the way this game does it's throw techs and that its a complete guessing game
  • I dislike the way zoning is done in NRS games even though at one point I used to be fine with it. inj2 showed me why people want projectiles to clash and I fully agree
  • I dislike the lack of skill expression outside of the fundamentals. ie, I cant swag on you with my sexy new unoptimal combos that I spent time in the lab figuring out how to do.
  • I dislike the variation system in this game and was fully expecting custom variations to be a usable outside casuals
  • I dislike the way resources are done in this game. One of the things some characters did well was build meter and that could alone make or break a character if they required meter but lets just get rid of more individuality between the characters in favor for a more simple game
  • I dislike the lack of mini games. If I had motor kombat or chess kombat I would still be playing this game
  • I dislike this god awful yellow color they used for the UI. GOD FUCK WHY YELLOW. ITS SUCH AN UGLY FUCKING COLOR!
The biggest dislike of all is how this game doesnt feel like an MK game. It feels stripped of all "love" and feels like pandering to the fighting game nerds that said that the previous MK's werent real fighting games.

Care to elaborate? I would love to pick your brain. Do you suggest that Frost(the worst character) Is not viable at all? Do you intend to say Erron Black(The best character) 10-0s every character? Are you capable of debate? I think hitbox and kb requirements will show that Geras isnt all that strong, and Johnny may be S tier. Itll also prove a lot of you are hot garbage.
You better be sending out maaaaad invites to games making claims like that.

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?
Or
The game just isnt fun to play. I dont think any changes will make this game fun to play.
  • I dislike fatal blows
  • I dislike krushing blows
  • I dislike the way this game does it's throw techs and that its a complete guessing game
  • I dislike the way zoning is done in NRS games even though at one point I used to be fine with it. inj2 showed me why people want projectiles to clash and I fully agree
  • I dislike the lack of skill expression outside of the fundamentals. ie, I cant swag on you with my sexy new unoptimal combos that I spent time in the lab figuring out how to do.
  • I dislike the variation system in this game and was fully expecting custom variations to be a usable outside casuals
  • I dislike the way resources are done in this game. One of the things some characters did well was build meter and that could alone make or break a character if they required meter but lets just get rid of more individuality between the characters in favor for a more simple game
  • I dislike the lack of mini games. If I had motor kombat or chess kombat I would still be playing this game
  • I dislike this god awful yellow color they used for the UI. GOD FUCK WHY YELLOW. ITS SUCH AN UGLY FUCKING COLOR!
The biggest dislike of all is how this game doesnt feel like an MK game. It feels stripped of all "love" and feels like pandering to the fighting game nerds that said that the previous MK's werent real fighting games.
This is all subjective, I find the game very fun.

Im an incredibly easy guy to get games with. Im in the Koths, the league, the tournaments, active here often, my PSN is posted in several threads and on several status. I know there are great players here, but none of them are crying for changes.
You say that last sentence like it’s a fact and not an assumption.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
Im an incredibly easy guy to get games with. Im in the Koths, the league, the tournaments, active here often, my PSN is posted in several threads and on several status. I know there are great players here, but none of them are crying for changes.
Dude, I know you are really good at the game, but I'm struggling to see how in any way that current Johnny is S-tier. If his hitboxes got fixed and he got some better KBs, then yeah, I could see him being very good, but in his current state, I have to hear the reasoning behind this.

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?
You say that last sentence like it’s a fact and not an assumption.
The people I know are great are not in this thread asking for changes. Better, dude?

Dude, I know you are really good at the game, but I'm struggling to see how in any way that current Johnny is S-tier. If his hitboxes got fixed and he got some better KBs, then yeah, I could see him being very good, but in his current state, I have to hear the reasoning behind this.
I explicitly said WITH hitbox adjustments and KB changes

Sanjo

Noob
Because it's easier to blame the game than focus on what mistakes we do. That's why a lot of the comments (proposed changes) here looks dumb : they come from your average joe player who doesn't understand the game on a deeper level. That's why you can often read the meme "MK11 is not deep".

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
The people I know are great are not in this thread asking for changes. Better, dude?

I explicitly said WITH hitbox adjustments and KB changes
I somehow completely missed that, sorry about that. Yeah, with that, I'm still not sure if I'd put him at S-rank as it currently is, but A-rank for sure. It'd of course also have to be in comparison to whatever happens with the current S-rank.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
So much truth in this post.

I'm guilty of not labbing, but I also know that's why I suck unlike a lot of the forum.

That said, I do want them to switch up some of the characters I want to play cause I find them boring. Sub Zero and Raiden mainly. I was so excited for both, but I don't like either of them. Some of the other specials could change that, or changes to frames and such.
That's you without labbing? I shudder of think of how good you'd be if you did lab.

But yeah, I fall into the same category. Even though I know my characters well, I haven't really labbed matchups nearly as much as I should be, mainly since I've had other things to focus on (work, personal life, and Sekiro). Not really much of an excuse, MK11 is just kinda on the backburner for right now. After EVO, though, I can see myself focusing a lot more on the game.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
That's you without labbing? I shudder of think of how good you'd be if you did lab.

But yeah, I fall into the same category. Even though I know my characters well, I haven't really labbed matchups nearly as much as I should be, mainly since I've had other things to focus on (work, personal life, and Sekiro). Not really much of an excuse, MK11 is just kinda on the backburner for right now. After EVO, though, I can see myself focusing a lot more on the game.
We live in the camp of "real time labbing"

What this consists of is the following.

1. Play MU
  2. Bitch about something cheap in the MU
  3. Find a way to stop said cheap thing while still complaining about it
  4. repeat 2 and 3 until comfortable with MU
  5. Play another MU
  6. complain about the cheap thing in the previous MU to blow off steam.
I for one have a black belt in this type of training.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
We live in the camp of "real time labbing"

What this consists of is the following.

1. Play MU
  2. Bitch about something cheap in the MU
  3. Find a way to stop said cheap thing while still complaining about it
  4. repeat 2 and 3 until comfortable with MU
  5. Play another MU
  6. complain about the cheap thing in the previous MU to blow off steam.
I for one have a black belt in this type of training.
Haha @lionheart21 this is exactly it.

Basically, when I'm on the game, I like to spend my time... ya know... playing the game. So I never really venture to the practice mode unless I'm practicing a specific combo or setup or trying to get out of one certain thing, so I want that thing to play over and over.

Pretty much I'm in the camp of learning by doing. Which makes ya bitch more cause, well, you're not gonna know how to beat cheesy stuff for a good while until you've seen it enough.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
yeah, I fall into the same category. Even though I know my characters well, I haven't really labbed matchups nearly as much as I should be, mainly since I've had other things to focus on (work, personal life, and Sekiro). Not really much of an excuse, MK11 is just kinda on the backburner for right now. After EVO, though, I can see myself focusing a lot more on the game.
Basically, when I'm on the game, I like to spend my time... ya know... playing the game. So I never really venture to the practice mode unless I'm practicing a specific combo or setup or trying to get out of one certain thing, so I want that thing to play over and over.

Pretty much I'm in the camp of learning by doing. Which makes ya bitch more cause, well, you're not gonna know how to beat cheesy stuff for a good while until you've seen it enough.

That's interesting, I'm the exact opposite. I can spend more time labbing and memorizing options against a bunch of characters, and go multiple days without playing anyone. Then I'll go play and muscle memory my way through matches. "Oh you did that move with that character, my memory says I follow up with option A. Next time since you'll expect A I follow up with B. Oh you're using character X? I know this option works better, so let me see how you respond, and if you adjust then I adjust". I try to learn all the for and against options for specific MUs. This is also why I tend to struggle in MUs that I rarely see when I shouldn't like an unexpected solid Kollector and such, because of my training style. I practice to be able to beat the character, so beating the player becomes secondary.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
That's interesting, I'm the exact opposite. I can spend more time labbing and memorizing options against a bunch of characters, and go multiple days without playing anyone. Then I'll go play and muscle memory my way through matches. "Oh you did that move with that character, my memory says I follow up with option A. Next time since you'll expect A I follow up with B. Oh you're using character X? I know this option works better, so let me see how you respond, and if you adjust then I adjust". I try to learn all the for and against options for specific MUs. This is also why I tend to struggle in MUs that I rarely see when I shouldn't like an unexpected solid Kollector and such, because of my training style. I practice to be able to beat the character, so beating the player becomes secondary.
But then you get to the match and its sweaty kombat league nerd and you know hes gonna do something stupid so you sit there waiting for him to do the point blank unsafe bs you just practiced punishing a million times ez in training mode and when they no-confirm just do it in your face you wait for the visual cue because you labbed your punish and know you need to microdash first to space it properly but since you waited for the visual cue you already made you punish come out late cus online and now you lose the game anyway and just quit back to training mode and punish it again offline 10 times in a row to confirm you arent crazy but it only makes the salt worse knowing you waited all game for the punish and when the time comes to do it online robs you once again....

Thats how I do it :D

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
And that, my friend, is why you mop the floor with me whenever we play. lmao

I wish I could make myself do that in the lab, but man... I just wanna play.